mohamed N melinda

insulting religion

104 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
I have noticed that it is like a fashion in America to bash on Islam. Me being the only muslim in my family I recieve a lot of problems from my Christian family members. I don't take it personally. In fact I feel sorry for them that they chose to remain ignorant and not at least broaden their horizens to understand other faiths and beliefs. This isn't just Islam, but any religion. It never hurts to be open minded and except others regardless of their beliefs.

As for the people that trash on Christianity on VJ. It may not be against the rules, but that doesn't mean people don't get offended or not say anything about it.

People in America trash every religion. Did you ever see the billboard of Jesus drinking the beer of his choice? Had that happened in Islam all hell would have broke loose. Christians have been bashed on forever but I guess most have a thicker skin to it now. Bashing on Islam is a fairly recent thing.

I was a Christian for the first 26 years of my life. I don't need you to tell me what it is like, thanks anyway.

Well then don't single out Islam as if its the only religion that is trashed in America.

Where did I say it is the only one? I just said it has become popular.

Married: May 28th, 2007

Arrived in the US: December 10th, 2008

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have noticed that it is like a fashion in America to bash on Islam. Me being the only muslim in my family I recieve a lot of problems from my Christian family members. I don't take it personally. In fact I feel sorry for them that they chose to remain ignorant and not at least broaden their horizens to understand other faiths and beliefs. This isn't just Islam, but any religion. It never hurts to be open minded and except others regardless of their beliefs.

As for the people that trash on Christianity on VJ. It may not be against the rules, but that doesn't mean people don't get offended or not say anything about it.

People in America trash every religion. Did you ever see the billboard of Jesus drinking the beer of his choice? Had that happened in Islam all hell would have broke loose. Christians have been bashed on forever but I guess most have a thicker skin to it now. Bashing on Islam is a fairly recent thing.

I was a Christian for the first 26 years of my life. I don't need you to tell me what it is like, thanks anyway.

Well then don't single out Islam as if its the only religion that is trashed in America.

Which makes it no different than any other religion. And your post only talked about Islam being bashed when in fact, as you know, it's all relgions.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline

Which makes it no different than any other religion. And your post only talked about Islam being bashed when in fact, as you know, it's all relgions.

Re-read what I said. Here is one part I said that should help you "This isn't just Islam, but any religion. It never hurts to be open minded and except others regardless of their beliefs."

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Well, if someone does not like a thread because it is not his or her taste, just dont click on the thread. There are countless other threads on VJ to click on if you are into another thing.

I should eat my own words. This thread is putting me to sleep:) And habibi is on his way to ramallah for his dr checkup and I want to be awake to talk him through it. So maybe I better not click on this thread anymore or drink tons of coffee:)

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Hey JP, does this count as Overtime? :lol: Where are the donuts? I'll have one please........ :ot2:

I'm still waiting for mine.

Well, if someone does not like a thread because it is not his or her taste, just dont click on the thread. There are countless other threads on VJ to click on if you are into another thing.

I should eat my own words. This thread is putting me to sleep:) And habibi is on his way to ramallah for his dr checkup and I want to be awake to talk him through it. So maybe I better not click on this thread anymore or drink tons of coffee:)

Then maybe that same logic should apply to links. :star:

Re-read what I said. Here is one part I said that should help you "This isn't just Islam, but any religion. It never hurts to be open minded and except others regardless of their beliefs."

I apologize..I didn't see that part of your post. However you don't need to be so darn snippy!

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Timeline
Hey JP, does this count as Overtime? :lol: Where are the donuts? I'll have one please........ :ot2:

I'm still waiting for mine.

Then maybe that same logic should apply to links. :star:

I apologize..I didn't see that part of your post. However you don't need to be so darn snippy!

Then I apologize too for being snippy.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Links are definitely optional for clicking. Click at your own risk. This message is a public service announcement and in no way means the author approves of said links. No animals were harmed in the typing of this message. :star:

BJsTm6.png

*No conflict when the flute is playing, for then I see every movement emanates from God's Holy Dance* ~ Hafiz

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

well, true. Do you know though if you spread a link it makes it have publicity? (not just by posting a link but by spreading it by word of mouth such as even making a thread about it). It makes other people curious and click on it. Thats why I think just ignore things like that. If you choose to click, fine. If not, fine. If you choose to believe it, it's your choice whether I agree with it or not. And if you dn't like it, the glorious programmers that be <insert browser---would not want to discriminate any internet browsers here>>:) invented a back button:)

June 14, 2007 Sent I130 to Vermont Service Center via USPS overnight

June 15, 2007 Confirmed on usps.com that VSC has received packet

June 29, 2007 Check cashed by USCIS (hey they opened my packet!)

June 30, 2007 Received NOA1

July 7, 2007 I130 touched

July 9, 2007 I130 touched

July 10, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 24, 2007 I130 touched

Aug. 26, 2007 I130 touched (stop feeling up my husband's case and get him over here, yala!)

Oct. 1, 2007 On my way to Palestine

Oct. 5, 2007 I130 approved, transferrerd to NVC YAY!!!!

Oct. 16, 2007 Return to US, ranks one of the saddest day of my life:(

Oct. 27, 2007 Agent form/AOS bill received from NVC

Nov 1, 2007 Overnighted AOS payment to NVC

Nov. 29, 2007 Received AOS form from NVC

Dec. 20, 2007 overnighted I864 packet to NVC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I was speaking about threads in this forum. I'm used to the sparks now and I pretty much don't talk about religion here but hubby is tired and went to bed early tonight (west coast) and I'm trying out the new laptop and wireless we got. :star: Plus I'm hormonal. :innocent:

OMG, go away for one minute and come back and the thread has exploded. Too many things to comment on, so I am picking a neutral. Congrat on the wireless! and the new laptop!

I'd like to point out that I don't know that most of the Christians on this subforum (most, not all) would really "do" a Christian thread as it would involve a lot of private kind of talk I would imagine.

Did I ever tell you Ammar told me that a few months ago the Christian family in his village finally moved out? He said he felt sad for them. He didn't think anything was happening to them, but he said he thought they felt extremely isolated. He said there used to be like 3 families totalling around 100 people each... then there were about 500 of his family... then his family population exploded to about 3k and 2 of the other families dwindled out through moving and dying... then there was just one family with about 50 people or so. He isn't sure, but thinks they went to Irbed.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Links are definitely optional for clicking. Click at your own risk. This message is a public service announcement and in no way means the author approves of said links. No animals were harmed in the typing of this message. :star:

:lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

100% agreed ! :thumbs:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

well, true. Do you know though if you spread a link it makes it have publicity? (not just by posting a link but by spreading it by word of mouth such as even making a thread about it). It makes other people curious and click on it. Thats why I think just ignore things like that. If you choose to click, fine. If not, fine. If you choose to believe it, it's your choice whether I agree with it or not. And if you dn't like it, the glorious programmers that be <insert browser---would not want to discriminate any internet browsers here>>:) invented a back button:)

That same logic also applies for what is posted on this site. At the end of the day, its a personal chocie for people to post and others click at their own risk.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.