lovin_famo

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello to everyone!

Well, i just returned from meeting my fiance, and i must say, i am Scared beyond belief. first, the trip was wonderful, my fiance was wonderful, and his family wonderful. okay so maybe i am rambling now, but everyone knows what my feelings are at this point. i just wanted to hear from someone who knows, i have read the process over and over, i know what i must do now, but i need support, i am out of my my mind with worry, that we will not be approved, that i will not see him again, yes, i know God will provide, just need a little encouragement, and yes i am crazy, crazy in love! All replies are welcome, thanks,

Mrs. Famodun

post-47473-1212355236_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Girl!

Well.... If you can answer yes to "Can you trust him"? Are you sure you want to marry him? A good list of why you want to marry him?

Are you ready for the Immigration journey? You shouldn't be denied unless there are serious issues in his past which would prevent him from being approved. If there aren't then you should be good to go. It can be lonely and expensive at times but if you're sure he is the one for you, not just being in love but having the WHOLE package, then LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!!!!

You listed K1 so I'm assuming you're not married yet.

WELCOME TO VJ

I130

September 6, 2007-Sent I130

January 18, 2008-NOA1

February 24, 2008-Touched

April 14 & 15-Touched-RFE trick

May 23, 2008-Aproved!!!!!!!! (Thanks to the MAN above)

May 26, 2008-Touched (Holiday)

May 31st-Recvd Hard Copy in mail

I29F

February 18TH, 2008-NOA1

February 24TH, 2008-Touched

April, 14TH & 15TH-RFE trick

May 22, May 23rd -Touch, Touch

May 23-Approved!!!!!!! (Thanks to the MAN above)

May 26, 2008-Touched (Holiday!)

May 31ST-Recvd Hard Copy in mail

NVC

May 29TH, 2008-129F received at the NVC-YES!

May 30TH, 2008-130 received at the NVC

Consulate-June 3rd

INTERVIEW-August 27TH

Interview-PASSED WITHOUT ANY ISSUES-10 MINUTE INTERVIEW

SEPT 20TH-Arrived in NYC then to Charlotte-YEAH!!!

AOS

February 4TH-mailed I485 & I765

Feb 8TH, NOA 1 for both-Received Feb 5TH

March 4TH Biometrics done

March 19TH RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER-INTERVIEW DATE April 30TH at 9:30

April 13TH RECEIVED EAD... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

APRIL 14TH-GOING TO SS OFFICE TO ORDER SSCARD

April 19TH-SS card received

April 20TH-Lerners Permit obtained

April 30TH- AOS Passed-10 minute meeting, wouldn't call it an interview, very, very simple.

May 18TH=GREEN CARD RECEIVED

NEVER ABLE TO VIEW CASE ONLINE-SAME INVALID# MESSAGE

Timeline

Welcome to the waiting room ... It seems that you will do a lot of that between now and when you two are together here.

First visit:2007-09-12 to 2008-09-23

I-129F Sent : 2007-11-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-11-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-31

NVC Received : 2008-04-21

NVC Left : 2008-04-23

Consulate Received : 2008-04-28

Packet 3 Received : 2008-05-20

Interivew date : 2008-08-07 CO asks inappropraite questions

His father died: 2008-08-18

Retain Marc Ellis 2008-09

Visited Nigeria again: 2008-11-12

petitioned returned to CSC :2008-11-27

returned to USA 2008-12-13

His father buried 2009-01-03

picks up K1 visa Nov 2009

Marriage Dec 2009

take throne as Igwe /Lolo 2010 or 2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

First, you need to take a deep breath. This process is long and stressful and you do yourself no favors by anticipating that nothing is going to go right. You need to make sure that you are educated in the process. Read the guides and read other people's experiences, good and bad.

Stressing out about denials and all the other bad things that may happen is not going to help you. Worry about those if/when you get to that point. Making yourself sick with worry about what MAY happen does not help, especially when a vast number of people (at least on VJ) follow the guides here and have no problems whatsoever.

Study the guides and ask any questions if you have. There are plenty of people on here that are more than willing to help you with any issues if you need it.

Educate your fiance about the process as well. When we were starting out I sent my fiance links to all the stuff I was doing on my side and then sent him the embassy reviews and other tidbits that other people have shared. Talk to your fiance about what you have learned here on VJ and encourage him to come online and read. Believe me, it helps them learn about the process as well.

Just take it one day at a time. Remember, people have done it before you and others will continue after you. It is a doable process.

:)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline
Hello Girl!

