• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Marchers- just wanted to say that I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be leaving for the airport in a few hours (not done packing yet... shoot) to go to Mexico to visit my fiance. So... I might not be on this site as often, but you better believe I'll be checking back to see how everyone's doing!!

Have a great week!

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Caity,

I am sorry that I did not check in earlier to wish you a fond farewell and safe journey, as you venture off to visit your fiance.

I hope you have a spectacular time, and enjoy each and every minute of your trip. I will keep you in my prayers.

Stephanie

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

Timeline
Hi all, I'm a March CSC filer... *waves* I'm anxious!

Hi k&o,

It is good to meet you. Thanks for stopping in to say hello. I hope you continue to post often. I have resorted to practically wanting to BEG for participation in this thread. Maybe the March filers with CSC are just a quiet bunch in general, but I am hoping that we gain some momentum soon. I get so excited when I go into the Jan, Feb and April threads who are with CSC. Even May filers are starting to have a nice and lively thread.

So, please keep stopping in to wave or even start a discussion with us. We are the closest thing to family that we have. We are a 'rare' bunch of individuals to be able to go through this process with all of its ups, downs, curves and falls, but I take that as a huge compliment and testament to our strength, determination and abiding love for our significant others.

Until later,

Stephanie

Edited by stevi1123

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi all, I'm a March CSC filer... *waves* I'm anxious!

Hi and welcome to our thread!!!hope to see you here often :)

Hello Marchers- just wanted to say that I hope everyone is doing well. I'll be leaving for the airport in a few hours (not done packing yet... shoot) to go to Mexico to visit my fiance. So... I might not be on this site as often, but you better believe I'll be checking back to see how everyone's doing!!

Have a great week!

Caity

Have a safe flight and enjoy each day being with your fiance!

Have fun!

Hi k&o,

It is good to meet you. Thanks for stopping in to say hello. I hope you continue to post often. I have resorted to practically wanting to BEG for participation in this thread. Maybe the March filers with CSC are just a quiet bunch in general, but I am hoping that we gain some momentum soon. I get so excited when I go into the Jan, Feb and April threads who are with CSC. Even May filers are starting to have a nice and lively thread.

So, please keep stopping in to wave or even start a discussion with us. We are the closest thing to family that we have. We are a 'rare' bunch of individuals to be able to go through this process with all of its ups, downs, curves and falls, but I take that as a huge compliment and testament to our strength, determination and abiding love for our significant others.

Until later,

Stephanie

Passing thru!hope everyone had a great weekend!!! Hope also that we'll get lucky this week.May our NOA2 be on its way this month!!!

Wake up CSC!!! :P

Edited by ManilaIdaho

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey marchieS! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I got to go to Seattle and shop; even though i only found one thing!! Oh well. i had good pizza at the mall! Anywho... Not feeling so well for the past couple of days. i feel very unmotivated and lonely. I keep trying to talk to jorge about how soon he will be here and that he doesn't have to put up with mex city for far too long. he even cried... :unsure: he said not to talk about that. He is VERY frustrated with the length of this process, and he just wants to get here ASAP. The $hiTee part about the past 71/2 months is that he has been robbed twice already; once by some dam*N cops.... he says he cannot take being there much longer because it is wasting his time. He says he just doesn't think it is fair that if he wants to marry me, why he can't just do it!? Why does it have to be such a hassle. I agree. But, it is what it is! I feel bad for him asking me not to talk about the process anymore until we get our NOA2.... but i can understand his frustration. I ALWAYS talk about how close we are. Even at work i talk to my co workers about it. I am always so amazed at how fast it has gone. It helps me feel better, but makes him feel worse. :(

I really hope to God that this month is Marchs' month... There are still some Febz to get approved, but they usually go into the next month as well. Once i see the first march filer, i will be so happy. I will throw a party for myself! haha

Back to work :thumbs: one more week and then we are half way through July. See how fast it is?

