lovin_famo

God help us!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Zainab is one of the kindest people here in this forum and would never insinuate that you are not his only woman. This assumption

is just plain wrong.

She simply made an observation about Amy's husband having the same name and wondered where she is.

You come to this forum as a new comer with guns blazing, tone it down a bit and get to know who you are talking about first before you get your feathers ruffled.

Your post also reflects that you have no background knowledge of a 'recent ' issue' discussed here. Do some research to enlighten yourself with who has a bashing history and who doesn't and calm down a bit.

Peace and welcome to the forum.

Calm I am, yes I am a newcomer, but in reading the threads most of the derogatory comments made, came from "You". instead of being an adult and just leaving well enough alone, you chose to continue with your remarks, which makes you an instigator, one who feeds into disaccord. I dont wish to battle with you, it is not in my character, but dont make assuptions about the newcomer, who started a post with positive thoughts, dont make this a negative experience.

And I will say again, i was not amused with the comment, does that mean that i now have a vendetta against "Zasinab", no, because i feel I can possibly learn things from everyone on the site.

One more thing, negativity does not enlighten me, not at all.

Have a great day, I know I will , once I will once I get these unruly feathers under control!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
I don't think Zainab meant any harm by that.

No, I dont think she meant any harm, but sometimes people like to make snide remarks at the expense of others, but given the reason for my initial post, ( possible scamming), i just dont find humor in the remark. We are all taking a chance when going through this process, my fiance may be a scammer, or whatever, i just pray for the best not only for myself, but for others as well. another person's pain should never be openly dissected and jabbed with comments made by those who just dont give a damn.

i would never wish that type of betrayal on anyone. So, no harm done. Congrats on your journey!

Wait a minute. I wasn't trying to "insuate" anything and I wasn't being snide either. I meant just what I posted. You and Amy have husbands with the same name. Zee and I have the same name (she just spells it wrong). It's just one of those things (especially in Africa) where people have the same/similar names. It's kind of like a connection. I'm sorry you were feeling attacked, but be assured it wasn't from anything I was sending your way. I hope that you can relax a little more because this journey is a hard, long one and paranoia can set in easily.

And FYI, Amy's husband came home and is with her down in GA. You're relatively new to posting here and maybe didn't know that.

Most people on this forum aren't being nasty. We try to make people feel welcome and we try to be helpful. I'm not happy that you took my words and went off on your own self created tangent with it, but if you don't like me posting to your threads, I will refrain. Good Luck on your journey!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
I don't think Zainab meant any harm by that.

No, I dont think she meant any harm, but sometimes people like to make snide remarks at the expense of others, but given the reason for my initial post, ( possible scamming), i just dont find humor in the remark. We are all taking a chance when going through this process, my fiance may be a scammer, or whatever, i just pray for the best not only for myself, but for others as well. another person's pain should never be openly dissected and jabbed with comments made by those who just dont give a damn.

i would never wish that type of betrayal on anyone. So, no harm done. Congrats on your journey!

Wait a minute. I wasn't trying to "insuate" anything and I wasn't being snide either. I meant just what I posted. You and Amy have husbands with the same name. Zee and I have the same name (she just spells it wrong). It's just one of those things (especially in Africa) where people have the same/similar names. It's kind of like a connection. I'm sorry you were feeling attacked, but be assured it wasn't from anything I was sending your way. I hope that you can relax a little more because this journey is a hard, long one and paranoia can set in easily.

And FYI, Amy's husband came home and is with her down in GA. You're relatively new to posting here and maybe didn't know that.

Most people on this forum aren't being nasty. We try to make people feel welcome and we try to be helpful. I'm not happy that you took my words and went off on your own self created tangent with it, but if you don't like me posting to your threads, I will refrain. Good Luck on your journey!

Thank you, Zainab, no paranoia, just keeping it real; am i allowed to do that?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

:bonk:

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
How do you spell yours, Zee? I always wondered if your name was Zainab.

I spell it the CORRECT way...Zeinab :D

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline
How do you spell yours, Zee? I always wondered if your name was Zainab.

I spell it the CORRECT way...Zeinab :D

:unsure: HAHA! I refuse to choose sides on who is right or wrong. Both of them look pretty. *slowly backing out of the thread*

Hi! Everyone just showing up I saw you were talking about me and wanted you to know I am still here just lurking around!

I know Zainab didn't mean any harm she just saw a connection between lovin_famo and I that our husband's have the same name.

Sometimes small things like that connect people like the same city or state or their husband being from the same tribe.

Welcome to VJ lovin_famo!

And just know we are here to support each other and Zainab was just saying something to help you familiarize with different couples here.

Take Care and God BLess!

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Hey Ara, you need to pop in more often! Where have you been?

P.S. I love your picture on FB. The dress is beautiful!

Edited by LovinLiberia

Timeline
Hello to everyone,

First let me start off by saying, Godspeed to all of us newbies, and to those of you whose journey is near completion, best of luck with your new spouses.

