RyaNRiza

What did you do to prepare for your Asawa's arrival?

43 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
my husband told me that his dad is building a toilet and bathroom just for me caz my husband told my father-in-law that i spend an hour in taking a shower lol! :lol:

I put in a hand held bidet for wife and anak. THey missed using their tabo!

Best thing I ever did as I use it also. Sure beats TB!

lol! yeah i am planning to bring tabo too :D hubby said i can't use it there in the bathroom but then i said ok ill just tabo you if you mess around with me lol!

my husband told me that his dad is building a toilet and bathroom just for me caz my husband told my father-in-law that i spend an hour in taking a shower lol! :lol:

LOL pink, tagal mo palang maligo :D and how sweet your father in-law is :)

yup, matagal talaga me maligo hehe tas ung asawa ko 5-10 mins lng lol! kaya lagi ako pinauuna nya maligo pagmaylakad kami tas pagkatapos nya maligo d pa rin ako tapos magayos sa sarili ko lol! and yup my father-in-law is sweet and funny :)

Yay! te riza, lapit mo na makasama love mo :) i'm so happy for you :D:luv:

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Check out Section 7.1 of the Manila Embassy K1 Visa Guide.

I was more looking for personal accounts of the last few frantic days of preparing. I already know the stuff I want to do. I thought that as a community, people might like to share their experiences, especially the humorous ones.

Oh... :unsure:

LOL, si Sheriff talaga :rofl:

lol! yeah i am planning to bring tabo too :D hubby said i can't use it there in the bathroom but then i said ok ill just tabo you if you mess around with me lol!

Yay! te riza, lapit mo na makasama love mo :) i'm so happy for you :D:luv:

Ala bang available na tabo sa US? :huh: Kung gano'n kelangan ko palang magdala :lol:

YAY pink, oo nga :D May countdown kami everyday para mas exciting. Miss ko na baby koooooooooooooo 310.gif

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

damn it! i have to do all of this stuff before she gets here?!! :devil:

My Wife's Timeline

Naturalization (N-400)

Service Center: USCIS Dallas Lockbox

EVENT/DATE

Filing Date:

NOA Date:

Biometrics Appt Date:

Interview Date:

Approved:

Oath Ceremony Date:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ricky&Chat (K1) AOS & EAD

Service Center : California Service Center
EVENT/ DATE

Date of Flight to US: AUGUST 13, 2008 ARRIVED!(A NEW JOURNEY BEGINS...)
Date of Marriage: AUGUST 20. 2008
SSN Card Received: SEPTEMBER 25, 2008
AOS & EAD Application: OCTOBER 28, 2008
Case Transfer CSC: NOVEMBER 19, 2008
Biometrics Appointment: DECEMBER 3, 2008
Case Pending at CSC: JANUARY 2, 2009
EAD Approved: JANUARY 9, 2009
EAD Card Received: JANUARY 12, 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

lol, i can relate with this post hehehhehe.. my fiance started cleaning the house 3 months ago and just the other day he ordered a digital rice cooker online and just today he bought 22kilos of rice lol! he was asking me the size of my slippers but i said maybe i can bring or maybe will buy once im there cause dunno the size.

he's been looking where he can buy a tabo too!!! hahhahahha...

hi pink and riza, are u going to bring tabo really?? i was planning to bring but i dont want to be laughed at.. hehhehehe

09/30/08 - mailed AOS, AP and EAD thru USPS

10/02/08 - received and signed by V. Bustamante

10/06/08 - check cashed out

10/07/08 - date of NOA

10/08/08 - last touch for AP and EAD

10/28/08 - AOS transferred to CSC

11/04/08 - touched on AOS

11/05/08 - touched again on AOS

11/06/08 - touched again on AOS ( no touch on AP and EAD)

12/08/08 - EAD approved according to USCIS officer (from infopass)

12/09/08 - touched on AP and EAD

12/10/08 - AP approved dated 12/09

12/15/08 - AP on mail

01/12/09 - went to infopass - found out my EAD has been approved since DEC 8,2008

01/21/09 - biometrics appoinment

01/21/09- Card production ordered for I-765 and a touched for I-485

01/22/09 - touched on I-485

01/23/09 - touched again on i-485

01/26/09- touched again on I-485 and i-765! WOW!

01/29/09 - i-765 approval notice sent.. and EAD card received in mail

02/24/09 - AOS APPROVED!! thanks God!

02/25/09 - AOS touched again

02/27/09 - GC and welcome letter received in the mail

Timeline
She will be here this thursday, so I am underway with preparations...

1. Rice cooker and rice (secured them a few weeks ago)

2. 24 Hour Fitness Gym membership-bought 3 year prepaid for her, renews at just $29 a year after

3. Verizon Wireless Env Cell phone

4. House will be cleaned before arrival

5. bought new car, so she will have her own car.. Needs to learn how to drive first tho!

6. bought new laptop, so she will have own computer.

7. Checked into catholic churches and filipino restaurants in area (ate at one a few weeks ago... will bring her there)

8. Looking into Filipino package on Directv satellite TV. There are 8 channels on there for like $30 a month. Up to her if she wants.

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ea924d6b6b.png

FILING FOR LIFTING OF CONDITION

Timeline
hi pink and riza, are u going to bring tabo really?? i was planning to bring but i dont want to be laughed at.. hehhehehe

yup, i am serious. i don't care whatever they will think of me with that tabo hahaha :lol:

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

1. Rice cooker and stock of rice

2. Goodies from the Asian store

3. Cleaned the house

4. Filled up the tank with propane so she could swim even at winter

5. Bought new pillows and bed sheets with solid colors, per her instructions :)

6. Bought her a laptop and cellphone

7. I like Crest but she only uses Colgate so have to change , lol

8. Yes, have to buy a tabo ( I bought her a large plastic cup ) not for bathing though but for other purposes in the bathroom , lol. Don't ask. I found this fascinating . I learned a lot from her when it comes to personal hygiene. . the filipino way, lol.

