Thai

What The Hell Is Wrong With The Consulate in HCM ct

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

My wife is a permanent resident of the US, I am a USC .

My wife gave birth to my daughter last month.

When my wife brought my kid to the consulate to report a Birth Abroad, the consulate asked for my daughter BIRTH CERTIFICATE *Khai Sinh* the paper from the hospital where my wife had labor is invalid.

My wife went back home and go to the local government office to get a Birth Certificate for my daughter, the local police department told my wife that our marriage license is INVALID , she must take it to the Vietnam Consulate in San Francisco to have it notarized . ####### ???

What should I do now ? I'm flying to Vietnam next wêek for this mess .

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent : 2007-02-16

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-02-23

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-03-07

NVC Received : 2007-03-15

NVC Left : 2007-03-28

Consulate Received : 2007-03-30

Packet 3 Received : 2007-03-31

Packet 3 Sent : 2007-04-01

Packet 4 Received : 2007-06-27

Interview Date : 2007-07-20

Visa Received : 2007-07-27

US Entry : 2007-08-13

Marriage : 2007-10-18

AOS sent- Jan 16 2008

Advance Parole arrived : March 25th 2008

EAD card arrived March 21st 2008

waiting for her green card . Case has been transferred to Cali Service Center.

Timeline

and the marriage license was obtained in the US. The original and the papers from the court sent to us after we register.

So the Vietnamese does not recognize a US marriage license . Nice . finger009.gif

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

AOS sent- Jan 16 2008

Timeline

Here's the email for the Vietnamese Consulate in SF. Try emailing them. t took this guy 4 months to respond to a visa question, but he said he had been doing research in another Country. He responded to another question within 15 minutes. I wish I had more advice. One of these days there may actually be Congressional hearings about the US Consulate in HCMC.

info@vietnamconsulate-sf.org

and the marriage license was obtained in the US. The original and the papers from the court sent to us after we register.

So the Vietnamese does not recognize a US marriage license . Nice . finger009.gif

#######?? They are probably looking for "Coffee and Eat" money.

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

Timeline
Here's the email for the Vietnamese Consulate in SF. Try emailing them. t took this guy 4 months to respond to a visa question, but he said he had been doing research in another Country. He responded to another question within 15 minutes. I wish I had more advice. One of these days there may actually be Congressional hearings about the US Consulate in HCMC.

info@vietnamconsulate-sf.org

#######?? They are probably looking for "Coffee and Eat" money.

I would also try sending my Father In Law in if it were me. Maybe they will tell him what they really want. I would say $10 to $20 is probably the answer.

Timeline

hmmm, I don't know. but they asked my wife to go back to San Francisco to have the marriage license notarized .

I was like ####### ? so if an American happens to have labor in Vietnam, she must fly back to the US to have her marriage license notarized by the Vietnamese consulate and bring it back to Vietnam, then they can continue with the process so they can take their kid out of Vietnam .

This is the most stupid thing that I've ever heard of .

K-1 Visa

Event Date

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

AOS sent- Jan 16 2008

Timeline
hmmm, I don't know. but they asked my wife to go back to San Francisco to have the marriage license notarized .

I was like ####### ? so if an American happens to have labor in Vietnam, she must fly back to the US to have her marriage license notarized by the Vietnamese consulate and bring it back to Vietnam, then they can continue with the process so they can take their kid out of Vietnam .

It may be true. They define ####### when it comes to paperwork.

Edited by WideAwakeInTheUSA

My wife is a permanent resident of the US, I am a USC .

My wife gave birth to my daughter last month.

When my wife brought my kid to the consulate to report a Birth Abroad, the consulate asked for my daughter BIRTH CERTIFICATE *Khai Sinh* the paper from the hospital where my wife had labor is invalid.

My wife went back home and go to the local government office to get a Birth Certificate for my daughter, the local police department told my wife that our marriage license is INVALID , she must take it to the Vietnam Consulate in San Francisco to have it notarized . ####### ???

What should I do now ? I'm flying to Vietnam next wêek for this mess .

Thai, correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Your wife gave birth to your daughter in Vietnam?

2. Your wife brought your kid to US Consulate in Vietnam to report a Birth Aboard?

If it's true, then you need to do this. Make sure ask before you do it.

Every papers from US must send to Vietnam Embassy or Consulate to confirm/verify it. In your case, here is what I will do.

A. If your wife in Vietnam,

1. Take the Marriage license to US Consulate to notarize that marriage license is real "I know it werid, but get no choice"

2. Then ask your wife take to "So Tu Phap TP.HCM" Address: "141-143 Pasteur, Phuong 6, Quan 3" to confirm/verify US Consulate's signature, and translate to Vietnamese

3. Then take it to local government office. I'm sure there is no reason to denied it. "and also give them some money, that's how it works in Vietnam"

If US Consulate ask, just explain to them that how it works in Vietnam. Step by step, your wife and kid will get out Vietnam soon.

Good luck to you Thai.

Haonie

Second K1: I-129F Timeline

--------------------

Sept 15, 2007: I-129F sent to VSC

Sept 24, 2007: NOA1 hard copy received

Jan 25, 2008: Approved

Feb 01, 2008: NOA2 hard copy received

April 24, 20008: Interviewed

May 06, 2008: Received Visa

May 11, 2008: Entry to US "Chicago"

May 15, 2008: Registered Marriage's license

Sept 19, 2008: Received Green Card w/o interview

=========================

***Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence

June 19,2010 - I751 Package sent to VSC

June 28,2010 - Received NOA1

July 07, 2010 - Biometrics appt

August 09, 2010 - Approved w/o Interview

August 19, 2010 - 10 Year Green Card Received

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feb 2012 - Received U.S Citizenship

Hope this will help >> http://hochiminh.usconsulate.gov/report_of_birth_abroad.html

It is from website under USC services section of US consulate in HCMC on how to apply for report of birth abroad of a USC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.