Beauty for Ashes

Memorial Day...share your family memories MENA BOARD

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Let me guess, you are an enlisted man, maybe a first sergeant, or did you become a top. I don't see you as a warrant officer, Right out of high school, joined up and made a career, did I guess that right?

I enlisted twice... I graduated from college but never was commisioned.. I was just a lowly enlisted plebe...llol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

wahrania- girl you know I love ya, I HATE MENOPAUSE, and being this age, it suckssssssssssssssssssss. I should have had menopuase when I was older, but noooooooooooooo, not lucky me. Ok I am losing my mind with the no-hormones, does it end anytime soon.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My cousin ( female ) is a Colonel in the AF. Does that give me bragging rights? ( the one who was part of the crew on Air Force One during the Clinton Administration ) .

Edited by Nagishkaw

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

wahrania- girl you know I love ya, I HATE MENOPAUSE, and being this age, it suckssssssssssssssssssss. I should have had menopuase when I was older, but noooooooooooooo, not lucky me. Ok I am losing my mind with the no-hormones, does it end anytime soon.

Whats so weird...is you know I have been going in and out of Algeria... one of the top travel advisory countries on the list with the UN being blown up in December and daily car bombings and over 151 kidnappings this year including 2 tourists in March who were near the Mali border and last December oil workers were ambushed. I tell friends of mine who are out of the service and who are still in and they are like " wow... thats so exciting" LOL. The reality is and I hate to admit all of this, but I kind of just want to go on a cruise now to somewhere normal like the Bahamas and eat at the chocolate bar and dip strawberries in the chocolate fountain. I have had enough of the military, of being exciting, of running around. Period. I just want to float in cool pool, come home to cool air conditioned house, have ice in my sodas that doesnt give me dysentary and I like being able to walk around not dressed like I live in Afganistan. Maybe if I would have never travelled, maybe I would be like HEY THIS IS SO ADVENTUROUS AND EXCITING. Now after being in and out of Algeria and being in the service and seeing this and that, all I wanna do is read cosmo, float in a pool, drink Fresca and chew ice cubes.. I dont care about being super gung ho , I just want to feel super unconcious by the pool baking in the sun

My cousin ( female ) is a Colonel in the AF. Does that give me bragging rights? ( the one who was part of the crew on Air Force One during the Clinton Administration ) .

My aunt, the one that is such a ######, just retired as a colonel in the Army Jag corps and teaches law. I hate her. I dont care if she was in charge of the pentagon. She needs a house to fall on her head like Alvira Gulch

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:thumbs:

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

This is my cousin, Colleen :

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/library/biographies/bio.asp?id=9176

Edited by Nagishkaw

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Whats so weird...is you know I have been going in and out of Algeria... one of the top travel advisory countries on the list with the UN being blown up in December and daily car bombings and over 151 kidnappings this year including 2 tourists in March who were near the Mali border and last December oil workers were ambushed. I tell friends of mine who are out of the service and who are still in and they are like " wow... thats so exciting" LOL. The reality is and I hate to admit all of this, but I kind of just want to go on a cruise now to somewhere normal like the Bahamas and eat at the chocolate bar and dip strawberries in the chocolate fountain. I have had enough of the military, of being exciting, of running around. Period. I just want to float in cool pool, come home to cool air conditioned house, have ice in my sodas that doesnt give me dysentary and I like being able to walk around not dressed like I live in Afganistan. Maybe if I would have never travelled, maybe I would be like HEY THIS IS SO ADVENTUROUS AND EXCITING. Now after being in and out of Algeria and being in the service and seeing this and that, all I wanna do is read cosmo, float in a pool, drink Fresca and chew ice cubes.. I dont care about being super gung ho , I just want to feel super unconcious by the pool baking in the sun

My aunt, the one that is such a ######, just retired as a colonel in the Army Jag corps and teaches law. I hate her. I dont care if she was in charge of the pentagon. She needs a house to fall on her head like Alvira Gulch

Wahrania..... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
OMG, are you serious, do you need to see my military discharge, I am not sure you would believe it, if I did that. What do you want from me. This is a long time ago for me, and yes sir, I am older than you. My ex-husband is retired navy, I never retired from the Army, never said I did. I served in the Army went to ranger school in Benning, did some time in Germany, but to be honest, I have had a lot of life since those years. I married while I was still serving in the Army, got out, put all my stuff away from those days, because my ex-husband was a lot like you, didn't want to even see the stuff, and went on to be married for 23 years to a naval officer. So if my memory isn't like sunshine blame it on my MS, if you even know what that is. I honestly don't sit and think about my Army days, and I really have so much more interesting stories than that, so it is not something I go around and talk about day in and day out. Like I already said before, I NEVER DID ANYTHING, ok drop it. For you, since you run this place, I will never speak of it again. Would you prefer me to never come back, than I will do that, since you think I am nothing but a liar? Just give me the heads up, I will leave, not a big deal.

i never said you retired from the army......

as for you "attending ranger training" consider this:

Ranger training is available for male soldiers in the following MOS: 11B/C/H/M,12B,13F,14S, 18B/C/D/F,19D. Male soldiers in the following MOSs: 31C/U, 35E, 54B, 63B, 71D/L/M, 73D, 74C, 75B/H, 88N, 91B, 92A/G/Y, 96B/D, and 97B are afforded the opportunity to attend ranger training provided their follow on assignment is to the 75th Ranger Regiment. Soldiers who are in an authorized ranger MOS and are being assigned to the 75th Ranger Regiment must attend the Ranger Assessment and Selection Program (RASP) and/or Ranger School temporary duty (TDY) and return to the continental U.S. (CONUS) or TDY enroute outside the continental U.S. (OCONUS).

link

haven't you figured out yet that i'm seeing thru your story? or did you have a sex change somewhere in the past?

