junejr

Request for evidence.

15 posts in this topic

Here is my situation; I got a letter from USCIS request for more evidence. Below is some past of the letter.

In order to establish eligibility for removal of your conditional status, you must submit evidence of your communal residence for the past two years. Such evidence may include but is not limited to the following:

1. Copies of rental lease(s) or rental agreement(s) showing joint tenancy at a common residence signed by you, your spouse and the owner(s) he property (or the property manager)

Ok now my situation, First year of marrige we lived with his dad so we used his address file for adjustment status. Then we moved out to rent a townhome cuz we need a bigger space. But since the house that we rent is close by so we dont bother to change the address with USCIS. (Both his dad's house and our house is on the same street, only one block away)

So what should I do? I'm planning to send a copy of our rent contract including gas bill that have both our name on it also will ask for the property manager write us a letter. Do u think that will be enough?? Do I have to ask for his dad to write us a letter? Or should I make appointment with USCIS (infopass I believe)

Right now we're actively searching for a house. We got pre-approve loan and found one house that we like but we're still on process with the whole buying house deal. My question..should I let my realtor or banker write a letter too?

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before. I have time to send all the evidence before this June 28. Please advice. Thanks for advance.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We are in the EXACT same situation. We sold my house back in July of 2006 and lived with my cousin rent free for 2 weeks. Then, we moved into our current apartment, next door, and have lived there for almost 2 years now. We had used her address for our AOS and we have just continued to use it for the last 2 years now. We also rent month to month and do not have a lease.

What I plan on doing for LOC in August is to:

Get a letter from our landlord stating we rent (our apartment address) from him and include copies of one rent check each quarter as proof.

Write my own letter stating exactly what we did.....why our billing address on EVERYTHING is my cousin's address. And that we just walk next door every day to get our mail.

Show proof of this with utility bills which have the BILLING address and the SERVICE address on them.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Yes, give them what they are asking for - which is the rental agreement for your current place and the gas bill is good too. Does the other stuff you've already sent have this address on some things, in addition to your father in law's address?

Evidence is supposed to cover the entire time of your marriage from wedding day to now, so you could also have your father in law write a letter to say that you were both living with him the first year of your marriage, if you didn't do that already.

I think the letter from the bank who you are pre-approved with would be a nice extra too, to demonstrate your intent to have a large joint 'liability', in the form of a mortgage :)

Don't worry about the AR-11 change of address and I-865 change of sponsor address (if applicable). You could file them now if you wanted or just keep it the way it is until you get your own house.

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

I agree. Provide them with the rental agreement and copies of bills with joint names. Just explain that you chose to use an address that would be of a more permanent nature because you just recently moved or wanted to use that address as your permanent mailing for such serious business as filing for removal of temporary status.

Ok below is what I'm planning to send to USCIS

-A letter from my husband explaining our situation.

-Gas Bill on our apartment (the apartment address)

-Rental agreement from our current apartment.

-Some credit card mail that mail to me to the address on file (my father in law house) -- for this item, do u think it nessecery?? I dont really have any mail besides the bank statement and credit card statement.

-Some of our wedding photos and trip photos

-A copy of letter pre-approval mortage from bank

Do I need anything else? DO I have to file change address right now? We're planning to move as soon as we get a house which we're working on finding a house now.

What did you send in first time????????

I sent our joint statement shown joint loan, my joint insurance, our joint tax 2006, 2 swon affidavits, copy of past airline and hotel reservation of our trip to Thailand, our joint bill payment for my school, our joint payment on our wedding. And all the fee and form i-751. I forgot to send our photos last time but planning to send it this time.

Ok I decided not to send a letter from my husband (explain our situation about where we live) becuz my uncle think it's unnecssery. He said it will look like we excusing it. Instead of that I'll send a letter from our property manager. Question..do I have to go get it notorize? My husband said it's ok to send just a letter. And how many photos should I send? Is 5 enough? I was planning to send about 10 but I think it's too much.

Here are what I am planning to send out;

A copies of notice form USCIS (Request for evidence)

A copyof our rental lease showing joint tenacy signed by us and the property manager

A letter from property manager

A copy of out joint gas bill

A copy of our joint pre-approve mortage loan

A copy of my pap test bill from doctor showing our joint insurance

And some of our photos ( I forgot to send it last time)

Will it be enough?

Our due date is coming close (June 27) I have to send itout as soon as possible. So please advice me. Thank you so much.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Ok I decided not to send a letter from my husband (explain our situation about where we live) becuz my uncle think it's unnecssery. He said it will look like we excusing it. Instead of that I'll send a letter from our property manager. Question..do I have to go get it notorize? My husband said it's ok to send just a letter. And how many photos should I send? Is 5 enough? I was planning to send about 10 but I think it's too much.

