LARA-LYN

COMPLETING THE I-130 FORM

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi

On the I-130:

Does anybody know which name should be filled in for SECTION C, QUESTION 17?

I'm American and I'm petitioning for my husband and children, but because the question is under section C: INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RELATIVE, :blink: I'm confused about whether I need to put my name with the children or my husband's name, as the question is worded:

C. Information about your alien relative (my husband :star: )(continued)

17. List Husband/wife and all children of your relative (needed is name, relationship, D.O.B. and Country of birth)

Well, here is where Im confused - I'm the wife of my relative, so why don't they just ask me to put my name if that is what they need. :huh:

SOMEBODY! Please put me out of my misery so that I can get these Form filed and get the process happening.

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hi

On the I-130:

I'm American and I'm petitioning for my husband and children, but because the question is under section C: INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RELATIVE, :blink: I'm confused about whether I need to put my name with the children or my husband's name, as the question is worded:

17. List Husband/wife and all children of your relative (needed is name, relationship, D.O.B. and Country of birth)

Well, here is where Im confused - I'm the wife of my relative, so why don't they just ask me to put my name if that is what they need. :huh:

SOMEBODY! Please put me out of my misery so that I can get these Form filed and get the process happening.

Thank you

You're right. You need to put names of all the people directly related to your husband, that is, You as his wife and the children. Start with your name first and then write your children's name.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Hi

On the I-130:

Thank you

You're right. You need to put names of all the people directly related to your husband, that is, You as his wife and the children. Start with your name first and then write your children's name.

when i filled, i was told to write the name of your relatives only .. in your case.. your husband and your children.. but better check the USCIS and call the customer service and they might answer that question for you..

CR-1 Timeline

12/06/2007: I-130 petition sent to Chicago Lockbox.

01/30/2008: Received NOA 1.

04/25/2008: I-130 APPROVED.

06/04/2008: Came to know about Visa Journey.com.

07/02/2008: CASE COMPLETED.

07/14/2008: Case transferred to Mumbai.

08/27/2008: Interview - Visa Approved

09/03/2008: POE-Chicago

09/04/2008: Applied for SSN

09/11/2008: Received SSN

10/27/2008: Received "Welcome Letter"

11/04/2008: USCIS mailed the approval notice

11/06/2008: Green Card Received !!!

I-751 Timeline

07/02/2010: I-751 mailed to CSC

07/06/2010: CSC received I-751 application

07/06/2010: Check cashed

07/09/2010: CSC mailed the NOA1. Dated: 07/06/2010

07/13/2010: NOA1 Notice received

07/28/2010: Biometrics Appointment Letter received. Dated: 07/20/2010

08/17/2010: Biometrics appointment--- Done

10/07/2010: Approved- Green card production ordered

10/08/2010: Touched

10/15/2010: Green Card Received

N-400 Timeline

06/06/2011: N-400 mailed to AZ Lockbox

06/08/2011: AZ Lockbox received N-400 application

06/13/2011: Check cashed

06/13/2011: NOA1 Notice mailed & received the text

06/23/2011: Biometrics Appointment Letter Mailed

06/27/2011: Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

07/06/2011: Biometrics Appointment-Done

07/08/2011: Placed in line for Interview

08/29/2011: Interview Letter received

10/04/2011: Interview

11/15/2011: Placed in line for Oath Ceremony

06/01/2012: Oath Ceremony.. Finally...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hi

On the I-130:

Thank you

Her childred may not be his children....so I think the correct response should be his wife which is her, and any of HIS children.

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi

On the I-130:

Thank you

Her childred may not be his children....so I think the correct response should be his wife which is her, and any of HIS children.

That is correct. Remember the I-130 is not just for a spouse of USC, so in many cases the petitioner isn't the spouse and wouldn't be listed in this section. In a spouse case, the family members listed are at least the petitioner/spouse and any children of the beneficiary or couple. The petitioner's children from a previous marrriage, if any would not be listed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi

On the I-130:

Thank you

That is correct. Remember the I-130 is not just for a spouse of USC, so in many cases the petitioner isn't the spouse and wouldn't be listed in this section. In a spouse case, the family members listed are at least the petitioner/spouse and any children of the beneficiary or couple. The petitioner's children from a previous marrriage, if any would not be listed.

Oh great, I put NONE in that spot, wonder if I will get a reject??? This process will drive a person to drink. The legal way. HUM!!!!

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Hi

On the I-130:

Thank you

Oh great, I put NONE in that spot, wonder if I will get a reject??? This process will drive a person to drink. The legal way. HUM!!!!

But I did find out from VSC they have already paired up my 2 petitions in May and there is tons of proof Im his wife. So maybe not a reject?? :girlwerewolf2xn:

Truly happy!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hi

On the I-130:

Thank you

But I did find out from VSC they have already paired up my 2 petitions in May and there is tons of proof Im his wife. So maybe not a reject?? :girlwerewolf2xn:

Actually on the top section of the I-130, I answered "none" for my spouse and the same for hers. I wasn't used to being married yet. I caught it and changed it on the I-129F but it was no problem. I'm sure it happens all the time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi

On the I-130:

Thank you

Actually on the top section of the I-130, I answered "none" for my spouse and the same for hers. I wasn't used to being married yet. I caught it and changed it on the I-129F but it was no problem. I'm sure it happens all the time.

Pushbrk, thank you, coming from you, now I can breath a bit easier. Many thank you's!!

Paris

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.