The Africa they never show you

135 posts in this topic

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Sierra Leone Pictures dedicated to Omoba :)

Sierra Leone Beach

69556.jpg

Bureh Beach, Sierra Leone

bureh-beach-sierra-leone.jpg

Franco Beach, Sierra Leone

franco4.jpg

img_03.jpg

Sierra Leone Home

IMG_5710.jpg

Sierra Leone

RiverNo.jpg

So many pretty colors...Sierra Leone

sierraleonanwomen.jpg

THE ROAD FROM KENEMA, SIERRA LEONE

theroadfromkenema.jpg

Timeline

Alright folks...there are hundreds more pictures where those came from. I'll post more tomorrow. I'm exhausted and besides, I think I did a good job at covering North, South, East, and West tonight. :lol:

Filed: Other Timeline

man, LL, you did a helluva job with this post all by your dammy :thumbs::thumbs:

the pix of the beaches, ahhhh, just makes me wanna pack my bags and move right nah, :yes::yes:

set up me a cart along side the road :idea: and sell mi fufu and banku :rofl::rofl:

UNO (F)

p.s. thanks for this, I am a terrible insomniac, I needed something to keep me occupied.

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Thank you for this thread!! :thumbs:

You're right, this is something they never show. Everybody talks about poverty, deserts, abuse of women, children dying... but people forget to mention the other side of the medal and all the beauties Africa holds within. I just finished reading "Infidel", a book by Ayaan Hirsi Ali about her life and a big part of that book talks about life in Africa and it really is nice to see this now for balance since the book is really depressing and sad (and strong at the same time, but I won't go into a book review now)

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Clouds from an approaching thunderstorm. This was taken in the courtyard of our house.

River that flows through our village.

A house on the Tamale road in Northern Ghana.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
Its ok I have been finding so many things to put in here... I have discovered you tube (thanks to my teenage son) and I cant believe the cool videos of Africa that I found!!!! I hope other people will post their great photos!!! I dont think I have ever been so excited about a thread before :dance:

I just had time to look through the Youtube videos! They are great and I loved the educational one and the one with the African cities. Very cool! Thanks for sharing those. :thumbs:

:cry: ah girl you making me homesick for Salone...........road to Kenema..........aaaawwwww :luv::wub:

:D Alright now, no tears, mmkay? Follow the yellow brick dirt path road to Kenema, lol. That jungle looks scary!

man, LL, you did a helluva job with this post all by your dammy :thumbs::thumbs:

the pix of the beaches, ahhhh, just makes me wanna pack my bags and move right nah, :yes::yes:

set up me a cart along side the road :idea: and sell mi fufu and banku :rofl::rofl:

UNO (F)

p.s. thanks for this, I am a terrible insomniac, I needed something to keep me occupied.

De nada, uno! You're sooooo silly....your comment about the banku and fufu had me rollin!

Thank you for this thread!! :thumbs:

You're right, this is something they never show. Everybody talks about poverty, deserts, abuse of women, children dying... but people forget to mention the other side of the medal and all the beauties Africa holds within. I just finished reading "Infidel", a book by Ayaan Hirsi Ali about her life and a big part of that book talks about life in Africa and it really is nice to see this now for balance since the book is really depressing and sad (and strong at the same time, but I won't go into a book review now)

:thumbs: You're welcome!

I have a ton of pictures at home. I will upload them when I get the time :)

YAY! Can't wait!!

Timeline

Zee, the scenery in front of your house is gorgeous! It's so open and vast...that thunderstorm looked like NO JOKE! The other pictures are beautiful and they look so natural. :star:

Timeline

Lurking, those pictures are beautiful. The views are gorgeous! Looks like you all had tons of fun at the pool, lol! Now I want to go swimming so bad. ^_^

Edited by LovinLiberia

LL what a great thread :dance::dance::dance::dance:

I love it love it love it.

The pics are soooo beautiful!!!!

Thanks so much :luv:

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Beautiful just beautiful!

here's one at Axim in Ghana

126aximbeachview.jpg

I wish I had other trips scanned! It's such a misunderstood continent!

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.