Well.... If you can answer yes to "Can you trust him"? Are you sure you want to marry him? A good list of why you want to marry him?

Are you ready for the Immigration journey? You shouldn't be denied unless there are serious issues in his past which would prevent him from being approved. If there aren't then you should be good to go. It can be lonely and expensive at times but if you're sure he is the one for you, not just being in love but having the WHOLE package, then LET THE JOURNEY BEGIN!!!!!

You listed K1 so I'm assuming you're not married yet.

WELCOME TO VJ

yes, yes, and yes! I wont go into specifics, but my faith is so strong that i am letting God lead me, He has not failed me so far. so yes i am ready for this journey and whatever it takes to bring us together. Thanks for the reply, and God bless!

Timeline
First, you need to take a deep breath. This process is long and stressful and you do yourself no favors by anticipating that nothing is going to go right. You need to make sure that you are educated in the process. Read the guides and read other people's experiences, good and bad.

Stressing out about denials and all the other bad things that may happen is not going to help you. Worry about those if/when you get to that point. Making yourself sick with worry about what MAY happen does not help, especially when a vast number of people (at least on VJ) follow the guides here and have no problems whatsoever.

Study the guides and ask any questions if you have. There are plenty of people on here that are more than willing to help you with any issues if you need it.

Educate your fiance about the process as well. When we were starting out I sent my fiance links to all the stuff I was doing on my side and then sent him the embassy reviews and other tidbits that other people have shared. Talk to your fiance about what you have learned here on VJ and encourage him to come online and read. Believe me, it helps them learn about the process as well.

Just take it one day at a time. Remember, people have done it before you and others will continue after you. It is a doable process.

:)

yes, you are correct. although i must say it is my fiance who keeps me abreast of everything related to the site. i have been reading, and re-reading everthing just to make sure i am not missing anything. anything worth having is worth the hard work and the patience, that is my belief. thanks for taking the time to inform a newbie such as myself, your words are very encouraging and that is what i need at this point. keep us in your prayers, God Bless!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Welcome to Visajourney. You are so excited! I pray that you and your fiance have a smooth journey towards togetherness.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I wish you the best and I am sure that everything will work out in your favor. You and your SO look so happy...welcome to VJ :)

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Hello welcome to visa journey,

You have been given some good advice!!!! I wish you well on your visa journey!!!!!! :star:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Timeline
Hello to everyone!

Well, i just returned from meeting my fiance, and i must say, i am Scared beyond belief. first, the trip was wonderful, my fiance was wonderful, and his family wonderful. okay so maybe i am rambling now, but everyone knows what my feelings are at this point. i just wanted to hear from someone who knows, i have read the process over and over, i know what i must do now, but i need support, i am out of my my mind with worry, that we will not be approved, that i will not see him again, yes, i know God will provide, just need a little encouragement, and yes i am crazy, crazy in love! All replies are welcome, thanks,

Mrs. Famodun

Welcome to VJ! I just returned from Nigeria myself, WOW is all I can say! You're in the right place. I agree with what the other members have been saying about reading everything you can on this site. Knowledge IS power! You are very fortunate to have found this site before you start your journey, there is a wealth of information and support here.

Again, welcome!

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Timeline
I wish you the best and I am sure that everything will work out in your favor. You and your SO look so happy...welcome to VJ :)

Thanks Boo Boo! Dont forget about us, continue to pray for everyone, including my fiance and I! Peace!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: Welcome to VJ :dance::dance::dance:

This is the best site for Accurate & Helpful answers. There are a lot of members that will support you.

Good Luck with your Journey

I-130

03-17-07 Mailed

03-23-07 Recvd fwd to CSC NOA1

03-27-07 Update

APPROVED 09-05-07

09-06-07 Update

09-10-07 NOA2 in mail

I-129F

04-04-07 Mailed

04-24-07 Updated Recvd NBC NOA1

04-26-07 Update

05-08-07 Update

05-11-07 Update trnsfr to CSC

05-15-07 Update

05-17-07 Recvd trnsfr letter in mail

06-05-07 Update case pending @ CSC

06-06-07 Update

APPROVED 09-05-07

09-06-07 Update

09-10-07 NOA2 in mail

09-27-07 Arrived at NVC

10-06-07 NVC notice via mail

10-31-07 Mailed to the Embassy

11-04-07 Recvd at the Embassy

02-20-08 Medical Appointment

03-11-08 Redo Police record

04-11-08 Interview

02-17-09 Interview

06-04-09 redo medical & Police Record

06-09-09 Resubmit info @ Embassy

ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.