J & Q

Visa canceled

76 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Seems like some people are being discriminated against because they were introduced by family, but a lot also get approved so i am wondering if there is another common theme in denials. any thoughts?surely they cant just dismiss your relationship on this basis alone. my interview is coming up in a few weeks and i want to be ready for everything. i provided all paperwork i think they can ever ask for so that shouldn't be a problem. i have also heard of cases being decided before the interview even takes place. any truth to this?

Rodney

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Part of the problem is if you cannot resolve the denial, then this will haunt you later if you choose to marry and refile.I have read other consulates are starting to deny also based on introductions through relatives or friends.

Hopefully ME can resolve the cases and everyone can move on with their lives.

It always seems to be something new, before if you met through a marriage broker was no good, now relatives are bad, what next?

I myself have a problem also,I married in Vietnam but did not have enough holiday time to stay to get marriage certificate, so I cannot file yet until get that. Wish i knew in advance you had to wait 40 days. I also was introduced to my wife through her cousin, and also worry what will happen if we are denied.

Good Luck to all

Craig

I don't get that, because I was there 30 days total. We did go in the day I arrived and start the papers (February 22, 2008) and signed on March 11, 2008. Maybe it's a Provincial thing? We married in Tien Giang.

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Part of the problem is if you cannot resolve the denial, then this will haunt you later if you choose to marry and refile.I have read other consulates are starting to deny also based on introductions through relatives or friends.

Hopefully ME can resolve the cases and everyone can move on with their lives.

It always seems to be something new, before if you met through a marriage broker was no good, now relatives are bad, what next?

I myself have a problem also,I married in Vietnam but did not have enough holiday time to stay to get marriage certificate, so I cannot file yet until get that. Wish i knew in advance you had to wait 40 days. I also was introduced to my wife through her cousin, and also worry what will happen if we are denied.

Good Luck to all

Craig

I don't get that, because I was there 30 days total. We did go in the day I arrived and start the papers (February 22, 2008) and signed on March 11, 2008. Maybe it's a provincial thing? We married in Tien Giang.

Tuyen and I went in a few days before we got married (May 9). I returned to VN in July to register in "The Book" (July 25) in Dong Nai.

They gave us the run-around when we first went in. We returned with information they "needed" only to be told we were missing other information. When we went in to register they wouldn't accept the Customs Form because they had just changed it from a yellow slip to a white card. With enough complaining they finally accepted it (it had the stamps on it).

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Timeline

i think the HCM consulate has some serouis issues. is it true that the consulate should be like a small "US" in Vn? that was what i thought, but now it seems VERY much corrupt like the rest of Vn. its like the the COs have a power trip and just want to shake up peoples lives. every keeps posting that if a family member introduced you that it was a for sure denial. i met my fiancee from her cousin that lives here in the US, they didnt ask for any of her info. she also has an aunt and uncle her too, the CO didnt even ask there names. anyways my finacee and i got 1 green 1 blue then later the pink. she is here now and all is good, but it really makes me upset to read about all the troubles the other VJ member are having. its like 98% of the post i read are denials from VN, and 2% approvals. i wonder if we can get a petetion going to congress to get the HCM consulate cleaned up?? any ideas??

N400 sent : 2011-11-18

N400 received & check cashed : 2011-11-28

N400 interview letter revcd: 2012-01-23

N400 interview: 2012-02-29

N400 oath: 2012-03-21

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
i think the HCM consulate has some serouis issues. is it true that the consulate should be like a small "US" in Vn? that was what i thought, but now it seems VERY much corrupt like the rest of Vn. its like the the COs have a power trip and just want to shake up peoples lives. every keeps posting that if a family member introduced you that it was a for sure denial. i met my fiancee from her cousin that lives here in the US, they didnt ask for any of her info. she also has an aunt and uncle her too, the CO didnt even ask there names. anyways my finacee and i got 1 green 1 blue then later the pink. she is here now and all is good, but it really makes me upset to read about all the troubles the other VJ member are having. its like 98% of the post i read are denials from VN, and 2% approvals. i wonder if we can get a petetion going to congress to get the HCM consulate cleaned up?? any ideas??

For starters, why not close down 4 Le Duan, make it a small consulate to help USCs only, and move the whole bloody mess up to the newly expanded Hanoi? Or for that matter, why not Hue? The central location should be the fairest place, right?

