jmmr

March 08 Filers through CA Service Ctr

602 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Stevi, we feel for you and Taiwo. We hope everything will be OK soon, and that they are just trying to delay things to make your life miserable, but will ultimately give him the visa.

Angela had her interview yesterday and it was a bad experience too. She got what I would call a "conditional approval", but they did not ask for more or more recent documents, they just said they would check that she told the truth during the interview under oath and that if that was not the case, they would not give her the visa.

I was at the interview (thank God) and I will give a more detailed report of the interview once she has her passport back. I am afraid to say anything that may jeopardize her getting the visa. After all, we are still living under Bush's government famous for putting fear, uncertainty, doubt in people's mind by spying illegally on them. The Consulate Officers make you feel exactly how Taiwo said. I can't wait for Obama to win, and win big! Maybe he'll know how to induce respect to all human beings in every branch of the government, these Consular Officers obviously have no heart.

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

October 5, 2006: We meet for the first time!

March 8, 2008: I-129F K1-Fiancee Visa Application mailed

October 27, 2008: K1 VISA RECEIVED !! (233 days - 7 MONTHS 19 DAYS)

January 17, 2009: Entry - POE: JFK w/EAD (315 days)

February 6, 2009: WEDDING! (335 days)

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

AUGUST 14, 2009: GREEN CARD IN HAND (524 days - 1 YEAR 5 MONTHS 6 DAYS)

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just made a call to USCIS today to follow up on my case and was told that it is outside of the processing time...duh. (Filed in early march and got the NOA1 on March 17). I was also told that I would have to put the petitioner on the phone or have him give them a call in order for them to look into our case and see what is wrong.

My question is, should I do anything else at this point? My boyfriend said he'll give them a call... Do you think USCIS customer service can actually do something about this? I guess I will just have to keep the faith for the time being.

~01 March 2008: I29F sent

17 March 2008: NOA1 received

21 August 2008: Touched

24 October 2008: Touched

27 Otober 2008: Touched

29 October 2008: Touched

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for your kind words, Paul

I am sorry that Angela had to endure such a similar experience. I will pray that it is all resolved quickly for you both. It does not seem fair how some people can treat others as if they are superior, when we all come from one Creator and were all created equally. But, sometimes we have to "go with the flow" and just allow mistreatment to "happen" to us. Especially when it comes to the US government!

The word FAITH has never been used more in our vocabulary, since the start of this "journey." But Faith is all that is required, so we find much strength from our faith. In the meantime, we carry-on with life-as-usual.

But, it sure ain't easy!

Stevi, we feel for you and Taiwo. We hope everything will be OK soon, and that they are just trying to delay things to make your life miserable, but will ultimately give him the visa.

Angela had her interview yesterday and it was a bad experience too. She got what I would call a "conditional approval", but they did not ask for more or more recent documents, they just said they would check that she told the truth during the interview under oath and that if that was not the case, they would not give her the visa.

I was at the interview (thank God) and I will give a more detailed report of the interview once she has her passport back. I am afraid to say anything that may jeopardize her getting the visa. After all, we are still living under Bush's government famous for putting fear, uncertainty, doubt in people's mind by spying illegally on them. The Consulate Officers make you feel exactly how Taiwo said. I can't wait for Obama to win, and win big! Maybe he'll know how to induce respect to all human beings in every branch of the government, these Consular Officers obviously have no heart.

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

Spent month in Africa 06/2007

Spent month in UK 02/2008

I-129F Sent : 03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 03-07

I-129 NOA1 Hard Copy: 03-15

Touched: 03-11

Touched: 03-13

Touched: 03-14

Touched: 07-22.

