Asante Maroon

Netiquette

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey VJers,

I thought this site would be useful in helping us understand how to respect each other and not offend one another on the net.

It is very easy for our words to be taken the wrong way when it is in the written form. If we were all sitting face to face having many of these dicussions, misunderstandings would be more limited.

My hope is that we don't stray away from providing a place of support on VJ. We are all in this together guys.

Try to enjoy your weekend!

Here is the website:

http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html

p.s. You might have to cut and paste the link.

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

thanks for the inspiration

12/14/07----SENT I-130 TO USCIS

12/18/07----I-130 RECEIVED

03/03/08 ---I-130 APPROVED AND SENT TO NVC

03/18/08----NVC RECEIVED PACKAGE AND CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

04/19/08----Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

04/23/08----SENT I-864 FEE THRU REGULAR MAIL TO NVC (SNAIL MAIL)

04/30/08----DS3032 APPROVED EMAIL REPLIED

05/01/08----NVC RECEIVED AOS FEES

05/06/08----SENT OUT I-864 THRU JAME'S SHORTCUT (OVERNIT MAIL)

05/07/08----I-864 RECEIVED BY NVC SIGNED FOR

05/16/08----IV FEE BILL GENERATED

05/17/08----IV BILL PAID ONLINE (IN PROCESS)

05/20/08----IV FEE INDICATE PAID

05/28/08----received ds230 from my wife

05/29/08----sent out DS 230 to NVC express mail

05/30/08----DS230 RECEIVED BY NVC SIGNED FOR BY AUSTIN

06/02/08----DS230 ENTERED INTO NVC SYSTEM

06/06/08----CASE COMPLETED

06/19/08----INTERVIEW DATE AUGUST 22

06/20/08....CASE LEFT NVC TO LAGOS EMBASSY

06/24/08....PACKAGE DELIVERED TO EMBASSY SIGNED BY GODWIN

07/09/08....WIFE WENT FOR 1ST MEDICAL APPOINTMENT (KAMORASS HOSP.)

08/22/08....VISA APPROVED (TO PICK IT UP ON SEPT.02)

09/02/08....VISA PICKED UP BOOKED FLIGHT FOR SEPT.23 (LUFTHANSA)

09/25/08....WIFE IN US. PORT OF ENTRY ATLANTA

10/13/08....RECEIVED SSN CARD

11/05/08....GC

***I-751***

6.29.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to VSC

7.6.10 - Received NOA in mail

8.04.10 - Biometrics appointment

9.16.10- Approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Thanks for posting the link. I looked at it and I saw that the tips and rules are helpful. Sometimes we all get caught up in the online drama world and links like these can be very helpful reminders on how to address others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I'm just hoping that we can regroup and remember why we all became member on VJ... and some of us have been members for a very long time at that.

Some one new may be looking at our threads, our posts... and feel that VJ can not help them with all the drama they may see happening, and we all know that is not true.

Let's be honest....How many of us has had a smoother and/or less stressful journey because of the advise and encouragement of others on VJ?

I have!

Has anyone else out there???

OTxq.jpgAsante Maroon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
I'm just hoping that we can regroup and remember why we all became member on VJ... and some of us have been members for a very long time at that.

Some one new may be looking at our threads, our posts... and feel that VJ can not help them with all the drama they may see happening, and we all know that is not true.

Let's be honest....How many of us has had a smoother and/or less stressful journey because of the advise and encouragement of others on VJ?

I have!

I have met the most wonderful people on VJ. I have made some lasting relationships here. Alot of time I just read, and not post because it gets SOO NEG! But overall I can count VJ as a good place to meet, greet and get alot of understanding.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have!

I know I have :star:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have to say something, I have been holding this in for a while now and I just need to let it out. I myself have been a victim here on VJ. God forbid you have a problem with your SO, and you make the mistake of reaching out to the people on VJ, you will not get lifted up and supported. You will further get pushed down by people telling you how your husband is scamming you. (or they think your husband is scamming you)

I at one point was having trouble and I made the mistake of posting a thread about it, feel free to go find my thread and see what people who dont even know me had to say about my realtionship. (search for goodbye threads) It only upset me more. As a result I have also made the decision to limit myself to VJ.

All relationships have problems. People here on VJ like to assume that if your relationship is having problems then it must be because that your SO is a scammer and you the stupid American did not take the time to get to know the person.

Many people here on VJ really hurt me with their assumptions about my relationship and said some nasty things, to the point where I asked for the thread to be locked.

I lost a lot of respect for people during that time, respect that I dont know will ever be restored. I now utilise the ignore feature and it helps a lot.

I am not saying that I am innocent and have never had harsh words for someone here, not at all. I take responsibity for my actions. I dont see how anything I ever posted would lead people to say the nasty things that they said to\about myself and my husband.

VJ can be a helpfull place but more often than not, people on here can be extremely judgemental about people life situations that they know NOTHING about.

I want to make it clear that I am not singling out any one person, there was plenty of judgemental nastiness to go around.

I have been on VJ for awhile, and while it is sad to say, I dont think that this issue is ever going to go away.

(L) P

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I have to say something, I have been holding this in for a while now and I just need to let it out. I myself have been a victim here on VJ. God forbid you have a problem with your SO, and you make the mistake of reaching out to the people on VJ, you will not get lifted up and supported. You will further get pushed down by people telling you how your husband is scamming you. (or they think your husband is scamming you)

I at one point was having trouble and I made the mistake of posting a thread about it, feel free to go find my thread and see what people who dont even know me had to say about my realtionship. (search for goodbye threads) It only upset me more. As a result I have also made the decision to limit myself to VJ.

All relationships have problems. People here on VJ like to assume that if your relationship is having problems then it must be because that your SO is a scammer and you the stupid American did not take the time to get to know the person.

Many people here on VJ really hurt me with their assumptions about my relationship and said some nasty things, to the point where I asked for the thread to be locked.

I lost a lot of respect for people during that time, respect that I dont know will ever be restored. I now utilise the ignore feature and it helps a lot.

I am not saying that I am innocent and have never had harsh words for someone here, not at all. I take responsibity for my actions. I dont see how anything I ever posted would lead people to say the nasty things that they said to\about myself and my husband.

VJ can be a helpfull place but more often than not, people on here can be extremely judgemental about people life situations that they know NOTHING about.

I want to make it clear that I am not singling out any one person, there was plenty of judgemental nastiness to go around.

I have been on VJ for awhile, and while it is sad to say, I dont think that this issue is ever going to go away.

(L) P

:((F) im sorry that happened to u i sure hope it was not me on one of my many off days of late

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

(L) P

:((F) im sorry that happened to u i sure hope it was not me on one of my many off days of late

No it was not you

(L) P

Filed: Other Timeline

(L) P

Hey girl, sorry to hear about your "naysayers" but opinions and arseholes go together.

I, personally, dont give a phuq about others opinions, usually the negativity that they spew has more to do with them than the person/situation they are referring to.

My grannie has always told me that "people will use you/your situation as a catalyst for stirring their bullsh!t." I have found that to be true. So to shield your self from the backwash, adopt the motto of "hell a way with them/their opinions" and your sun will still shine.

Peace, love and hairgrease y'all... :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

UNO (F)

I am all that the Potter created me to be.

I celebrate, liberate and dedicate my life to His Glory.

I Am Uno!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.