Timeline
You would think the embassy would be thrilled that a beneficiary has relatives in the States. What a lot of people do not realize is the beneficiary goes thru some SERIOUS culture shock when they come here. In some cases, it is so overwelming it can be hard to adapt. Having friends and family can only serve to ease the tension of relocating to a new and foreign place.

That is a good point. It is all of those who do these the illegal way for gain of wealth and not love that hurt us all. They should all be ashamed of themselves, not only is it unethical it is unmoral. The person that we made the mistake of hiring in Ho chi Minh wanted us to lie and say that we knew each other longer than what we actually did. We however choose to take the honest route and look at where it got us. Maybe we should have lied, I don't know. All I know is that I am so drained right now and don't know what to do or where to turn. My Immigration Attorney here in the US pretty much told me that the only way that we can get the Consulate to overturn our case is with the assistance of my Congressman/woman or Senator. She said that it is very difficult once it goes back to the states.

4432.gif

4977653_bodyshot_300x400.gif4980295_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Timeline
i have no advise for u but i wanted to tell u how sorry i am all of this is happening to u i will add u two to my prayers

sara

Sara,

Thank you, that is very thoughtful of you.

4432.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline
This is pretty disturbing that they seem to have a bias if anyone is introduced by a relative. most of my friends who are married were introduced by family members. anyone know the overall approval rates at the HCMC consulate? wold be interesting to know.

Rodney

Rodney,

It looks like most of the people on here received their Visa's. There were a few that received blue slips but once they submitted the documents a pink slip was issued. That is those who reported back anyway. I don't know how many were denied and never posted a thread.

My 1st blue slip asking for: timeline & proof or airline purchase>>>then got a green slip asking for both parents's birth certs & how I migrated to U.S under which program>>>then Pink slip! :)

11-16-12: Sent I-130 for Dad.
11-19-12: Priority date/rec'd date.
02-06-13: Case approved, NOA2.
02-19-13: NVC received case.
03-08-13: Case # assigned--HCM2013******.
03-09-13: Paid AOS Fee $88.00.
03-09-13: Emailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's email address.
03-13-13: AOS Fee showed as PAID & sent AOS package certified mail.
03-18-13: AOS package delivered @ 10:50 A.M.
03-18-13: DS-3032 accepted.
03-20-13: IV Bill Invoice.
03-21-13: Paid IV Fee $230.00.
03-23-13: IV Fee showed as PAID.
04-23-13: Sent IV package certified mail.
04-26-13: IV package delivered @ 11:13 A.M.

05-08-13: Case completed @ NVC per telephone call.

05-15-15: Case completed per email from NVC.

06-07-13: Rec'd email from NVC RE: interview date. (letter dated 06-05-13).

07-18-13: Interview date-- PASSED.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

From what I have read from other people who have had this problem, especially China, that it is best to keep the case in HCM and that senators usually do not offer much help at all. Unless the Senator is a close personal friend. It seems in China that people are being asked about relatives now in USA.

Also from what I have seen it looks like every 6 months or so they change what they are looking for to prove relationships.

Like the old saying, " Just about the time i make ends meet, someone moves the ends"

I wish you luck with ME or his assistant in resolving this.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
That is a good point. It is all of those who do these the illegal way for gain of wealth and not love that hurt us all. They should all be ashamed of themselves. Not only is it illegal, it is immoral. The person that we made the mistake of hiring in Ho Chi Minh wanted us to lie and say that we knew each other longer than what we actually did. We, however, choose to take the honest route and look where it got us. Maybe we should have lied, I don't know. All I know is that I am so drained right now and don't know what to do, or where to turn. My immigration attorney here in the US pretty much told me that the only way that we can get the Consulate to overturn our case is with the assistance of my Congressman/woman or Senator. She said that it is very difficult once it goes back to the states.

That is the SECOND instance of a NYC attorney giving horrible advice that I've heard of in a short space of time. OK, I'm assuming your attorney is from NYC, which may be incorrect. At any rate, getting sent back to USCIS is not the end of the world, according to our favorite attorney. However, that may mean delays of one year or more. He said, "You will succeed.....it's just a question of when."

Curious about the other case with bad advice (From a NYC attorney)? Purely by chance, I met this fellow who is dating this Chinese woman here on an educational visa. He advised them to get married and apply for an adjustment of status. Now, I'm no immigration attorney, but that sounds like disastrous advice to me. I told him yes, get married, but file the damn I-130 just like everybody else. No trouble with the authorities that way.