I-129F NOA2 :07-22

Touched: 07-23

I-129 NOA2 Hard Copy:07-28

NVC Received : 07-28

NVC Left : 07-30

Consulate Received : 08-06

Packet 3 Received : 08-15

Packet 3 Sent : 09-04 and 10-2

Packet 4 Received : 10-6

Interview Date : 10-16

Comment: Issued blue slip at interview to get Police Certs AGAIN :-(

I'm so sorry to hear about more mistreatment. I know many horrible things happen everyday in this world, but intentionally keeping loved ones apart because of your own petty and selfish reasons rank pretty far up there. I hope that everything gets resolved quickly for you!

Thank you for your kind words, Paul

I am sorry that Angela had to endure such a similar experience. I will pray that it is all resolved quickly for you both. It does not seem fair how some people can treat others as if they are superior, when we all come from one Creator and were all created equally. But, sometimes we have to "go with the flow" and just allow mistreatment to "happen" to us. Especially when it comes to the US government!

The word FAITH has never been used more in our vocabulary, since the start of this "journey." But Faith is all that is required, so we find much strength from our faith. In the meantime, we carry-on with life-as-usual.

But, it sure ain't easy!

Good to see that you are staying strong through all this Stevi, you are in my thoughts. Any new developments?. How long will it take for Taiwo to get these new documents, I hope that they can be expedited! Hang in there Stevi!!!

Amy & David

(USC & Canadian spouse)

Filed I-129..........March 21st 2008

NOA1................March 24th 2008

APPROVED!........July 29th 2008

NOA2................August 4th 2008

Packet 3 received.....August 26th 2008

Packet 3 sent....September 15th 2008

Medical.............September 29th 2008 (completion delayed by shot at Dr's taking 6 weeks to get, done Nov 7)

Interview...........February 25th 2009 (MUCH later than it should have been because of the medical)**VISA GRANTED!!**

VISA IN HAND!....March 3rd 2009

MOVE HOME!!!!...March 6th 2009

Wedding!...........March 20th 2009, civil ceremony ("real" wedding and party planned for March 20th, 2010)

Filed for AOS.....April 28th 2009

NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP....May 8th 2009

Biometrics Appointment....May 27th 2009

*Touch on I-485 and I-765*...May 27th 2009

*Touch on I-485 and I-765*...May 28th 2009

AP and EAD approved!!!.........June 2nd 2009

*Touch on I-765*......June 8th 2009

AP hard copy............June 9th 2009

EAD card received.....June 11th 2009

AOS interview...........July 29th 2009

AOS approved!!!.......July 29th 2009

GC production ordered...July 29th 2009

GC received!!!!..............August 13th 2009 WOO HOOOOO done with USCIS till 2011!!!!!!!

Filed for Lifting of Conditions...May 6th 2011

event.png

Hey everyone. I thought about giving up and letting this thread die... but I couldn't bear to do it. Stevi- I hope you are doing ok. Please keep us posted as to if Taiwo has given them the documents they requested and any other news you have.

Angel's interview will be in one week. He is more nervous that I have ever seen him be. He usually sleeps in any condition, but confessed to me that Saturday night he hardly slept because he could only think about his interview and he just got sick to his stomach and felt so nervous. I've done everything I can to try and calm him, but he told me tonight that it's something he just has to resolve himself... I just pray that everything goes well and next week comes sooner than later. I'm trying to keep myself as busy as possible so that Sunday will come in no time. (he flies out Sunday)

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well. And be everyone, I mean the few people who are still around?? :)

I need to sleep. Goodnight.

Caity Rose

Hey Caity...I'm still here. I just find myself so anxious and aggravated lately about David not being here and not even having an interview date...so many what-ifs about WHEN everything will happen that I have been trying not to come to VJ too much, it seems to just make me feel worse =( But I still think about you all and I come back every few days to check on everyone. You must be thrilled that Angel's interview is almost here! I'm excited for you and I have my fingers crossed that all will go perfectly! :thumbs:

Amy & David

(USC & Canadian spouse)

