americag1234

Preparation for Montreal Interview

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for everyone that posted anwers to my previous questions about scheduling my appointment for my medical examination before I get my appointment letter. My other question is At the interview I would like to bring everything that i have but all i have are copies of my birth registration, I have an original marriage certificate, copy of my divorce certificate. Basically all I have are copies. I hope this would be okay.

Has anyone ever gone through this? When I called NVC they told me that I didn't have to bring copies or originals of these things.

"With God All Things Are Possible,trust in the Lord with all your heart,mind,Body and Spirit."

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2007-03-09

I-130 Sent : 2007-05-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-06-07

I-130 Approved : 2007-09-26

NVC Received :

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2007-11-13 -

Pay I-864 Bill:

Receive I-864 Package :

Return Completed I-864 :

Return Completed DS-3032 :

Receive IV Bill :

Pay IV Bill :

Receive Instruction Package : 2008-03-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2008-05-13

NVC Left : 2008-06-26

Consulate Received :

Appointment Letter Received: July 05/2008

Medical Examination: July 14/2008

Interview Date : 08-08-2008

Visa Approved: 08-08-2008

Visa Received : 08-14-2008

US Entry : 08-29-2008

Comments :POE very smooth at Pearson International Airport.

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 128 days from your filing date.

Previously you've probably sent copies of those documents, so you should be bringing the "originals" aka certified copies to the interview. They won't keep them, but it does say in the instructions that you should bring your certified copies so if asked, they can see them. Make sure if you've given the Consulate certified copies of documents, that you get them back. Never be left with just a "photocopy" of a certified copy!

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Thanks for everyone that posted anwers to my previous questions about scheduling my appointment for my medical examination before I get my appointment letter. My other question is At the interview I would like to bring everything that i have but all i have are copies of my birth registration, I have an original marriage certificate, copy of my divorce certificate. Basically all I have are copies. I hope this would be okay.

Has anyone ever gone through this? When I called NVC they told me that I didn't have to bring copies or originals of these things.

NVC is correct.

Because you have applied for an IR1/CR1 visa, you have already sent in originals to NVC.

NVC will send these originals to Montreal, the CO will have them in his or her file at the interview. At the interview they may return the original birth certificate and marriage certificate to you. In my Husband's case they mailed them back to us with the visa.

You don't even need your own copies for the interview - however it certainly can't hurt to take them and I would recommend that you do.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Like the others have stated, you have already sent in the originals, so ur good to go. But bringing copies is good as well. I was a freak and paid double, so I had doubles of all my originals, but thats not required, im just a freak.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Like the others have stated, you have already sent in the originals, so ur good to go. But bringing copies is good as well. I was a freak and paid double, so I had doubles of all my originals, but thats not required, im just a freak.

Admitting it is the first step flames :lol:

Timeline

I have no problems admitting that,lol And really wasnt all that expensive to get extra copies. We all know how the gov't loves to loose paperwork.

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
I have no problems admitting that,lol And really wasnt all that expensive to get extra copies. We all know how the gov't loves to loose paperwork.

I meant the 'freak' part....you knew that right?

Timeline

possibly,lol But I'm a freak with a XL Tim Hortons coffee

Timeline

possibly,lol But I'm a freak with a XL Tim Hortons coffee

:lol:

Which is funny, because I said to my Husband, "I don't think flames knew what I meant, but he's all hopped up on Tims".

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance found a canister of Tim's coffee this morning in one of his boxes while unpacking. Now we just need a coffee maker to brew that sucker up!

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My fiance found a canister of Tim's coffee this morning in one of his boxes while unpacking. Now we just need a coffee maker to brew that sucker up!

Shhh...not so loud, Flames will hear you. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

True. Mom's four sworn affidavits were lost. I had copies of everything though.

IR5

Timeline

Yes, but you're our type of freak. :thumbs: It's not like you actually believe that the Leafs are going to win the Stanley Cup next year or anything. :o

IR5

Timeline

Yes, but you're our type of freak. :thumbs: It's not like you actually believe that the Leafs are going to win the Stanley Cup next year or anything. :o

Is it a coincidence that the new mike Myers movie had the leafs in it, and the movie has bombed?? who saw that 1 coming? I'mglad to see the Leafs are supporting Senior Citizens--Bringing back Cujo for another stint bewteen the pipes! Actually Iam a fan of Cujo, so maybe I might cheer a bit for them.

Timeline

Is it a coincidence that the new mike Myers movie had the leafs in it, and the movie has bombed?? who saw that 1 coming? I'mglad to see the Leafs are supporting Senior Citizens--Bringing back Cujo for another stint bewteen the pipes! Actually Iam a fan of Cujo, so maybe I might cheer a bit for them.

You can't run from your true self, everyone knows you're just a Leafs fan who had his heart broken one too many times. :bonk: Sundin almost became a HAB last month, can you imagine the ramifications? The Leafs haven't just brought back Cujo but Armstrong, Bower and Mahovlich too. :lol:

BTW, Myers is a mediocre talent who rips off people and thinks of nothing to buy overpriced tickets to Leafs games no matter how poorly they play. Vern Troyer as a Punch Imlach-like character, gimme a break.

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.