Captain Ewok

Bickering in MENA

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

As I am sure you can agree it has gotten out of control. I know some members do not like other members. That happens often in the real world and just like there you have to learn to pick your battles and to simply chose not to interact and fuel fires with gas (so to speak). I am saying this because I strongly believe that people should be able (within the TOS) speak their opinions on any subject however you can chose to listen or debate or accept what they say. The problem is when it leads to bickering and fighting. Once that happens it becomes a distraction for the board (in a bad way).

Anyhow I want to remind everyone of the ignore feature in the control panel. It allows you to add people and then all their posts and topics wil be hidden. I am not saying you should go and put people on that list -- but it is a feature worth noting.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I think people who cant take the heat should keep outta the kitchen. meaning, if you dont like a thread that is not violating TOS keep yuh raas way! Why go into the thread and stir the pot and cause all the confusion and bickering? I've seen worse threads on VJ, than the ones stating how hot your man is and those run just fine on VJ. This is childish.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Well I think allowing certain posters to derail threads should be a violation of TOS once someone posts their opinions then that should be it but apparently some get to post them over and over and over like their word is the truth and law. Seems to me if you stopped allowing the trolling certain groups would be allowed to bicker? I know I would never go into a thread I didn't agree with and spend the majority of my time but hey that's just me. :)

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

dreamy_Riyad-2.jpg2615261345_a42ed1904a.jpg

No one tell the hubby! Oh wait I already told HIM! :)

Timeline
I think people who cant take the heat should keep outta the kitchen. meaning, if you dont like a thread that is not violating TOS keep yuh raas way! Why go into the thread and stir the pot and cause all the confusion and bickering? I've seen worse threads on VJ, than the ones stating how hot your man is and those run just fine on VJ. This is childish.

It's what is leading to the bickering. Someone only need give their opinion once on a subject after that it's TROLLING. Apparently name calling is wrong but trolling hey that's all good as long as you say it's just your opinion and you are using your free speech. :whistle:

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

We remodeled the kitchen. It's much more user friendly now. OT is a happy place and much more fitting for expressing your hotnesses in and out of the kitchen.

Thx jackie, mags, capt'n!

Edited by Virtual wife

Timeline
Well I think allowing certain posters to derail threads should be a violation of TOS once someone posts their opinions then that should be it but apparently some get to post them over and over and over like their word is the truth and law. Seems to me if you stopped allowing the trolling certain groups would be allowed to bicker? I know I would never go into a thread I didn't agree with and spend the majority of my time but hey that's just me. :)

I agree. I'm not even apart of the MENA group so I have no sides. I saw the thread about my hot husband and thought it was really cute. All of a sudden it went down hill. So I wasnt sure if the word Arab was offensive cause for the life of me I could not figure out why speaking about your husband of another culture besides the American one, on a immgration site, could be so offensive. Go figure. If i had a hot American husband I'd let him know it too.

Anyway it was VERY apparent how the thread was going down and who was bringing it down. Ewok, I think it would've been very beneficial and fair (if this was not done already) to PM that person and let them know how they can stop provoking fights and just stay out of the thread.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

It's what is leading to the bickering. Someone only need give their opinion once on a subject after that it's TROLLING. Apparently name calling is wrong but trolling hey that's all good as long as you say it's just your opinion and you are using your free speech. :whistle:

Try expressing your opinion only once in a thread and let me know how that works for you. You've posted your view in this one twice already.

Moving on . . .

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This thread is just a request for ALL who frequent MENA to have a bit more respect for one another. No one is being singled out, it applies to everyone.

This thread wasn't started so people could continue on with the bickering started in another thread. It is a polite request for members to have a bit more respect and if they don't like someone steer clear of them and their topics.

So, move on and don't use this thread to continue the previous subject.

Edited by Mags

Timeline

Try expressing your opinion only once in a thread and let me know how that works for you. You've posted your view in this one twice already.

Moving on . . .

Well so have you so what is the difference.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I'm gonna sing kum-by-ah now. :P

Good idea :thumbs: Shouldn't we all?

What was that song "We are the world, we are the children....."?

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

Timeline
This thread is just a request for ALL who frequent MENA to have a bit more respect for one another. No one is being singled out, it applies to everyone.

This thread wasn't started so people could continue on with the bickering started in another thread. It is a polite request for members to have a bit more respect and if they don't like someone steer clear of them and their topics.

So, move on and don't use this thread to continue the previous subject.

oh really is it a request for all? I question that based on previous experience? Were you the one who changed the title of my forum was that a polite, nice way of saying move on to the people who were trolling the thread? Do you think that helped keep the peace in MENA or only appeased those who were doing the derailing. It's one thing to ask for peace but another when your not willing to apply rules equally and fairly to establish this peace. And this is a new subject a subject about the fairness of moderation on this site and ways to end the bickering?

MY HOT ARAB HUBBY!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.