visaveteran

Vaccinations for Med Exam

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My lady does not have any childhood records of her vaccinations...there was a fire that destroyed records.

My questions is should she get the vaccinations needed for immigration in her city or at the medical exam in Moscow? Which is likely to be cheaper? I think she'll be going to AO MEDITSINA for the exam.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about her getting so many shots. Anyone know the health issues getting all the vaccinations...especially if she may have already had some of them when she was young?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
My lady does not have any childhood records of her vaccinations...there was a fire that destroyed records.

My questions is should she get the vaccinations needed for immigration in her city or at the medical exam in Moscow? Which is likely to be cheaper? I think she'll be going to AO MEDITSINA for the exam.

Also, I'm a bit concerned about her getting so many shots. Anyone know the health issues getting all the vaccinations...especially if she may have already had some of them when she was young?

Hey!

She and her kids need vaccination records from their city.

I got my medical in AO Medicina, I liked it (service was real good), it took me 2 days to get my medical examination. But I know that some places can do it in one day, you should check this too!

Good luck!

Mariya

It would be a lot cheaper/easier for them to get them done there (in Russia) and then have the clinic make them a DS-3025 (vaccination form) that they could bring to the U.S. after they get their visas.

Their neighborhood doctor would probably be cheaper than the medical clinic and since it's Russia they could probably find someone to "replace" the lost records for a small fee.

Technically, they only need to have all of these done by the time they apply for AOS so as long as they're in the process of getting them, they'll be OK at the interview.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Technically, they only need to have all of these done by the time they apply for AOS so as long as they're in the process of getting them, they'll be OK at the interview.
Because he is doing a CR-1/IR-1, his AOS is complete when his wife enters the country. So he needs to get all vaccinations done before the interview.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Besides vaccinations, keep in mind general medical history. My wife had chicken pox as a girl (didn't most of us?) and she had her doctor in Novosibirsk note this and then AO Meditsina did the same. Good luck on getting some of her records replaced.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Because he is doing a CR-1/IR-1, his AOS is complete when his wife enters the country. So he needs to get all vaccinations done before the interview.

Good catch!

(Man you're going to be a good lawyer!)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Here's how I restored my vacc. records.

Aug 2003 first icebreaker ;-)

2003 - 2006 letters, letters, letters

Aug 2006 met at regatta in Greece

03/20/2007 I-129f mailed to TSC

08/06/2007 NOA-2, 118 days from the 1st notice.

10/24/2007 Interview in Moscow, visa approved

12/06/2007 Entered at JFK, got EAD stamp.

01/25/2008 Married in St. Augustine, FL

02/19/2008 AOS package mailed

09/30/2008 AOS interview - APPROVED!

10/11/2008 Green card in the mail

01/14/2009 Our little girl, Fiona Elizabeth, was born on Jan. 14, 2009 :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.