Maria

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

7/11/2008 Sent Jorge Proof of Ongoing Relationship

7/22/2008 TOUCH!! *feels bubbley inside*

7/22/2008 NOA2 By e-mail! WOO!!

7/23/2008 Touch After Approval

7/23/2008 Jorge Received Proof of Ongoing Relationship Packet That I Sent Him

7/26/2008 Received NOA2 Hard Copy

7/28/2008 Petition Arrived to NVC - Got my new case number!

7/30/2008 NVC shipped petition to MEXICO!! Getting closer and closer!

7/30/2008 Petition Arrived to CDJ-(Electronically I suppose???)

8/04/2008 NVC hard copy in my mail box =D

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/04/2008 Jorge Received the packet I sent him for the interview. YAY

9/05/2008 Jorge Received his packet 3 (identical to the one I received)

9/07/2008 Jorge flies to Juarez for Med and Interview

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/09/2008 Interview- SUCCESS!

9/16/2008 POE

9/17/1008 Arrives to East Wenatchee, WA

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/07/2008 - And so it begins

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/18/2008 - Appt Letter YAY (Nov. 28)

11/28/2008 - Biometrics Appointment

11/28/2008 - Touch

1/23/2008 - Travel Doc Approved

1/27/2009 - EAD Card ordered

1/31/2009 - Card Recieved

2/18/2009 - First day at new Job :)

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

APPROVED WOO! We are complete!

4/20/2009- Resident Card Received NOW we're complete!

Timeline

Hi jmmr and everyone. Jmmr, I am sorry that you are feeling down right now. I know exactly how you feel. It comes over me at times too. Infact, it comes over me A LOT. But I have to stay hopeful and prayerful, because we will soon be looking back on these days. Soon, our loved ones will be by our side, and this will be but a memory. It's gonna take a while to complete our processes, but it WILL happen.

Now that I have given this advice, I need to remember to "practice what I preach," cause I sure do miss my guy.

Have a blessed day,

Stephanie

Timeline

Lol it's so sad how our thread is uber quiet!!! How was everybody's monday?! I'm going to make an attempt and write at least one thing a day! Even if it is just HELLO EVERYONE!!!! :) I havent seen much February action lately! Well... last week there were a few. I AM SO PRAYING TO GOD!! I think that mid this month they may start pulling those march filers! It seems like it is on the middle of the month. What do you guys think? :wacko:

Today was a very busy day at work! I work at a bank, so a Monday after a 3 day weekend keeps us very busy. Lots of cash to count :thumbs: Working at a bank helps make the days go by fast.... there is always something to do throughout the month, and when we get to certain monthly audits, i feel like "THERE GOES ANOTHER MONTH" Jeez. I can still remember the day that i had asked my supervisor if i could have a month off since i am such a bad a$$ worker :whistle: HAHA I love working there. It is so much fun.

I wish you guys would say a little something about what goes on in your daily lives. It's always nice to get to know those who are going through the same process. Open up :) Let's see.... trying to think of other things i can ramble on about.... mmmm..... :blush:

I cut back on viewing my updates because i have a feeling i am going to be one of those that never gets touched and gets approved out of no where. I just hate the fact that i don't have a way of knowing when he will be back. my dad's girlfriend... well she reads stones. It's not like a witch thing its just something she picked up since she was a young duck. Well... she is very accurate in her readings. It's funny. She actually "predicted" her mothers' death last year and ever since she stopped reading her own stones because it is scary to her what she finds out about herself. She has done mine 3 times since January. EACH time it tells her that in my near future i will be getting married. She showed me the symbol for marriage and it actually comes up... it's really neat. I have also asked when Jorge will be here... and it ALWAYS gives the symbol for early fall. She did a recent one that she asked if he will actually be here before Novemeber, and it told her the symbol for Joy. Isn't that Shiznit!? Each time she has done this, it comes the same. One time it told her that i would have a baby within a year! BUt right away i went and got me some Birth Control...and I SWEAR TO YOU to that the 2nd time i did it, and asked that question, it said "UNKNOWN!" It was a blank stone. I think that is the coolest thing. Too bad it doesnt give you an actual date! HAHA I don't normally believe in those things, but these are soo cool because it comes up the same. It helps with the pain :star: I just love Jorge so much. I don't know how I have lived my life without him. I'm so glad he is going to be my husband and someday the father of my children. I was thinking about how he is going to be my family now...it's just so amazing. Everything is amazing. Yes i am an optimistic person! Everything is pretty to me. :)