Edited by Melrose Plant

Timeline
I hired a lawyer here in the states which was of some help sending me all of the forms and making sure they were filled out correctly (i think). Now I am still waiting on the USCIS to approve our I 129 and after reading all of the information on here I Hired ME and Mr. Nam (the Vietnamese lawyer). I know Xuan has had an interview before when her aunt tried to "help" her. Once she found out that she would have to marry the man at the interview, well lets just say that was that. Now this was back on 2006 before we met. That application was sent back for review to the USCIS where it still waits (thank god). ME said our case would be straight forward enough but the dark cloud of the other petition hang above our heads. I hired ME and Mr. Nam because this is what they do. They take cases that are difficult or have been rejected and fix them. In my case I wanted to go into the interview with all my ducks in a row if you will. It may seem like it cost some money but I think it was said on another post, "if it is bribe money they want tell me were to send the check" While it is not bribe money, it may have the same effect. You do not get a reputation like ME without being able to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Just some thoughts. Good luck and if you need ME's number/email or Mr. Nam's number/email just let me know.

I spoke with ME this morning. He is currently away and asked me to have her contact Nam. She tried to contact him but says the number i gave her doesn't work. I don't know if I wrote it down wrong or what. Maybe you could send it to me via email through VJ so not to dsiplay his information to the board. I am sure that they won't mind but you never know.

Thanks in advance.

4432.gif

Timeline
That is a good point. It is all of those who do these the illegal way for gain of wealth and not love that hurt us all. They should all be ashamed of themselves. Not only is it illegal, it is immoral. The person that we made the mistake of hiring in Ho Chi Minh wanted us to lie and say that we knew each other longer than what we actually did. We, however, choose to take the honest route and look where it got us. Maybe we should have lied, I don't know. All I know is that I am so drained right now and don't know what to do, or where to turn. My immigration attorney here in the US pretty much told me that the only way that we can get the Consulate to overturn our case is with the assistance of my Congressman/woman or Senator. She said that it is very difficult once it goes back to the states.

That is the SECOND instance of a NYC attorney giving horrible advice that I've heard of in a short space of time. OK, I'm assuming your attorney is from NYC, which may be incorrect. At any rate, getting sent back to USCIS is not the end of the world, according to our favorite attorney. However, that may mean delays of one year or more. He said, "You will succeed.....it's just a question of when."

Curious about the other case with bad advice (From a NYC attorney)? Purely by chance, I met this fellow who is dating this Chinese woman here on an educational visa. He advised them to get married and apply for an adjustment of status. Now, I'm no immigration attorney, but that sounds like disastrous advice to me. I told him yes, get married, but file the damn I-130 just like everybody else. No trouble with the authorities that way.

My attorney here in NYC is great. It is the bozo that we hired in HCM. This guy thinks he knows it all and advices her against what my attorney and I say. I have told him numerous times not to go against me. This was the last straw. I advised her to get the paperwork that he has and bring it with her to the new person we will hire. I was going to call but figured that I may make matters worse and cause him to keep us from getting the paperwork back. I am so pissed right now I just want to jump on a plane and kick his butt all over HCM.

Edited by J & Q

4432.gif

Timeline

Why not? Canadians do it all the time (and get away with it). There's nothing illegal about it, as long as USCIS can't prove that marriage was the intent all along. It's a loophole that needs to be dealt with IMHO.

Timeline

For starters, why not close down 4 Le Duan, make it a small consulate to help USCs only, and move the whole bloody mess up to the newly expanded Hanoi? Or for that matter, why not Hue? The central location should be the fairest place, right?

How is the Hanoi Embassy in relation to the one in Ho chi Minh City? I think that they really need to restructure the whole embassy, even if that means firing everyone and starting from scratch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-9IZfSFfE&hl=en"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-9IZfSFfE&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-9IZfSFfE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by J & Q

4432.gif

Timeline

How is the Hanoi Embassy in relation to the one in Ho chi Minh City? I think that they really need to restructure the whole embassy, even if that means firing everyone and starting from scratch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-9IZfSFfE&hl=en"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-9IZfSFfE&hl=en"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k-9IZfSFfE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

All visa applications are through HCMC if I'm not mistaken.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.