junkupshoopwhat

Travel documents to include in I-129F and proof.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Arnold will be visiting me from Canada on June 30 to August 6.

We have yet to file our I-129F.

Would it be better for us to wait to file until he gets here so I can list this trip on our Declaration of meeting?

It will be his first visit here and it will be our longest time together by far. (Both of my previous trips have been five days long)

or

Can I include the receipt and email for his ticket from the airline in the evidence here if I file before his departure date?

We're hoping to get married next July, Vermont is our service center, and Montreal is our consulate if that helps at all with the wait or ASAP filing question.

(04/25/08 - 04/29/08) - The first time Ashley and Arnold meet in person! Windsor was cold :(!

(05/22/08 - 05/27/08) - Ashley's second trip to Windsor.

(05/24/08) - Arnold proposes to Ashley at the Riverwalk, how romantic! Ashley's 19th birthday.

+(06/06/08) - I-129F sent to Vermont

(06/09/08) - Arnold's 18th birthday.

+(06/18/08) - NOA1 received by Ashley

(06/25/08 - 08/19/08) - Arnold visits Texas for the first time! Yeehaw!

(07/05/08) - Arnold is turned down by Ashley's father when Arnold asks for his permission/approval to ask Ashley to marry him.

+(10/14/08) - NOA2 Issued

+(10/21/08) - NVC Confirmation Issued

+(10/22/08) - NOA2 Received by Ashley

+(10/23/08) - NVC Confirmation received by Ashley.

+(11/11/08) - Packet 3 Recieved by Arnold. So close, I can almost taste itttt~

(12/18/08 - 01/06/09) - Arnold and Ashley's first Christmas and New Years together in Texas <3

(02/12/09 - 02/16/09) - Ashley visits Arnold in Canada for Valentines Day and Family Day.

(03/13/09 - 03/22/09) - Ashley visits Arnold in Canada for Spring Break :3

+(03/31/09) - Packet 4 Received with so little runway.

+(04/08/09) - Arnold's Interview date!!!

(07/10/09) - Arnold arrives in the US

~(08/14/09) - Marriage in Austin, together at last!~

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Have you met before IN-Person? If so provide evidence from that meeting.

You cannot file I-129F BEFORE you have actually have met in person.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Yes, we've met in person twice. This is just his first visit here, our two previous times together were in Canada when I visited him.

It will be his first visit here and it will be our longest time together by far. (Both of my previous trips have been five days long)

Edited by junk

(04/25/08 - 04/29/08) - The first time Ashley and Arnold meet in person! Windsor was cold :(!

(05/24/08) - Arnold proposes to Ashley at the Riverwalk, how romantic! Ashley's 19th birthday.

(07/05/08) - Arnold is turned down by Ashley's father when Arnold asks for his permission/approval to ask Ashley to marry him.

(12/18/08 - 01/06/09) - Arnold and Ashley's first Christmas and New Years together in Texas <3

(02/12/09 - 02/16/09) - Ashley visits Arnold in Canada for Valentines Day and Family Day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes, we've met in person twice. This is just his first visit here, our two previous times together were in Canada when I visited him.

I would hold that and provide it later at visa interview as relationship evidence. No sense having an adjudicator at USCIS get confused by the dates of travel on that email being dates after your I-129F filing.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

As long as you can prove that you have both met in the last 2 years, you can file the I-129f. Nothing wrong in starting now.

beach_1_001.jpg

Timeline

As long as you can prove that you have both met in the last 2 years, you can file the I-129f. Nothing wrong in starting now.

Okie dokie, thanks so much! The only evidence we have previous to this March are emails so I'm a little nervous. Too bad IRC logs can't be used!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Arnold will be visiting me from Canada on June 30 to August 6.

We have yet to file our I-129F.

Would it be better for us to wait to file until he gets here so I can list this trip on our Declaration of meeting?

or

Can I include the receipt and email for his ticket from the airline in the evidence here if I file before his departure date?

We're hoping to get married next July, Vermont is our service center, and Montreal is our consulate if that helps at all with the wait or ASAP filing question.

If I were you and i was once Don't file till he gets here because he will be refused at the border if you file now because it will be in the system, When my husband and I filed we wait till after i arrived for a3 month stay to file, and our lawyer had advised is to do that, because like said they will refuse him if he has a visa pending,! But guess it is up to you to but hey whats a couple three weeks you've waited this long,? Oh and they will question his length of stay in the US even though he's allowed just make sure he has enough money in his account to show them if they ask and that he has strong ties to Canada. Good luck on what ever choices you make!

Oh and keep everything, and I mean everything just to make sure in case when the time comes for your interview that if they want proof of anything you'll have it from concert tickets to hotel reciepts everything!

Edited by Laynie

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
If I were you and i was once Don't file till he gets here because he will be refused at the border if you file now because it will be in the system, When my husband and I filed we wait till after i arrived for a3 month stay to file, and our lawyer had advised is to do that, because like said they will refuse him if he has a visa pending,! But guess it is up to you to but hey whats a couple three weeks you've waited this long,? Oh and they will question his length of stay in the US even though he's allowed just make sure he has enough money in his account to show them if they ask and that he has strong ties to Canada. Good luck on what ever choices you make!

Oh and keep everything, and I mean everything just to make sure in case when the time comes for your interview that if they want proof of anything you'll have it from concert tickets to hotel reciepts everything!

I disagree with pretty much everything stated above.

They're not going to deny you entry based on the fact that you have a fiance visa in process or even have you or him 'in the system' as filing for a K1. If anything, that would assure them you are going about it correctly.

It's simple, he needs to bring ties to home just in case and always be honest without offering more than they need to know or ask for.