I hope that everybody is doing wonderful in their lives. I hope we can keep it up with this thread and share a little about yourselves here. I would love to get to know each one of you. :)

Maria (F)

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/02/2008 Mailing Jorge Interview Packet- Cost me 93 USD; worth it. He will hopefully get it on Thursday evening.

9/08/2008 Medical Date- went well :) He stood in line since 5:30 Am. He finished at 11:15 AM - ish

9/16/2008 POE

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/28/2008 - Touch

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

Timeline

Hi jmmr,

Thank you for such an indepth glimpse into your life.

I had to literally stop myself from even turning my computer on for a while whe our process first started. I was logging into the USCIS ( aka USELESS at times ) almost 5 times each day. I was becoming OBSESSED with seeing if our application had been touched. Fortunately, I have mellowed quite a bit from those first days.

I had gotten to the point of even paranoia :wacko: and started wondering if USCIS checks to see how often an applicant signs into their web site. I was thinking irrationally, of course, but sometimes, this visa journey process can make a person think irrationally. (Right?) :(

Then, when I heard about Igor's List, I would start doing the same thing. It was actually becoming to feel unhealthy, obsessive and compulsive. Subsequently, I decided to put myself on a plan, and stop checking so much. It was/is easier said than done.

I am self-employed, but work part time on-call for a hospital at night, so I am at home at my desk most days. It is so hard not to just keep checking, but I had to realize that they only update USCLIS (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose) web site once each day. I was really getting out of hand with that :) Plus, I need to concentrate more on my work at times.

I am so looking forward to my Taiwo coming home. The whole dynamic of my household will change, and I cannot wait.

My first husband died 4 years ago. He was 39. We were childhood sweethearts from 11 years old. When he died, I never could imagine finding love again. It was the darkest time of my life. He was very ill for many years before he died, and most of our great years were cut short by his death at such a young age. But God picked me up and carried me through the sorrow, and I am so happy to HAPPY again. I have been blessed with the sweetest man on earth, and I cannot wait to shower him with love.

Love he will get, when he mows the lawn, fixes the basement plumbing, paints the exterior of our house, remodels the attic and converts it to a penthouse suite like I dream of having all the time. But seriously, I just look forward to sharing my life with the man I love.

In February, I spent the entire month with him in London. I wish the cost of living was not so high there, because I loved, loved, loved it there. The people are so cool there. It was a time I will never, ever forget.

Last year at this time, I was just returning home from Africa too. Now that was an experience to behold. I want to go back asap, but it will be a while before that happens. Taiwo is currently building a house on his land, and he already has property there that a bank is renting out from him.

When he arrives here in the US, we will IMMEDIATELY become man and wife with a civil ceremony. The plan is to then have a large reception for the family (mine here in the US), followed by a large, traditional wedding once he is able to travel overseas again.

This process have proven to be a lesson in patience, a lesson in learning and a spritual unfolding.

Well, that is my life in a nutshell. Thanks for inviting us to open up a little more and tell more about ourselves. It was very cathartic.

Until Later,

Stevi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Good morning everyone. Not much is new here...still no touches or NOA2, but not really expecting them yet. CSC still has a whole bunch of February filers they are working through. Hopefully we'll see them cranking out more approvals this week.

I think I check my case status at the USCIS website maybe once or twice a week. Not really too addicted to that. However, I do love checking the Igor's list to see who has gotten approved and how many approvals CSC and VSC have done per week. Right now, Nathalie and I are #158 on Igor's list.

