jean&chard

what kind of investigate?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone... i'm new in this site. so many questions ..

Somebody told me that they are doing investigation in your neighborhood about your petition. Is that true?. and what kind of investigation?

for instance, you filed for K1?

anyone had experience like this?

Edited by jean&chard

02/21/11: POE L.A.

03/04/11: Applied for SSI

04/01/11: passed actual Driving test!

04/08/11 Wedding Day

04/28/11: AOS packet sent USPS

04/29/20: AOS received by J.C (Chicago)

05/04/11: Tx message from USCIS that application rec'v

05/04/11: check cashed $1,070 whew!

05/23/11: Biometrics Appt @ 2pm

06/07/11: USCIS text notification

07/09/11: Interview/ AOS Approved!/ Card production tx notice

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Filed: Timeline

Somebody told me that they are doing investigation in your neighborhood about your petition. Is that true?. and what kind of investigation?

Occassionally, investigations are conducted to determine the legitimacy of the relationship.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Timeline

Eventhough you have a strong proof like pictures, emails, phone bills, boarding passes, passport stamps ,hotel receipts and everything?..

or it depends with them?

thanks to you diaddie mermaid.

04/08/11 Wedding Day

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Well, it's first time I heard this & I don't think this is true. It doesn't make sense either. The agencies who handle the petition cases are too busy everyday checking paperworks in their office. To my knowledge, they check the legitimacy of available information concerning the petitioner from computer systems same thing with the documents submitted. On the part of the beneficiary, they do checks on the proofs & other documentation presented to them. The way I see, they rely more on documents being submitted to them and not on actual on-site check. Maybe in special circumstances it is done but I am not convinced this actually happened...

"...when I found the one my heart loves, I held him and would not let him go..." - Song of Solomon 3:4

View my wedding photo slideshow

Visit my blog "Filipina In America"

Check out some articles I wrote

this is not my first time i heard this, i even had a co K1 applicant who was been said by this. way back in 2004 i was on my interview i knew this K1 applicant who have a son. so i go first on the hot seat B) after i done i waited for the next step, till this lady done on her hot seat, she went with me, so i ask her hows the interview, she said the consul told her they need to do some investigation since she had a son on previous relationship, sometimes when the personel at USEM got some crazy doubt they will really tell u this thing. or else somebody requested it to do so, cuz we all know some just do it for scams, they just wanna make sure of everything, if the applicant deserve to have VISA in hand. dont worry as long your relationship is true your out if trouble. good luck.

Timeline

that's what i thought, that the agencies are too busy everyday checking paperworks in their office and dont have time to do investigation as long we submit true and strong proofs.

I'm just curious because i always hear this thing to others, that the agencies still go to ur place or neighborhood to ask such question regarding your relationship, eventhough you have complete and strong proofs.

thanks to your inputs! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

04/08/11 Wedding Day

qTJr.jpgbnzFm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.