Nutty

I am back!!!!!!!

28 posts in this topic

Don't put metal in the microwave! NO! Not even a little piece! :lol:

LOL I was just going to say the same thing!!!! We learned THAT one the hard way...

Inlovingmemory-2.gif

October 13, 2005: VISA IN HAND!!!

November 15, 2005 - Arrival at JFK!!!

January 28, 2006 - WEDDING!!!

February 27, 2006 - Sent in AOS

June 23, 2006 - AP approved

June 29, 2006 - EAD approved

June 29, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

October 2006 - 2 year green card received!

July 15, 2008 - Sent in I-751

July 22, 2008 - I-751 NOA

Welcome back! good to see u are doing well. Patience, patience, patience. U can do it! Take a break now and again to update us. U are going to need to come up for air SOMETIME lol :devil:

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Hey girl,

I had been waiting for this update for a while, you have been depriving me! grr:)

Hey Abbas is gonna love it here - as soon as he figures out how the wierd ####### works...I still don't know how to use a dishwasher.

Toldya he wouldn't notice the weight. See thats whats good about men, when you don't want them to not notice somthing its, good cause they won't. But then you LOSE like 5 lbs and color ur hair and look nice and they don't notice either...thats when it gets ugly! lol

I really wish you guys have some days of relax time before the job hunt and the rat race begins. As we all know, just as misery, bliss does not last forever either. So take him to all the places you have been dreaming about since december 2006 and enjoy the summer!

Tina, thanks for askin me about my days while you were in your hectic state, that is highly appreciated by me. Now enjoy Abbas and share the love.

Tammy

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi Tammy!

LOL! I agree with everything you said! He has never seen a dishwasher before and so was completely fascinated when he saw my mom's. He's struggling with the various types of on/off switches on lamps and appliances. :lol:

I gave him a list of things to bring. I told him to bring his art/painting supplies so he can paint while he is not working now (waiting for the social security card to come in the mail). Art supplies are much cheaper from Iran than here. But he didn't and now wishes he did because that stuff is so expensive here.

He also did not bring a tooth brush or underwear. So on day 1 we were already having to go do some shopping.

Strangely, he brought a lot of towels. I asked him, "do you think I do not have towels for you?" Lots of towels, but no underwear. :blink::bonk:

The first days Abbas was here were not hectic since I wanted to be super flexible based on his energy levels (jetlag recovery). But now it is getting busy as he is contacting an Iranian relative (who will introduce Abbas to the extended Iranian/middle eastern community). This means we will have to start making social visits and outings a lot more than this past week.

The one thing we are a little nervous about is my living situation. The apartment building I live in has been bought by real estate speculators and it is be renovated. I pay 750.00 for a 1 bedroom on a month to month basis. As the new owners renovate apartments they are re-renting them at 935.00 per month (which is 60% of my net take home pay). I don't want the new owners to know Abbas is living there for the first month since it may give the new manager a reason to up the rent or just plain evict us in order to renovate our apartment and re-rent it. So we are intentially trying to keep Abbas "low profile" as much as a possible until he gets work.

So this makes a our living situation a little tense.

Thanks again Tammy for your good humour and good advice.

Nutty :wacko:

Hey girl,

I had been waiting for this update for a while, you have been depriving me! grr:)

Hey Abbas is gonna love it here - as soon as he figures out how the wierd ####### works...I still don't know how to use a dishwasher.

Toldya he wouldn't notice the weight. See thats whats good about men, when you don't want them to not notice somthing its, good cause they won't. But then you LOSE like 5 lbs and color ur hair and look nice and they don't notice either...thats when it gets ugly! lol

I really wish you guys have some days of relax time before the job hunt and the rat race begins. As we all know, just as misery, bliss does not last forever either. So take him to all the places you have been dreaming about since december 2006 and enjoy the summer!

Tina, thanks for askin me about my days while you were in your hectic state, that is highly appreciated by me. Now enjoy Abbas and share the love.

Tammy

He also did not bring a tooth brush or underwear. So on day 1 we were already having to go do some shopping.

Strangely, he brought a lot of towels. I asked him, "do you think I do not have towels for you?" Lots of towels, but no underwear. :blink::bonk:

:lol: Idir brought his towel but not a toothbrush. But i learned that from his experience, everyone is responsible for their own towel. He laughed when he saw my linen closet.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.