Not sure why...but I have been really impatient lately. I think now that I don't have anymore planned trips to see Nathalie...I am kinda "at the mercy" of CSC waiting for the NOA2. I really had to fight off the urge to buy a last minute roundtrip plane ticket for $1200 to see her for the long 4th of July weekend. I eventually decided against it because I'll probably need the money to fly her home whenever the visa is approved. And the fact that it was freaking $1200 helped persuade me too. ;)

Not sure what you all do to spend time with your loved one when you can't actually physically be there with them, but Nathalie and I talk on the phone everyday. I'll call her when I get from work...we'll talk about our day, then we'll take a break to do dinner and evening stuff and I'll normally call her before bed and we'll say goodnight to each other. The last couple of days we've been watching LOST season 1 (I've got her hooked on it) together. We both turn it on at the same time and we'll "watch it together" while we talk on the phone.

I hope everyone is having a great week and lets keep our fingers crossed that CSC puts things in gear and clears out the February filers and starts on us.

Timeline

YUP!! 1200 is too much! I keep checking for plane ticket prices as well, but they are far too expensive. I haven't seen my honey since December, but we both agree to save the money because it is going to be quite expensive. Especially with all those lovely new fees!! Anywho! It's beautiful and sunny outside today. Having one of those days where people are cranky at work, but for some reason my spirits are very high today! WHOO. I hope everybody is having a wonderful day!! C'mon CSC Let's get it on!!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

:star: Maria :star:

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/16/2008 POE

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/28/2008 - Touch

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

Timeline

Just checking in to say hello. Hope everyone is doing wonderfully today. Remember that each 24 hours that passes is yet another day closer to our being reunited with the loves of our lives.

Stevi

Timeline

Hey you guys. Looking at Igors' list it looks like they have approved quite a few mid feb filers. MAN! I was hoping we would be getting NOA2's by now... it's like they're a half of a month behind... it's strange. There was even someone for feb 27 that was approved... :wacko:http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/ I hope they start to pull those march filers next week. :unsure:

I just dont get how it really works...

maria

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/16/2008 POE

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/28/2008 - Touch

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
Hey you guys. Looking at Igors' list it looks like they have approved quite a few mid feb filers. MAN! I was hoping we would be getting NOA2's by now... it's like they're a half of a month behind... it's strange. There was even someone for feb 27 that was approved... :wacko:http://cse.ssl.berkeley.edu/igor/vjdata/ I hope they start to pull those march filers next week. :unsure:

I just dont get how it really works...

maria

Nobody really knows how it works. They certainly don't go in order. I'm assuming that once they have most of the Feb filers completed, we'll start seeing March approvals. Haven't seen any approvals this week out of CSC on Igor's list. Not sure if their email system isn't working and people haven't gotten NOA2s in the mail yet or if they are just sleeping this week. :)

Timeline

:bonk:

:lol: SoOoOoOoOn :yes:

I just got off the phone with Jorge...We talk EVERY night. He told me he got a promotion at his job, and he starts tomorrow. How awesome is that? He is very nervous. He will do fine. He such a great worker. :yes: He is going to have so many opportunities here in Wenatchee.

I know that they seem to have slowed down, but I also wonder if it has to do with the email technical problem as well. Wasn't that happening a little while back? Seems about right. I surely hope so because I really am getting impatient. LOL I laugh because the closer we actually are, the more impatient we get. ANXIOUS. But really, what is another 2-3 more months? Nothing compared to being apart for as long as we have in TOTAL. :no: So... ANYWAYS> Have an awesome night. Everybody sleep good. I am going to sit outside for a little while and watch the fire on the far away mountain (it's that time of the year/ lots of fires!). Til tomorrow :)

(F) Maria :P

3/18/2008 Began I-129 F

3/26/2008 Touch/Update

8/30/2008 Packet 3

9/16/2008 POE

9/27/2008 Marriage

AOS EAD Steps

11/13/2008 - Touch

11/28/2008 - Touch

4/09/2009 -AOS interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.