9. She has a complete collection of books from Tom Clancy, John Grisham , Sidney Sheildon and Robert Ludlum which she wanted to bring but I didn't want her to deal with excess baggage so I ordered all of them at amazon and were at our mini library when she arrived. .she cried and just hugged me tight when she saw them. .

10. Bought her dozens of Nagaraya ( Garlic flavor) . .she said she can't live without them. Good the Filipino stores here have them. I like them too.

11. Painted our bedroom with the color she wanted. It was a surprise and boy the look on her face when she saw it was worth it.

12. Roses to give her at the airport but darn, I forgot them due to my excitement. She had them anyway when we reached my brother's house in CA

13. A new laptop desk and file cabinet. She said she would fix all my "disarrayed" documents into a file cabinet. They are all organized now. . just amazing. I am not worried about the house bills anymore, she takes care of everything.

14. The new dryer I bought is still unused. She said why use it when there is too much sun in Florida. So we just hang our clothes in the garage. Saves electricity and money. I'm sure she will start using it when she will be working :)

Having Myla is the best thing that has happened in my life. She is getting calls now for job interviews which unfortunately couldn't make it because she still travels with me. She wants to work soon, she said this is her longest vacation from work ever and she is excited to go back to work. Although she need not work, I want her to be happy.

Those were the things I did/bought in preparation for her arrival.

Joe

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

3. Cleaned the house

8. Yes, have to buy a tabo ( I bought her a large plastic cup ) not for bathing though but for other purposes in the bathroom , lol. Don't ask. I found this fascinating . I learned a lot from her when it comes to personal hygiene. . the filipino way, lol.

9. She has a complete collection of books from Tom Clancy, John Grisham , Sidney Sheildon and Robert Ludlum which she wanted to bring but I didn't want her to deal with excess baggage so I ordered all of them at amazon and were at our mini library when she arrived. .she cried and just hugged me tight when she saw them. .

10. Bought her dozens of Nagaraya ( Garlic flavor) . .she said she can't live without them. Good the Filipino stores here have them. I like them too.

11. Painted our bedroom with the color she wanted. It was a surprise and boy the look on her face when she saw it was worth it.

12. Roses to give her at the airport but darn, I forgot them due to my excitement. She had them anyway when we reached my brother's house in CA

13. A new laptop desk and file cabinet. She said she would fix all my "disarrayed" documents into a file cabinet. They are all organized now. . just amazing. I am not worried about the house bills anymore, she takes care of everything.

14. The new dryer I bought is still unused. She said why use it when there is too much sun in Florida. So we just hang our clothes in the garage. Saves electricity and money. I'm sure she will start using it when she will be working :)

Having Myla is the best thing that has happened in my life. She is getting calls now for job interviews which unfortunately couldn't make it because she still travels with me. She wants to work soon, she said this is her longest vacation from work ever and she is excited to go back to work. Although she need not work, I want her to be happy.

Joe

really..action speaks louder than words...

:wow:

K1 visa
12.20.07 : NOA1
05.01.08 : NOA2
05.27.08 : MNL case number was received in the US
07.01.08 : interview
07.21.08 : visa on hand!!!
08.25.08 : POE:LAX
09.10.08 : applied for SSN
09.13.08 : just married!!!

11.03.08 : passed behind-the-wheel drive test

AOS
11.12.08 : Sent packet for AOS, EAD and AP
11.17.08 : Packet received at Chicago, IL (day 1)
11.24.08 : Check encashed (day 7)
12.17.08 : Biometrics! (day 30)
01.13.09 : AP and EAD approved (day 57)
01.20.09 : AP arrived in the mail (day 64)
01.22.09 : EAD card received (day 66)
04.20.09 : AOS interview
04.24.09 : Welcome letter received

3. Cleaned the house

Joe

Joe,

We got the same problem with the toothpaste.... I like Crest and she likes Colgate...LOL! We are really happy for you two.. Stay young and laugh any chance you get... :D Good Luck to you both!

Danny

I think I'm doing the same as the rest of the guys here.

#1 CLEAN

#2 rice cooker

#3 make room in closet and dresser

I always wait to the last minute! Sandra "should" be here in 1 month :wacko:

I think I'm doing the same as the rest of the guys here.

#1 CLEAN

#2 rice cooker

#3 make room in closet and dresser

I always wait to the last minute! Sandra "should" be here in 1 month :wacko:

You got it Mogdog..... Good luck to you both. That month will go by quick!!!! :thumbs:

when I arrived, we dropped by the grocery store, he made it sure i had everything i like :) at home, red heart balloons welcomed me with gifts...it was our first valentines day together :) so sweet of him...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

LOL iKHiNG, pressured ka ba? :lol:

Pag walang available na tabo sa AZ, magdadala ako :lol:

These guys were really doing great job! :thumbs:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Timeline

3. Cleaned the house

Joe

aww! jom you r so sweet :D

My son named Zac

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

AOS TIMELINE

Timeline

"Tabo"...Only in the Philippines! Can't remember exactly..I think I was asked by my fiance' what's the use of it..I said for taking a bath......heck! there got a shower hun!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: buti na lang di sinabing urinal..hahaha!

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.