Mark H

annulment of a marriage in brazil

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
your opinion is your opinion. Unless you have personally gone through the situation, you cannot give someone a generic answer and tell them that is the gospel. All cases are different and if they choose to pursue another visa, they should contact an attorney. So having a family law attorney and an immigration attorneys point of view is not going to kill someone. Most lawyers will give a free initial consultaion. So there is no harm in getting all the information from different places.

I have done this... I have previously cancelled an I-129F!

YMMV

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
your opinion is your opinion. Unless you have personally gone through the situation, you cannot give someone a generic answer and tell them that is the gospel. All cases are different and if they choose to pursue another visa, they should contact an attorney. So having a family law attorney and an immigration attorneys point of view is not going to kill someone. Most lawyers will give a free initial consultaion. So there is no harm in getting all the information from different places.

The only and ONLY reason a lawyer should get involved is due to the prenup which is NOT an immigration issue, he is asking if he can nullify that as well. There is no immigration lawyer needed in this case as he is canceling the petition out, meaning, to cancel, no one just shows up for the interview, or you can contact USCIS to let them know.

But no, an immigration lawyer is not needed. They dont even need an immigration lawyer to get an annullment.

And even had you not gone thru a petition cancellation before, your advice is no less correct than someone who has done it before.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The only and ONLY reason a lawyer should get involved is due to the prenup which is NOT an immigration issue, he is asking if he can nullify that as well. There is no immigration lawyer needed in this case as he is canceling the petition out, meaning, to cancel, no one just shows up for the interview, or you can contact USCIS to let them know.

But no, an immigration lawyer is not needed. They dont even need an immigration lawyer to get an annullment.

And even had you not gone thru a petition cancellation before, your advice is no less correct than someone who has done it before.

If you had bothered to read the rest of my post or the one before that, I stated that an immigration attorney would be a good idea IF THEY INTEND TO FILE OTHER PETITONS IN THE FUTURE.

Edited by NicoleX08

I-130 Timeline:

12-11-2007- Married my Love

02-08-2008- CSC receives I-130

02-11-2008- Received Hardcopy NOA1

08-14-2008- Approved!!! 216 days...

08-21-2008- NOA2 Hardcopy received

08-27-2008- NVC Receives file, NVC Case Number issued

09-05-2008- AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032 Generated

09-06-2008- E-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

09-11-2008- Received Hardcopy of DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

09-15-2008- Mailed Hardcopy of DS-3032

09-16-2008- Paid $70 AOS fee online

09-17-2008- Received E-mail confirming the DS-3032 Agent

09-17-2008- Printed Coversheet for AOS paperwork

09-17-2008- IV Bill Invoiced

12-16-2008- Sent I-864 EZ to NVC

NOW: Debating on current situation...

.png

Timeline

If you had bothered to read the rest of my post or the one before that, I stated that an immigration attorney would be a good idea IF THEY INTEND TO FILE OTHER PETITONS IN THE FUTURE.

yes, for in the future, but why tell him that NOW, he wasnt asking about that, it can cause confusion. Especially when he never states they may get remarried in the near future.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

because he may want to know the consequences of this before he makes a decision. Like I said, it is just in case. And most lawyers do free initial consultations. That way he can get all the information upfront. It is not a confusing thing to be prepared.

I-130 Timeline:

.png

Timeline

oooooooooooooooooook :whistle:

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
because he may want to know the consequences of this before he makes a decision. Like I said, it is just in case. And most lawyers do free initial consultations. That way he can get all the information upfront. It is not a confusing thing to be prepared.

That he will want to understand and possibly preserve any potential immigration benefits on a marriage that has apparently failed? I can tell you that... To the OP... If you get a divorce then your ex-wife is no longer eligible to receive a spousal visa.....

YMMV

Timeline

yup... ignorance is bliss...

I-130 Timeline:

.png

Timeline

yup... ignorance is bliss...

:lol: wow your mature:)

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Timeline

go smoke another doobie stoner...

I-130 Timeline:

.png

Timeline
go smoke another doobie stoner...

I think You need to go back and read the TOS and then come back and post

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Timeline

whatever, it goes back to you have an opinion and I have an opinion. So let's stop the childish name calling and be done with it.

I-130 Timeline:

.png

Timeline
whatever, it goes back to you have an opinion and I have an opinion. So let's stop the childish name calling and be done with it.

I dont see any name calling on my end....so ok you can stop now :)

This is also not about opinions, it is about givng the information correctly and the information that he is asking for.

Your telling him to go to a immigration lawyer for FUTURE immigration reasons, but hes getting an annulment...which does not pertain to needing an immigration lawyer. Anyway i know me and fwaguy gave him the correct info, so you can stay here and talk to yourself now :) buh bye

Edited by Sinergy

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Timeline

I dont see any name calling on my end....so ok you can stop now :)

yeah that is because you changed your post that had the make calling. Just drop it and grow up.

I-130 Timeline:

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.