ILLEGAL ALIENS

N-400 June Nebraska Filers...

52 posts in this topic

From my experience with USCIS for last 10 years, all of their mail-out marked as "DO NOT FORWARD", and mail forwarding service from USPS will NOT work.

If you moved to new place, you have to submit AR-11 right away, and probably good to have InfoPass appointment with local DO to see any scheduled activity. While you have InfoPass appointment, you better make sure that they update your address in file.

Well we just moved to a smaller/cheaper apartment pending our escape from America. We called the USCIS and did an address change, and we mailed in the form as well.

We assumed the mail would forward along to the new place, but we assumed wrong. I have a bad feeling the interview letter has been sent, and we were informed that those letters have DO NOT FORWARD stamped on them. God, I can only imagine how badly the local office will screw this up.

We may have to take a trip there physically to get this issue settled. We did request that the post office start a "hold mail" for us but who knows what will happen.

Anyone had any issues from an address change? Feedback is always appreciated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

From my experience with USCIS for last 10 years

Ten years dealing with the USCIS? Are they even that old? Nevertheless, how do you manage to keep your sanity? After six years of this stuff, ready to be locked up in the funny farm.

Yes...

I happened to know my ex-wife, who was immigrated to U.S. at the time.

So I happened to visit U.S. for vacation, and my ex-wife didn't let me go of her at the time.

So I started my own INS starting from I-539 twice filing, and getting H1B visa through my employer, then V1 visa, then Green card, then N400. ^^

I think I need to subscribe to life-time membership from USCIS and no further processing fee any more.

Even further, I had to help my ex-wife's case for INS at the time, so it may go further 2~3 years if I include other people's case.

I guess after my N400, I have to deal with my new-wife's case again, so it will go further for 3~4 years.

So far, I have been working for same employer for last 9 years in Milwaukee, WI area, where happens to be fastest processing DO for N400.

I haven't vote for anybody for last 15 years, so I hope I could vote for somebody this election period when my case is done before or on this October. ^^

From my experience with USCIS for last 10 years

Ten years dealing with the USCIS? Are they even that old? Nevertheless, how do you manage to keep your sanity? After six years of this stuff, ready to be locked up in the funny farm.

So far, I have been working for same employer for last 9 years in Milwaukee, WI area, where happens to be fastest processing DO for N400.

I guess Milwaukee, WI is not fastest processing DO. It seems Helena, MT is fastest.

But still Milwaukee, WI is pretty good on the speed of N400 processing. ^^

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I cant complain too much about the Helena office. I called them last week and got a call back today asking for the new address. Thats a good sign.

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

Timeline

Ok, the bad news first. Got another call back from the USCIS local office. They could not verify with 100% accuracy that the AR-11 address change has been fully processed.

The good news is, they were able to look into the computer system and give us BOTH our N-400 interview date (set for late August) AND our swearing in timeframe and location of October at Missoula, Montana.

My wife should have her US passport by the end of November.

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

had the biometrics taken today...

I-751 Process

Condition Removal

July 24, 2007 I-751 sent to NSC

July 27, 2007 I-751 received by NSC

Aug 09, 2007 Check Cleared, No NOA

Aug 11, 2007 I-797C(NOA) Arrived Home

Aug 27, 2007 Biometrics Letter came

Sep 05, 2007 Biometrics Taken

Nov 22, 2007 Request for Evidence letter arrived (Prepairing documents)

Jan 17, 2008 More Evidence Sent to NSC

Feb 08, 2008 New Card Order E-mail Received

Feb 12, 2008 Application Approved E-mail Received

Feb 14, 2008 New Card Arrived

Naturalization

Jun 27, 2008 N-400 Package Sent

Jun 30, 2008 N-400 Package Delivered (USPS Website)

July 10, 2008 Received NOA

July 14, 2008 Received Biometrics Letter for Jul 25

July 25, 2008 Biometrics Appointment

Aug 14, 2008 Received Interview Letter for Sep 24

Sep 24, 2008 Interview Appointment

Timeline

Everone moving along nicely. Moving to Montana has been one of the biggest mistakes of my life, but the silver lining is having a fairly fast N-400 processing time.

anybody has any news yet?

I-751 Process

Condition Removal

July 24, 2007 I-751 sent to NSC

July 27, 2007 I-751 received by NSC

Aug 09, 2007 Check Cleared, No NOA

Aug 11, 2007 I-797C(NOA) Arrived Home

Aug 27, 2007 Biometrics Letter came

Sep 05, 2007 Biometrics Taken

Nov 22, 2007 Request for Evidence letter arrived (Prepairing documents)

Jan 17, 2008 More Evidence Sent to NSC

Feb 08, 2008 New Card Order E-mail Received

Feb 12, 2008 Application Approved E-mail Received

Feb 14, 2008 New Card Arrived

Naturalization

Jun 27, 2008 N-400 Package Sent

Jun 30, 2008 N-400 Package Delivered (USPS Website)

July 10, 2008 Received NOA

July 14, 2008 Received Biometrics Letter for Jul 25

July 25, 2008 Biometrics Appointment

Aug 14, 2008 Received Interview Letter for Sep 24

Sep 24, 2008 Interview Appointment

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Nope, Net yet.

I'm still checking my mail box every day for Interview Letter...

Then the Oath Letter............

Wife is concerned that she wouldn't turn over our original divorce papers, but hey, we will need those if we decide to get a divorce and want to remarry again, can't get a marriage license without them, and you can't get married without a license, but I guess the USCIS doesn't know that.

But they did keep my original tax returns with the original IRS label on them, I don't even send that back to the IRS, send them a copy of it instead. If they want more, would have to be happy with our names typed in. If not, we are screwed.

They could have stationed a USCIS agent in our home for the last three years. Or even locked us up in a padded cell together for the last three years.

Nope, Net yet.

I'm still checking my mail box every day for Interview Letter...

Then the Oath Letter............

Wife is concerned that she wouldn't turn over our original divorce papers, but hey, we will need those if we decide to get a divorce and want to remarry again, can't get a marriage license without them, and you can't get married without a license, but I guess the USCIS doesn't know that.

But they did keep my original tax returns with the original IRS label on them, I don't even send that back to the IRS, send them a copy of it instead. If they want more, would have to be happy with our names typed in. If not, we are screwed.

They could have stationed a USCIS agent in our home for the last three years. Or even locked us up in a padded cell together for the last three years.

What if we called Congressman, and tell them like this?

"If you could contact USCIS and facilitate my N400 process, so I could get my "certificate of naturalization" by October 1, 2008, I will vote for you!"

Is that going to make some difference ? ^^

Timeline

Well, it would be considered bribery...UNLESS you create your own political action group and offer a "donation" of a million or so.

Then its perfectly legal.

Anyhow, my wife's N-400 interview is set for August 26th and we were told she will be added to the October swearing in queue IF she passes the test...which she will.

So, I assume that by the end of the year she will have her U.S. Passport.

Timeline

Oh, the AR-11 issue. We went to the post office and put a hold on all mail to the "family". The post office took more then a week to process it and they screwed up the address, then took another week to correct the address.

I can safely assume the letter with my wife's N-400 appointment date got bounced back to USCIS. I can only hope they didnt get the letter back and declare my wifes as "abandoned".

I think Ill call the USCIS right now and ask about that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.