My fiance has been in and out of the U.S. about 8 times in the past two years and many of those times staying for the entire 90 days allowed on the VWP. He was denied entry on his very last attempt in because he had basically been living here, no ties to NZ and leaving only to satisfy the visa requirement. It was a matter of time really. ;)

All that is required at this point is that you can prove you have met at least once in the last two years. The new trip will be great supporting evidence to show proof of ongoing relationship which is actually required at the interview stage after the petition has been approved.

It does not matter where you met.

As far as your evidence. It's very easy to take a screenshot of a chat session (print screen button... paste in the program of your choice) and save in high enough resolution format (bmp, tiff) to read. Better yet, find a new way to chat. ;)

timeline.jpg

Timeline

They're not going to deny you entry based on the fact that you have a fiance visa in process or even have you or him 'in the system' as filing for a K1. If anything, that would assure them you are going about it correctly.

It's simple, he needs to bring ties to home just in case and always be honest without offering more than they need to know or ask for.

My fiance has been in and out of the U.S. about 8 times in the past two years and many of those times staying for the entire 90 days allowed on the VWP. He was denied entry on his very last attempt in because he had basically been living here, no ties to NZ and leaving only to satisfy the visa requirement. It was a matter of time really. ;)

All that is required at this point is that you can prove yo :lol:u have met at least once in the last two years. The new trip will be great supporting evidence to show proof of ongoing relationship which is actually requi red at the interview stage after the petition has been approved.

As far as your evidence. It's very easy to take a screenshot of a chat session (print screen button... paste in the program of your choice) and save in high enough resolution format (bmp, tiff) to read. Better yet, find a new way to chat. ;)

He has a dr appt and will be in g12 in fall so I think those would count as ties to home? He has braces so it isn't like he can just bail.

Thanks for the help! I think we have a lot of evidence for meeting, just not a lot prior since we weren't even thinking of this process before March :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Okie dokie, thanks so much! The only evidence we have previous to this March are emails so I'm a little nervous. Too bad IRC logs can't be used!

It does not sound like folks are focusing on an important issue here. You seem to indicate that the only evidence you have of meeting in the last two years are emails, which as evidence for the purpose of proving you have met in the last year do you no good.

If you do not have good primary evidence of being in the same place at the same time in the last two years (passport stamps, boarding passes, train tickets, etc...), then you may want to consider waiting to submit your petition until you can gather the evidence from your next meeting. And since you will know what you need for primary as well as secondary evidence (by reading the guides), you should be able to collect very good evidence.

Hope this helps.

Edited by RobertM

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Denver CO

Date Filed : 2008-12-04

NOA Date : 2008-12-11

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-01-06

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

Comments :

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

All that is required at this point is that you can prove yo :lol:u have met at least once in the last two years. The new trip will be great supporting evidence to show proof of ongoing relationship which is actually requi red at the interview stage after the petition has been approved.

He has a dr appt and will be in g12 in fall so I think those would count as ties to home? He has braces so it isn't like he can just bail.

Thanks for the help! I think we have a lot of evidence for meeting, just not a lot prior since we weren't even thinking of this process before March :lol:

THat would be one type of tie, but you need more. He will need to bring proof of ultilities, rent or mortgage, bank statement, recent paystubs, and other things like that. Also it helps to have a hard copy of a non refundable return ticket. http://cbp.gov/ should help some in determined what will happen with customs at the border.

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Timeline

It does not sound like folks are focusing on an important issue here. You seem to indicate that the only evidence you have of meeting in the last two years are emails, which as evidence for the purpose of proving you have met in the last year do you no good.

If you do not have good primary evidence of being in the same place at the same time in the last two years (passport stamps, boarding passes, train tickets, etc...), then you may want to consider waiting to submit your petition until you can gather the evidence from your next meeting. And since you will know what you need for primary as well as secondary evidence (by reading the guides), you should be able to collect very good evidence.

Hope this helps.

Oh no, we have two plane tickets, two hotel receipts, and two bank statements from her visit. We also have a handful of pictures with the two of us in it. So the meeting in the last two years part is quite covered.

Our issue lies in the fact that we mainly used IMs as our medium of communication, and since we were 16-17, we did not think about such things as saving the message logs and such, or using the phone to call instead of Skype, and other things. So, we do not have much evidence towards the long term, just three emails from her to me, and three emails from me to her, and maybe a couple of other things. (Phone bills and the engagement rings' receipts?)

That is what we were trying to see, if we had enough long term, and should we / can we supplement it with my upcoming visit on the 30th. We decided not to put in my ticket, and just use it towards my interview in the future. Sending in the I-129F today / tomorrow! :D

Timeline

THat would be one type of tie, but you need more. He will need to bring proof of ultilities, rent or mortgage, bank statement, recent paystubs, and other things like that. Also it helps to have a hard copy of a non refundable return ticket. http://cbp.gov/ should help some in determined what will happen with customs at the border.

I will bring two of my upcoming dental appointments as proof, along with my school ID card to show that I'm still a student for another year. Hopefully, that will be enough. I have an e-ticket, so I may just print off the online order or something like that to show that I am returning.

I do not pay rent / mortgage / utilities, and won't get bank statements until I return, since I'm only turning 18 on June 9! And thanks for the link to the website!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I will bring two of my upcoming dental appointments as proof, along with my school ID card to show that I'm still a student for another year. Hopefully, that will be enough. I have an e-ticket, so I may just print off the online order or something like that to show that I am returning.

I do not pay rent / mortgage / utilities, and won't get bank statements until I return, since I'm only turning 18 on June 9! And thanks for the link to the website!

You take whatever evidence you can think of but remember that a dental appointment can be cancelled via a simple phonecall....

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.