Filed I-129..........March 21st 2008

NOA1................March 24th 2008

APPROVED!........July 29th 2008

NOA2................August 4th 2008

Packet 3 received.....August 26th 2008

Packet 3 sent....September 15th 2008

Medical.............September 29th 2008 (completion delayed by shot at Dr's taking 6 weeks to get, done Nov 7)

Interview...........February 25th 2009 (MUCH later than it should have been because of the medical)**VISA GRANTED!!**

VISA IN HAND!....March 3rd 2009

MOVE HOME!!!!...March 6th 2009

Wedding!...........March 20th 2009, civil ceremony ("real" wedding and party planned for March 20th, 2010)

Filed for AOS.....April 28th 2009

NOA1's for AOS, EAD and AP....May 8th 2009

Biometrics Appointment....May 27th 2009

*Touch on I-485 and I-765*...May 27th 2009

*Touch on I-485 and I-765*...May 28th 2009

AP and EAD approved!!!.........June 2nd 2009

*Touch on I-765*......June 8th 2009

AP hard copy............June 9th 2009

EAD card received.....June 11th 2009

AOS interview...........July 29th 2009

AOS approved!!!.......July 29th 2009

GC production ordered...July 29th 2009

GC received!!!!..............August 13th 2009 WOO HOOOOO done with USCIS till 2011!!!!!!!

Filed for Lifting of Conditions...May 6th 2011

event.png

Timeline

Hi Amy,

Thank you for thinking of us. I am sorry that you are feeling a little down too. I know how it is. After the interview, I stayed away from VJ for a couple of days, but found myself gravitating back, because this has become my family of sorts, and my comfort too. "Birds of a feather flock together." This phrase took on greater meaning once I found VJ. I am so very grateful for having found this forum. Even being able to witness everyone get their visas while we are still waiting brings comfort. That's why I keep coming back.

But even though they have told us that he just needs to send those police certificates in, we are still trying to remain realistic, because we cannot figure why they did this in the first place. He had the correct reports to begin with.

---

Caity, I'm thinking of you too. I am getting very excited awaiting your big day!

---

I guess Maria has just abandoned us for good :(

Too much marital bliss, I guess. Maybe she will resurface soon. She sure is missed around here.

---

I am sorry that I am not able to provide as much excitement as Maria did. She had a remarkable way of invigorating us all. But I am so, so thankful to all of you, because you have really made a difference in my life during this "ordeal" and I will never forget that.

Please forgive me if I have not addressed specific names. I am thinking of everyone, and praying for everyone's success and happiness.

Hugs,

Stevi

Hello there...just checking in on the other March people and especially you Stevi. I'm so sorry you hit a bump in the road. I can only imagine how weary you are of the uncertainty and waiting. God bless you and keep you strong.

(L) HUGS (L)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline
Hello there...just checking in on the other March people and especially you Stevi. I'm so sorry you hit a bump in the road. I can only imagine how weary you are of the uncertainty and waiting. God bless you and keep you strong.

(L) HUGS (L)

Thank you so much Nich. I am staying positive. I am so happy for YOU and all of the wonderful new things going on in your life. You are the best, and you deserve the best. Thanks again for all you have done for some many of us around VJ. Please pray that I will soon be able to join all of you in the AOS forum. I hope it occurs before 2009 :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Thank you so much Nich. I am staying positive. I am so happy for YOU and all of the wonderful new things going on in your life. You are the best, and you deserve the best. Thanks again for all you have done for some many of us around VJ. Please pray that I will soon be able to join all of you in the AOS forum. I hope it occurs before 2009 :(

Hey Stevi- I hope you can join the AOS forum before 2009 also!!!!! Maybe I will be able to also... or soon after, hopefully.

Angel is waiting at the bus station right now to begin his loooong journey to Ciudad Juarez. He leaves at midnight tonight and finally gets there at 6:30 PM, lots of waiting for him. Keep us in your prayers!!!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend :)

Caity

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Timeline

Caity I am sooooo excited for you and Angel. Can you believe it? In just a couple of days, the interview will be OVER, and you will both be able to think clearly again :)

I am keeping you in my prayers, and cannot wait until you post those glorious words "He got the visa!"

