Rodney n.

Any other interviews in July?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

As my interview dates i keep wondering if i am forgetting anything and how my situation would look to a CO. i have known my fiancée for over a year and we were introduced by her aunt who i have been friends with for years. her aunt didn't try to introduce us at first. i was at her aunts house looking through photos and say vans photo and wanted to know more about her, but at the time she had a bf so i had to wait a few months then i got to talk with her and get too know her. we usually talk on the phone or chat on yahoo. i send letters occasionally and cards on special occasions. as proof i have told van to bring all chat logs, phone bills, text messages, letters , and e-mails. i have only made one trip to vn and we had our engagement ceremony during that trip. i have tried to look at this from a COs point of view, but it seems they are pretty moody so i am not exactly sure how they would look at my case. any thoughts?

Rodney

Timeline

had to repost i forgot to edit it. hehe

As my interview date approaches i keep wondering if i am forgetting anything and how my situation would look to a CO. i have known my fiancée for over a year and we were introduced by her aunt who i have been friends with for years. her aunt didn't try to introduce us at first. i was at her aunts house looking through photos and say vans photo and wanted to know more about her, but at the time she had a bf so i had to wait a few months then i got to talk with her and get too know her. we usually talk on the phone or chat on yahoo. i send letters occasionally and cards on special occasions. as proof i have told van to bring all chat logs, phone bills, text messages, letters , and e-mails. i have only made one trip to vn and we had our engagement ceremony during that trip. i have tried to look at this from a COs point of view, but it seems they are pretty moody so i am not exactly sure how they would look at my case. any thoughts?

Rodney

Timeline

good luck on your interview :thumbs: I think you need to make another trip to Vietnam while she is having her interview They Like to see that you are supporting her as well good luck make a trip..

TimeLine

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-09-28

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-30

NVC Received : 2007-11-05

NVC Left : 2007-11-06

Consulate Received : 2007-11-09

Packet 3 Received : 2007-11-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-11-23

Packet 4 Received : 2007-12-16

Medical Taken : 2008-01-03

Medical Passed : 2008-01-04

Interview Date : 2008-01-11

Interview Passed : 2008-01-11

Visa Issue : January 18th 2008

USA ENTRY : January 23rd 2008

POE Entry : Seattle Washington

Wedding : February 9th 2008

Social Security Card Received: February 19th 2008

Civil Surgeon I693 signed : April 14th Vaccinations Complete.

AOS: Sent on April 15th 2008 USPS Confirmed . April 17th 4:56 Am

AOS: Hard Copy Received NOA1 April 22nd all 3 arrived same day.

Biometrics : Received Appointment Letter Today April 27th = May 23rd 2008 10 am appointment

Transfered CSC June 4th

EAD: Approved June 13th 2008

EAD: Recieved Card June 18th 2008

AP: Approved June 13th 2008

AP: Received June 18th 2008

AOS:touched :Card ordered July 26th

Approval: AOS : Aug 4th

Green Card :Received : Aug 5th with Welcome Letter . 2 years Dated July 26th

Thank You USCIS

Thank You Visa Journey...........................

Timeline

that was the plan to make another trip, but unfortunately i had another manager go on maternity leave so i have no one to take my place. :( i am ready to go back to vn as soon as i can. i just co doenst hold it against me. i have about 15lbs of evidence so i hope its good enough. we have letters, e-mails, chat logs, cards, gifts, phone bills, text messages, another timeline of relatioship also. :) we mainly talk on the phone and text.

rodney

Timeline

We're one day after you. My fiancée interview is 7/23/2008.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-18

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-07

NVC Received : 2008-05-14

NVC Left : 2008-05-14

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-06-03

Packet 4 Received : 2008-06-16

Interview Date : 2008-07-23

Timeline

good luck on your interview. I wish i could be there for my fiancees. at least her mother will be there with her to support her. i feel we have a lot of evidence to support us so i hope it goes smoothly. i guess it depends on the mood of the co, but if time is a factor it has taken less than 5 months to get our interview so i am not sure if that is a good or bad sign. :)

Rodney

Timeline

Good luck on your interview. :thumbs:

If you have everything about how you meet covered for the Consulate, ie her Aunt and your relationship with her Aunt. That's always looked at very closely by the Consulate when there is a relative involved. Hopefully you explained that in your I-129f and aren't waiting for the interview for that to come up.

Have everything well organized for the interview and make sure your fiancee is relaxed and comfortable for the interview.

And of course think PINK!!

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Timeline

Thanks peter. I did explain in my in my I 129-f that i did meet her through her aunt, but my story was a little different i think. her aunt did not initiate the relationship i did. i have been friends with her aunt for many years and was over at her house looking at her wedding photos and say my fiancée , van. i said she looked very nice and i wanted to know if it was ok to meet her. i was told she had a bf so i had to wait a few months and they broke up so then i was able to e-mail her for the first time. i am not sure if how the relationship is started is the problem or what with the consulate. i do have a lot of evidence and her english is good so i think that should help. we communicate a lot of ways, letters, e-mail, yahoo, text messages, and phone( mainly text and phone calls) i even sent another time line and had it notorized. its just hard to know what raises red flags for the cos. seems to be different for everyone.

rodney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.