cca

Avadavit and another question

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

wow i use this site a lot now!

My 1st question is that ive read that the avadavit of support is not needed when applying for K1 visa, jst when youre applying for AOS. Is this true??

My second question (or worry) is that for the pettion we had no idea how long any of thi would take so arranged a wedding fo October 25th 2008. We included this in one of our statements saying we plan to marry october 25th at blah blah blah. However we have now realised that we may not get visa in time sohave postponed the wedding date. My queston is will this make the ppl at CSC suspicious that we are planning on hlding a wedding then and might carry on and do it? Or wil they just think that we postponed it cuz we didnt get visa approved in time ect.. I guess what im tryin to say is will this hold things up at all? I not even planning to go to USA till i get my visa to be safe

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I-134 affidavit of support is needed at the visa interview, NOT when filing the I-129F.

Most on K-1 do not have any wedding plans until after getting the visa, that is what the 90 days after entry is for. All you have to do is tell them in your letter of intent that you intend on marriage within 90 days after entry on the K-1. NO set date is required. http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance...r_of_Intent.doc

:guides:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys,

wow i use this site a lot now!

My 1st question is that ive read that the avadavit of support is not needed when applying for K1 visa, jst when youre applying for AOS. Is this true??

My second question (or worry) is that for the pettion we had no idea how long any of thi would take so arranged a wedding fo October 25th 2008. We included this in one of our statements saying we plan to marry october 25th at blah blah blah. However we have now realised that we may not get visa in time sohave postponed the wedding date. My queston is will this make the ppl at CSC suspicious that we are planning on hlding a wedding then and might carry on and do it? Or wil they just think that we postponed it cuz we didnt get visa approved in time ect.. I guess what im tryin to say is will this hold things up at all? I not even planning to go to USA till i get my visa to be safe

Thanks

1) If a affidavit is required (not all consulates require one) it will be the I-134. For AOS it will be the I-864.

2) No, the postponement due to uncertainty of the visa will not matter... USCIS could care less... there only job is to determine if your finace(e) is eligible to apply for this visa...

YMMV

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We just put we intend to marry within 90 days of receiving visa approval and arrival in the US.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Thing is i cant remeber what we put on letter of intent...we did put intent to get married wihin 90days blah blah but i think we also put in there somewhere about october.. hmm

well maybe , when i do the other letter of intent for my visa interview i might just put about the postponement??,,,

Just as long as they just wanna see im eligibl. I know im prob worrying about nothing but i wanted to double check that they will just see it as an honest mistake not knowing when visa comes through and trust that we have sorted it out

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Thing is i cant remeber what we put on letter of intent...we did put intent to get married wihin 90days blah blah but i think we also put in there somewhere about october.. hmm

well maybe , when i do the other letter of intent for my visa interview i might just put about the postponement??,,,

Just as long as they just wanna see im eligibl. I know im prob worrying about nothing but i wanted to double check that they will just see it as an honest mistake not knowing when visa comes through and trust that we have sorted it out

Don't worry about this plans do change. Most consulates want a re-newed letter of intent anyway.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Don't worry about this plans do change. Most consulates want a re-newed letter of intent anyway.

Some maybe... I doubt it is anywhere near most....

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.