Hugs, Hugs, Hugs

Stevi

p.s. Taiwo asked his church members to pray for us, and at the end of service a fellow church member approached him and told him that he was going home to Africa for vacation. Asked Taiwo if he would like for him to take his documents to the police department and get his certificate for him. He will then FeDex it back to Taiwo (thus saving a HUGE amount of time and expense!)

It was like an "angel" had sent the man to us. He leaves tomorrow, so we will see what happens. I'll keep everyone updated.

Edited by stevi1123

Timeline

Stevi,

Well if this can give you any hope, Angela received her passport today, and THE VISA WAS IN IT! We were so relieved.

She was not home when the envelope arrived, it was sitting there on the table, and I just kept looking at it not knowing if it was a 'yes' or a 'no', and thinking our entire life was depending on it.

So I hope your "conditional approval" will be the same as ours, they will give you the visa once the papers are in. I think they asked the new documents just to make you wait a bit longer, some of these officers obviously like to make people feel miserable.

I think they abuse their powers and I am wondering if with Obama at the helm things will change. I hope he will make the CIS and DHS better agencies, with more friendly people, like they did for the IRS many years back.

Good luck, you're nearly there...

Our Timeline below - CA Service Center - Consulate: Rio de Janeiro - Local Office: San Jose, CA

March 24, 2009: Sent AOS, EAD, AP package to Chicago Lock box (381 days - 1 YEAR 16 DAYS)

June 30, 2009: Interview in San Jose, CA (479 days) - NOT approved, Sworn statement required

May 31, 2011: Sent I-751 Removal of Conditions package (1179 days - 3 YEARS 2 MONTHS 23 DAYS)

January 25, 2012: 10-Year Green Card Received (1418 days - 3 YEARS 10 MONTHS 17 DAYS)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Stevi,

Well if this can give you any hope, Angela received her passport today, and THE VISA WAS IN IT! We were so relieved.

She was not home when the envelope arrived, it was sitting there on the table, and I just kept looking at it not knowing if it was a 'yes' or a 'no', and thinking our entire life was depending on it.

So I hope your "conditional approval" will be the same as ours, they will give you the visa once the papers are in. I think they asked the new documents just to make you wait a bit longer, some of these officers obviously like to make people feel miserable.

I think they abuse their powers and I am wondering if with Obama at the helm things will change. I hope he will make the CIS and DHS better agencies, with more friendly people, like they did for the IRS many years back.

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad to hear that :) Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to post something simliar!!!

"There was a boy with skin as dark as the earth & a girl with eyes as blue as the deep & they loved each other so well that people could not tell them apart, for in their hearts, there was no difference between them." -Brian Andreas

3-20-08: I-129F Petition Sent

3-24-08: NOA1

7-25-08: NOA2

10-27-08: Medical Exam

10-28-08: Interview! Approved!

12-20-08: U.S. Entry (POE Chicago)

1-2-09: Marriage

1-27-09: AOS package sent

2-3-09: NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-131

2-9-09: RFE received (need more income info. for household member)

2-24-09: Biometrics appoinment

2-25-09: RFE information sent back

Timeline
Stevi,

Yes! Congratulations Angela and Paul... I'm so happy to hear that. I send you all the best, and all the happiness in the world. Thanks for making me feel much better.

Caity, I will be patiently waiting for your news. I have lots of prayers that have been delivered successfully in your honor :)

Stevi

Timeline

Caity,

Thinking of both of you on this special day. Good Luck!

Timeline

Caity, have you heard anything yet? Your name is showing at the bottom of the screen.

I have no idea what the time difference is in Mexico for Angel's interview. (I'm a bit slow on some things).

I'm waiting patiently for some GOOD NEWS this morning.

Hugs to You,

Stevi

Edited by stevi1123

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.