Krikit

Made-Up Words

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I hope Uno finds this thread. She's awesome with making up words and it makes complete sense somehow.

She just posted the other day that her avatar was "thickaliciously fyne". And I thought Charles wrote that. Uno could write a dictionary with her words.

:lol:

I have to laugh at my husband because he makes up words every day. He now knows my look because he'll say something, look at my face, then go "That's not a word, is it?" :lol:

The best words are made up by kids. I have a "stepson" (not a real stepson.... long story.... pretty much abandoned by his parents so I became the surrogate) whose two year old was staying with me once. My father dropped by one day for something and said he was just about to take my aunt and uncle to the airport. I said "Say goodbye for me." Then he left. My grandson turned to me and said "Nanny? Your daddy's name is Formy?" :rofl:

iagree.gif

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is funny!

I created "Bably" (bab-lee) Calling Nick "baby" one day I just randomly added an l in there and now that's one of our words for one another.

;)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Does anyone have a word for the residue on the rim of ketchup bottles?

Crapchup (Or rather, Krapchup, I guess)

Sometimes just plain old "Ketchup #######".

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

This is funny!

I created "Bably" (bab-lee) Calling Nick "baby" one day I just randomly added an l in there and now that's one of our words for one another.

;)

When we came down here on our house-hunting trip (before he was relocated) we got a post office box for our mail. The guy put down "Feff" instead of "Jeff" on the form, so I've called him that ever since. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I say ginormous all of the time - a cross between enormous and gigantic.

I also say stinkledink - which I have no idea what that is - but generally refers to a man whose an a$$.

And then there's my husband's personal favorite - the mowerwhatzit - also known as the weed whacker.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ketstuck

:thumbs: Works for me!

(You shake 'n shake the ketchup bottle . . .

First none will come . . and then a lot'll!)

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I came up with breasticles one day. It's my female equivalent to the male balls. Instead of saying she's got balls it's she's got breasticles. Also means: Female strength. Often bigger than male balls. An obvious mixture of the words testicle and breast.

After I came up with that word a few years later a similar word was used in a movie I saw, "chesticles", in refering to a female in a similar way. I felt it was still too male.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Kitchky..

my made up Russian word for Kitty.. :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
not sure if I made it up but I use fantabulous on occasion.... I think I have more but I can't think of them right now....

lol.. I always referred to the TV show Dawson's Creek as Dawson's Crack...lol

I say spectabulous!

Spuzghetti is a regular in my house cause I have a six year old now.

Sketti

Pasgetti

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

I came up with breasticles one day. It's my female equivalent to the male balls. Instead of saying she's got balls it's she's got breasticles. Also means: Female strength. Often bigger than male balls. An obvious mixture of the words testicle and breast.

After I came up with that word a few years later a similar word was used in a movie I saw, "chesticles", in refering to a female in a similar way. I felt it was still too male.

I've used breasticles for years.... It's a good word.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

We use a made up word in MENA sometimes... I didn't make it up but it's a made up word "mabrookalations" it's a cross between mabrook (arabic for congrats) and congratulations..... that's what we call Arabizi LOL

My daughter was trying to explain to me about the teenage mutant ninja turtle movie she was watching today... she kept telling me that turtle was going to "mamatate" :blink: turns out he wanted to "meditate" :lol::blush:

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes just plain old "Ketchup #######".

I believe that would be redcheese.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
not sure if I made it up but I use fantabulous on occasion.... I think I have more but I can't think of them right now....

lol.. I always referred to the TV show Dawson's Creek as Dawson's Crack...lol

You mean it's not called Dawson's Crack, I've been calling it that for years. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.