What's next

Getting pregnant after failed interview.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Would you guys consider getting pregnant after failing an interview? Would getting pregnant change the CO's decision? Does having a kid together guarantee a pink slip? What are your thoughts on this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Would you guys consider getting pregnant after failing an interview? Would getting pregnant change the CO's decision? Does having a kid together guarantee a pink slip? What are your thoughts on this?

This is probably about the worst idea I have heard. Think of it this way. If you still didn't get the visa, you would have a child you would never see.

From what I have read in some other threads, it seems like they make you wait until after the child is born to prove the paternity via DNA, then that still doesn't get your fiancee or wife a visa. The child might have a easier path to entry, but it doesn't guarantee anything for the mother.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
The child might have a easier path to entry, but it doesn't guarantee anything for the mother.
I agree with you point of view and the what if, but.. surely they wouldn't separate mother and the child? :blink:

And, the baby would get US citizenship simply by being born to a USC as a parent, so it would have every right to enter the US without any visas.

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

It proves absolutely nothing except that the beneficiary had sex sometime within the last 9 months.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
The child might have a easier path to entry, but it doesn't guarantee anything for the mother.
I agree with you point of view and the what if, but.. surely they wouldn't separate mother and the child? :blink:

And, the baby would get US citizenship simply by being born to a USC as a parent, so it would have every right to enter the US without any visas.

I think they most certainly would separate a mother and child. Especially since it would look like the child was conceived only to circumvent immigration. I hate to say it, but if it was a way to guarantee a visa everyone would have a child. This doesn't prove a relationship existed, only that the couple produced a child.

No, they wouldn't separate mother and child, but there is no reason why that should be a reason to give mother a visa to immigrate to the US.

And it would do what kind of good, if the mother doesn't have a visa, and is unable to travel?

As for the original subject....I am not familiar w/ the OP's consulate (but I hear its one of the toughest ones) but I would caution that having a baby in a bid to further solidify the case for a visa for the foreign beneficiary is overall a bad idea. Having a baby simply proves that at some point (9 months before the birth) the foreign beneficiary and the USC had sex which resulted in a pregnancy. It does not prove a bona-fide relationship. People do end up pregnant after one-night stands...it only proves that a sexual relationship happenned....not that there is a bona-fine underlying 'marital' or 'fiancee' relationship which merits that the foreign beneficiary be allowed to immigrate to the US. AND, in order to get said immigrant visa, it is exactly what is needed to be proven, a real 'marital' relationship.

-P

Edited by Minya's wife
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
I think they most certainly would separate a mother and child.
They can't!

They can not give mother the visa, but they can't separate them.. :blink:

Minya's wife, I agree with the red thing you said :)

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Doctor said I can not have children. Seems it is a function reserved for women only.

:rofl:

....ahhhh but if you could... I wonder if they'd give you/yours the visa!? :no:

timeline.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Bad idea. It may not give the desired result, and then after that, your poor fiancee would have to adjust to a whole new world and have to take care of an infant in addition. Why would you want to do that to her?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How about having two kids after you failed the interview. Would that double your trouble, or would that now guarantee the pink slip? Surely having two kids would signify a bona fide relationship right?

Having kids should be a viable option if all else fails. Your first, second, third petitions have been denied. You have no more substantional proof to show. No help from attorneys or politicians. By this point, at least 3 or 4 years have gone by, what do you do? Part ways? Move back to VN? Keep fighting what seems to be a useless battle?

Having kids should be seriouly considered. Assuming you want to have a family, ready to have a family and have the resources to support your family, this may be your only ticket. Sure there are some concerns and down point with having kids in VN, but if having your wife in the US is your goal, this may be the best route to take.

There's a chance the CO will still give the denial even if you have a half dozen kids. But this option shouldn't just be ruled out.

What's Next, anyone who has been around this board long enough is all familiar with my case. Both my wife now (fiance at the time) and I both went through the same thought as you and we glad we did not do it. It just not right. I know you are sad and forgive me for saying this, desperate but please do not do it. Read below to understand. This came from an email from a very nice lady who works for my Congressman. She helped me sucessfully getting the visa for my wife

"Yes, the pregnancy will complicate the case due to additional person, DNA testing and status change. As for as I know, you can get married and change status. For marriage, it’s probably more legitimate if the wife is pregnant. Otherwise, it is still under scrutiny of proving a bona-fide relationship"

I used to be indecisive. Now I am just not sure ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.