visaveteran

Break out the champagne...VISA APPROVED!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife called me at 5:11 am today with the news I've waited for many months to hear...visa approved! Given my fears about earlier hassles at the med clinic...the news was doubly sweet.

Don't have many interview details except they asked about a phone number on a form (maybe a typo?) but it was nothing major. Also asked what she planned to do in the USA. The officer made some friendly jokes and it was over. That's all I know.

The only problem was the earlier med exam at AOM. The exam was ok but when she arrived the next day to pick up her results, the doctor made her go to a university for more tests. It made for a very tough two days for my wife. Tuesday she was not done with the extra tests until late evening. All the tests were normal and the university staff wondered why the doctor made her get them. Who knows...bad lab work...random bad luck...money...or to show the embassy they were thoroughly screening people.

The main problem was time...or the lack thereof...she had to show up at 7 am today at the clinic to get the AOM doctor to give her the official paperwork for the embassy. Then she had to runoff for her 8 am embassy appt. That's cutting it very close. I'm sure she was very nervous...it's bad enough just going for the interview without all the last minute clinic drama.

The other problem was communication...her mobile phone stopped working at some point, so I kept calling to find out about the interview without success...growing ever more concerned. She had to call me from a post office to give me the great news. Needless to say, I had a tough night because I was very afraid the clinic issue might mess up her interview. I was really fearful that she might have to come back to Moscow again...the worst case scenario for sure.

But alls well that ends well.

My wife is now heading to her home and will come to the USA later in the summer. After some folks had to wait many weeks for the visa to arrive, we decided to give it plenty of time. And, of course, we'll be nervous until it arrives...always the chance of AP/AR delays. Then there's the possible POE drama ahead...seems this adventure never ends.

My motto for this visa journey has been "nothing is easy!" I think that sums it up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
:dance:Congratulations! :dance:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Congrats, and good luck on the rest of your Visa Journey. Now comes the fun!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks to those who offered kind words and congratulations. I've seen many "visa approved" posts on this and other forums for awhile and thought our time would never come...but it did! So it's great to have our brief moment of celebration.

Next stop...the POE adventure.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Break out the champagne...VISA APPROVED!, The Visa Journey is almost finished
I disagree, the journey ends at citizenship. About 4 more years for that buddy!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Правда. However, they can be together for the rest of the journey. That makes the remainder of the trip far more tolerable. :yes:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I have to disagree with that. Visas are a part of the foreign marriage process forever, even if the foreigner becomes a citizen. How about mom? How about sister/brother, etc.? And how about you when you go visit the homeland? There's always going to be something visa-related.

The JOURNEY is the difficult part because it's not something that ever stops. How about "til death do us part."? It's a constant Journey til the end. (That's why up at the top of the page Visa is one color and Journey is another!

Правда. However, they can be together for the rest of the journey. That makes the remainder of the trip far more tolerable. :yes:

Isn't that also the part that makes it more difficult? Sure the waiting and longing is hard, but trust me, it's nothing compared to putting up with that person EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE REST OF ONE OF YOUR LIVES!

But yeah, it's great too!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats! :thumbs:

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats!! :D

blackribbonsmall.png

I-130 Petition

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

Married in Germany : 10-19-2007

I-130 Sent : 01-03-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-07-2008

I-130 NOA2 : 04-28-2008

NVC Case Number Assigned : 05-02-2008

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Received from NVC: 05-17-2008

DS-3032 Choice of Agent Emailed to NVC: 05-17-2008

AOS Fee Paid Online: 05-19-2008 (PAID 05-20-2008)

AOS Sent To NVC: 05-27-2008 (Coversheet printed online)

DS-3032 accepted by NVC: 05-27-2008

I-864 Arrived at NVC: 05-28-2008

I-864 Entered into NVC System: 06-02-2008

IV Bill Received: 06-02-2008

IV Bill Paid: 06-03-2008

DS-230 sent to NVC via USPS Express Mail: 06-26-2008

DS-230 arrived at the NVC: 06-27-2008

DS-230 entered into system: 06-30-2008

Case Completed at NVC: 07-07-2008

Case Left the NVC for Frankfurt, Germany: 07-15-2008

Case Received at the Consulate: 07-17-2008

Interview Letter Received: 07-25-2008

Medical Appointment in Hamburg, Germany: 08-04-2008

Interview in Frankfurt, Germany at 8:00am: 08-13-2008 - APPROVED - VISA GRANTED

Visa Received in the Mail: 08-15-2008

Flight to the USA: 09-26-2008 (POE - LAX @ 3:40pm)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.