brynah

NEED HELP WITH AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi there.

I am filling out the affidavit of support and need some help.

1. Do I (the Australian citizen in this relationship) need to fill out the I-134?

Also, a quick sum-up of our situation, so as to answer this next quesiton. My fiance and I have been together five years. Of these, he has worked approximately 2 in the USA. The others have been outside the USA. Therefore, his tax statements, savings, etc are pretty dismal and would not qualify for supporting me, especially as at the moment he is in Australia with me, so he has had no income history in America for a long time. This is why his mother is going to sponsor us. Here's my question..

2. She makes approximately 60,000 a year, I'd say. She is separated from her husband (his father) and they live separately but have never divorced and I think still file taxes together. Does this mean that her household size has to include HERSELF, HER HUSBAND, MY FIANCE and ME?! And if so, will she qualify? Or should her and her husband both sponsor me (is that possible). Or does his (the husbands) income count towards his own support, and therefore, she doesn't support him?

If that's confusing, I can clarify, jsut let me know.

Thanks!

Timeline
Hi there.

1. Do I (the Australian citizen in this relationship) need to fill out the I-134?

Also, a quick sum-up of our situation, so as to answer this next quesiton. My fiance and I have been together five years. Of these, he has worked approximately 2 in the USA. The others have been outside the USA. Therefore, his tax statements, savings, etc are pretty dismal and would not qualify for supporting me, especially as at the moment he is in Australia with me, so he has had no income history in America for a long time. This is why his mother is going to sponsor us. Here's my question..

2. She makes approximately 60,000 a year, I'd say. She is separated from her husband (his father) and they live separately but have never divorced and I think still file taxes together. Does this mean that her household size has to include HERSELF, HER HUSBAND, MY FIANCE and ME?! And if so, will she qualify? Or should her and her husband both sponsor me (is that possible). Or does his (the husbands) income count towards his own support, and therefore, she doesn't support him?

Thanks!

ALSO, what do I need to hand in as evidence of any of this? Or is the form enough? I don't really understand.

Filed: Timeline
Hi there.

Thanks!

First, I recommend reading the guides. Your questions will be answered there.

1) No you don't fill out an affidavit of support. you dont need any financial information for the K-1. Do not fill one out.

2) Yes she qualifies. 60,000 is well over what the qualifications are for supporting a household of four.

Once again, you don't hand in anything. Your USC fiance does all this work. You don't need any information about this, you don't fill out any forms about this, you do nothing for this step.

Good luck.

Please read the guides

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

just to add.. it doesn't matter if they file their taxes together. I still filed with my ex husband this year. ;) What matters is her income alone and how many people she supports on that income + you, the beneficiary.

What is needed is specific to each consulate so do check with others that have gone through AUS (aussie thread in the regional forum) and as littleasianman suggested.. read the guides as they will be a great resource for this and many other things. ;)

timeline.jpg

Timeline

Just to clarify then, does HE (my fiance) need to hand anything in to support his I-134? I have read the guides and so has he but we are really confused.. I've seen people mention tax transcripts and other things.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.