Edited by charlesandnessa

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
For her it was considered a special unit. The pathfinders in Campbell consider themselves very hooyah and so does the 82nd. The SF groups consider themselves to be "elite" , then DELTA considers themselves better than everyone. But to be honest with you, the most inshape and insane I ever saw were the NAVY seals and Marine Recon. I lived and worked around 7th group, 1st was in Washington State but they were always running around Bragg, of course you have 10th and they are the mountain people.. then of course 5th that became 3rd and frankly until Desert Storm came around and training the Taliban in the late 80s, the only thing they ever did was Operation Bright Star in Egypt once a year and sit in the desert. Its only been recently that group has been super active. The reality is in Haiti it was the seals that were dying all over the place...group only since the Iraq war has become relevant again in my opinion ( leaving out the hostage rescue in Iran by Delta) and certain very infrequent operations. Lets get real, groups main job was to train the very people who turned against us and became AL Qaeda. We were planning for Gitmo in the early 1990s and lining up training groups long before 911.

I saw all kinds of things Charles, and I never ever even with all my time at Bragg and around SWIC and JSOC EVER ASSUME ANYTHING about who anyone is. I really saw too much to ever do that....

pathfinders rank pretty high in my book too. delta and sf groups are always bickering about who's best, but i have to give the nod to the seals. they are an insane bunch.

good to see another intel series on the board btw :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
Let me guess, you are an enlisted man, maybe a first sergeant, or did you become a top. I don't see you as a warrant officer, Right out of high school, joined up and made a career, did I guess that right?

made senior nco, not many 8/1sg slots the field i was in. had the education requirements for warrant but passed on it, was having too much fun :D

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
:wow:

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
made senior nco, not many 8/1sg slots the field i was in. had the education requirements for warrant but passed on it, was having too much fun

Of course you did, you are such the smart one, why didn't you go and be an officer? I can understand, what is that better being a sergeant than to what be a colonel, and being such the young hot shot you should make general in no time. Who wants to make triple the pay, do less work, no I would rather be enlisted. Of course, doesn’t everyone. If you have the degree, and don’t become an officer, than I really don’t have words.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Timeline
made senior nco, not many 8/1sg slots the field i was in. had the education requirements for warrant but passed on it, was having too much fun

Of course you did, you are such the smart one, why didn't you go and be an officer? I can understand, what is that better being a sergeant than to what be a colonel, and being such the young hot shot you should make general in no time. Who wants to make triple the pay, do less work, no I would rather be enlisted. Of course, doesn’t everyone. If you have the degree, and don’t become an officer, than I really don’t have words.

quite simple why - i have a difficult time being politically correct, plus when i did get my degree i was just over 10 years in and ocs didn't appeal to me.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

For her it was considered a special unit. The pathfinders in Campbell consider themselves very hooyah and so does the 82nd. The SF groups consider themselves to be "elite" , then DELTA considers themselves better than everyone. But to be honest with you, the most inshape and insane I ever saw were the NAVY seals and Marine Recon. I lived and worked around 7th group, 1st was in Washington State but they were always running around Bragg, of course you have 10th and they are the mountain people.. then of course 5th that became 3rd and frankly until Desert Storm came around and training the Taliban in the late 80s, the only thing they ever did was Operation Bright Star in Egypt once a year and sit in the desert. Its only been recently that group has been super active. The reality is in Haiti it was the seals that were dying all over the place...group only since the Iraq war has become relevant again in my opinion ( leaving out the hostage rescue in Iran by Delta) and certain very infrequent operations. Lets get real, groups main job was to train the very people who turned against us and became AL Qaeda. We were planning for Gitmo in the early 1990s and lining up training groups long before 911.

I saw all kinds of things Charles, and I never ever even with all my time at Bragg and around SWIC and JSOC EVER ASSUME ANYTHING about who anyone is. I really saw too much to ever do that....

pathfinders rank pretty high in my book too. delta and sf groups are always bickering about who's best, but i have to give the nod to the seals. they are an insane bunch.

good to see another intel series on the board btw :luv:

Well I honestly was exposed to so much at only 18 years old to start being at the presidio. I met cia and foreign service... TOTAL geeks. The airforce cryptos were the laziest. The marines and the navy were fun. The SF out there only chased ### all over the place because it was the longest they had been in one place at a time. The seals.. oh yes the seals. I dated a guy from seal team 5 who neglected to tell me till the weekend of the date that he was on house arrest in the barracks for dui. All the seals I knew were in trouble for one thing or another. The SF really depended on what group they were in. The asian groups were kind of weird....the german groups.. well what the hell were we at war with germany wise in 1985. At that time, the groups seeing alot of action was 7th frankly because they were in latin america actually DOING STUFF like operation joint task force bravo... I think they were in Honduras. There was ALOT of stuff going on with 7th and that really never stopped. 5th group at that time The 80s was just training the taliban frankly. We built them up because we were scared of russia. I remember all these FARSI majors ( Iran) not as many arabic majors... lots of Farsi and pashtu and that kind of stuff because we were really focused on pakistan and iran at that time.

Its funny how time changed things and how 9 11 changed our focus, We were training in the mid 90s for gitmo frankly and 9 11 hadnt happened yet. Wanna know how the taliban got so good at what they do? They had the best training they could get.. FROM US. we trained them to fight russia. NOW LOOK...

I often think about some of these soldiers that served during this time... even ones during desert storm one. No one saw the kind of action that the average e2 sees... nothing like Iraq has happened since Viet Nam/// These 18 to 23 year olds are seeing more than SF e7 and e8s saw in the 80 s and the 90s... Vietnam era soldiers and Iraq soldiers are pretty parallel...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.