Now i just finished reading threads related to IDOCARE and her "relentlessness", according to others. all I can say is I was very disturbed with the bashing name -calling and so forth. my father taught me one valuable lesson in life, and that was, " if i tell you something once, it is up to you to decide whether or not you will follow my advice. You see, he feels that the only way to teach a child is to let that child "hit the brick wall". Now, i know most will understand what I mean.

On the other hand he also feels that his advice is the only "right advice". When I informed them(parents) of my decision to pursue this relationship, of course they voiced their concerns, but i think they realized that they have reared a strong, independent, focused woman, one who never does things without much thought and prayer.

I say all of this to say, none of us know what God has in store for us, we just have to be prayer-filled vessels, receptive to His word. Ola tells me all the time, "God, sees my heart", and i in turn reply, "Yes, he does, so if you intend on screwing me around, he will exact due justice". Yes, we have disagreements, all the time, because i am the type that asks questions, over and over again, until i am satisfied. He is learning to appreciate that in me.

We are not a perfect race. In the words of one my favorites, "That which does not kill me, can only make me stronger".

I dont pray for failure, I pray for God's blessings to be abundant in my life, and it is my belief that Ola is one of them.

i wont go into details to validate our relationship, because that is between God, Ola, and Dana.

Instead of trying to analyze others and their experience, maybe we should just listen to each other, there is nothing wrong with venting. we all have a choice, no one forces us to read threads, if you dont like it, skip it!

Peace to all, and have a blessed evening!

P.S. Dont forget to say your prayers!

"Mrs. Famodun"

w

I CONCUR!!!!!! VERY WELL SAID....I MAY BE A NEWBIE BUT ONE THING I DONT HAVE TIME FOR IS TO GO BACK AND FORTH WITH SOMEONE OVER THE INTERNET...WASTE OF TIME..HAVE TOO MANY IMPORTANT THINGS TO DO IN MY DAILY LIFE THAN TO HUMOR SOMEONE'S IGNORANCE!!! WE ARE ALL ADULTS AND ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS WE DONT HAVE TO AGREE WITH IT JUST AGREE TO DISAGREE RESPECTFULLY ;)

the future Mrs. Ijeomah

5360319_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Mr. Ijeomah

5633116_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hello to everyone,

First let me start off by saying, Godspeed to all of us newbies, and to those of you whose journey is near completion, best of luck with your new spouses.

Now i just finished reading threads related to IDOCARE and her "relentlessness", according to others. all I can say is I was very disturbed with the bashing name -calling and so forth. my father taught me one valuable lesson in life, and that was, " if i tell you something once, it is up to you to decide whether or not you will follow my advice. You see, he feels that the only way to teach a child is to let that child "hit the brick wall". Now, i know most will understand what I mean.

On the other hand he also feels that his advice is the only "right advice". When I informed them(parents) of my decision to pursue this relationship, of course they voiced their concerns, but i think they realized that they have reared a strong, independent, focused woman, one who never does things without much thought and prayer.

I say all of this to say, none of us know what God has in store for us, we just have to be prayer-filled vessels, receptive to His word. Ola tells me all the time, "God, sees my heart", and i in turn reply, "Yes, he does, so if you intend on screwing me around, he will exact due justice". Yes, we have disagreements, all the time, because i am the type that asks questions, over and over again, until i am satisfied. He is learning to appreciate that in me.

We are not a perfect race. In the words of one my favorites, "That which does not kill me, can only make me stronger".

I dont pray for failure, I pray for God's blessings to be abundant in my life, and it is my belief that Ola is one of them.

i wont go into details to validate our relationship, because that is between God, Ola, and Dana.

Instead of trying to analyze others and their experience, maybe we should just listen to each other, there is nothing wrong with venting. we all have a choice, no one forces us to read threads, if you dont like it, skip it!

Peace to all, and have a blessed evening!

P.S. Dont forget to say your prayers!

"Mrs. Famodun"

:thumbs: :thumbs: Thank you, very well said. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Zainab is one of the kindest people here in this forum and would never insinuate that you are not his only woman. This assumption

is just plain wrong.

She simply made an observation about Amy's husband having the same name and wondered where she is.

You come to this forum as a new comer with guns blazing, tone it down a bit and get to know who you are talking about first before you get your feathers ruffled.

Your post also reflects that you have no background knowledge of a 'recent ' issue' discussed here. Do some research to enlighten yourself with who has a bashing history and who doesn't and calm down a bit.

Peace and welcome to the forum.

Calm I am, yes I am a newcomer, but in reading the threads most of the derogatory comments made, came from "You". instead of being an adult and just leaving well enough alone, you chose to continue with your remarks, which makes you an instigator, one who feeds into disaccord. I dont wish to battle with you, it is not in my character, but dont make assuptions about the newcomer, who started a post with positive thoughts, dont make this a negative experience.

And I will say again, i was not amused with the comment, does that mean that i now have a vendetta against "Zasinab", no, because i feel I can possibly learn things from everyone on the site.

One more thing, negativity does not enlighten me, not at all.

Have a great day, I know I will , once I will once I get these unruly feathers under control!

Welcome to VJ. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Hey Ara, you need to pop in more often! Where have you been?

P.S. I love your picture on FB. The dress is beautiful!

Thank you girl! I am around, I plan to do more posting!

Take Care (L)

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.