Here are what I am planning to send out;

A copies of notice form USCIS (Request for evidence)

A copyof our rental lease showing joint tenacy signed by us and the property manager

A letter from property manager

A copy of out joint gas bill

A copy of our joint pre-approve mortage loan

A copy of my pap test bill from doctor showing our joint insurance

And some of our photos ( I forgot to send it last time)

Will it be enough?

Our due date is coming close (June 27) I have to send itout as soon as possible. So please advice me. Thank you so much.

As far as the letter goes, it should a sworn (i.e., notarized) affidavit -- see the example form here on VJ -- or the equivalent allowed under federal law. If it includes the following language at the end, federal law considers it the equivalent of a sworn affidavit:

Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1746, I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.

Executed on (date).

(Signature)

Meh

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I would send them a letter from each place you lived in whether or not you had a lease (so include one from father-in-law). Include a cover letter stating where you lived and when, with documents to support what you say. I would get them notarized.

It doesn't hurt to be thorough. You don't want to leave any questions in the adjudicator's mind.

Good luck!

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

I'll ask my father in law to write a letter for us and will ask for the property manager do notorize for the letter.

I also make appointment with infopass tomorrow.

Before that, I'd like to ask for your sugesstion... should I file AR-11 and I-865 right now?

Personnally my husband and I don't wanna do that cuz we're afraid that the mail will missing. (You know apartment ..sometime they put in worng mailbox) And we go to his dad house almost every days to get out mails. Beside we're looking for a house right now. We expect to leave this apartment within 2-3 months if we get a deal on the house. What do you guys think?? Should I ask officer at infopass about this??

The reason that I concern because this sentense on AR-11 form

"Failure to report a change of address is punishable by fine or imprisonment and/or removal."

Has anyone been through something similar to this before? Please give me advice..

Just back from infopass. I have to say I'm very disappointed. The officer couldn't get me 100% answer. Everytime when she answered..she always said maybe you have to... or Im not sure let's me go find out. Or it's just me and my husband that unlucky to get a wrong person to ask. I'm now more confused than before. First I thought it just me since English is my second language but my husband was born and raised here and he still has no idea what that officer said.

I decided to send out what I have right now and will wait til I get a house then will apply for changing address. Thank you to all of you. Wish me luck and get no problem in the future. :)

Good luck to everyone ;)

Just back from infopass. I have to say I'm very disappointed. The officer couldn't get me 100% answer. Everytime when she answered..she always said maybe you have to... or Im not sure let's me go find out. Or it's just me and my husband that unlucky to get a wrong person to ask. I'm now more confused than before. First I thought it just me since English is my second language but my husband was born and raised here and he still has no idea what that officer said.

I decided to send out what I have right now and will wait til I get a house then will apply for changing address. Thank you to all of you. Wish me luck and get no problem in the future. :)

Good luck to everyone ;)

Sorry to hear the InfoPass was confusing... perhaps your officer was a new hire...

So yes just send your packet, and see what the process brings I guess... Good luck!!! (F)(F)

AOS: ND - June 5 2006 | RFE - June 15 2006 | FP Notice - June 30 (Rescheduled to Sept 16) | AP ND - August 14 2006| Walk-in FP - Sept 5 (FP cleared next day!) | Interview - Sept 8 2006 (Approved!) | Welcome Letter - Sept 13 | EAD received - Sept 19 (kinda moot since I'm waiting for GC) | GC received - Sept 23 2006 - Woohoo!!

I-751: 06/10/08 Mailed package to VSC direct (per memo instructions) not TSC. The wait begins... | 06/11/08 Package received at VSC (12.12pm) | 06/19/08 Check cashed | 06/20/08 Received NOA1 in the mail - ND is 06/17/08 | 07/10/08 Received Biometrics Appt Letter - ND is 7/7/08 | 07/22/08 Biometrics (had to do ink & paper also...) | 07/22/08 Touched | 07/23/08 Touched | 02/11/09 Transferred to CSC (got email)... | 02/12/09 Touched | 02/20/09 Touched (but no email) | 03/24/09 Approval letter arrives in the mail! Approval date is 3/18/09 from VSC | 04/03/09 Received card, postmarked 3/31 from CSC

N-400: 06/11/09 Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox | 06/12/09 Package received at Lockbox and signed for at 1.31pm | 06/18/09 Check Cashed | 06/19/09 NOA, PD 06/12/09 | 07/06/09 Biometrics letter received, ND is 07/02/09 | 07/24/09 Biometrics appointment | 08/06/09 IL received, ND 08/03/09 | Interview 09/14/09 at 9.30am (approved!) | Oath 10/21/09 | USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.