Beauty for Ashes

paris running around

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I just got a call from my husband. I talked to his aunt, his other cousin and another cousin. Yesterday he was with his Mom. They are taking him all over Paris. I am so happy I waited for him to get the transit visa. It was worth it. He is having fun. He is leaving in a couple of days for the states. I think it was cool that he got to see Paris with his family. Its been a major pain the long wait for me.. but he got to see all kinds of things and reunite with his family which meant the world to him,especially to see his mom after 5 years...

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
I just got a call from my husband. I talked to his aunt, his other cousin and another cousin. Yesterday he was with his Mom. They are taking him all over Paris. I am so happy I waited for him to get the transit visa. It was worth it. He is having fun. He is leaving in a couple of days for the states. I think it was cool that he got to see Paris with his family. Its been a major pain the long wait for me.. but he got to see all kinds of things and reunite with his family which meant the world to him,especially to see his mom after 5 years...

congrats he will be here soon! btw manu chao is also one of my favorites. he is also one of my 5 year old favorites. he loves the bongo song and me gustas tu. but i dont translate! lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh I am so happy to hear he is having such a good time w/his family, that is so nice...and also so happy for you that he will be with you soon!!!!!!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I just talked to his cousin on the phone and his family in France is ALREADY planning on their visit here to see the baby.. OH LOL.Its been one big Algerian love fest in Paris this holiday weekend. Everyone is having fun together.. He s got a ride to the airport tomorrow and hes out having fun with his family tonight over here. He has a cousin that has come to the US and to Florida several times and loves the states and hes been the main one Mohamed has been hanging out with in Paris and this French Algerian has been telling Mohamed how nice the US is and how nice Americans are and how much fun he had in Orlando and in Key West so my husband is getting a pep talk from a French Algerian about how nice the USA is so hopefully he can be patient through the hard times here as he learns English and the baby comes.

My husband comes tomorrow night hopefully. If he makes it to the airport 1 am our time or 8 am their time and starts getting ready to board, the beginning of our adventure starts I guess.

I just talked to his cousin on the phone and his family in France is ALREADY planning on their visit here to see the baby.. OH LOL.Its been one big Algerian love fest in Paris this holiday weekend. Everyone is having fun together.. He s got a ride to the airport tomorrow and hes out having fun with his family tonight over here. He has a cousin that has come to the US and to Florida several times and loves the states and hes been the main one Mohamed has been hanging out with in Paris and this French Algerian has been telling Mohamed how nice the US is and how nice Americans are and how much fun he had in Orlando and in Key West so my husband is getting a pep talk from a French Algerian about how nice the USA is so hopefully he can be patient through the hard times here as he learns English and the baby comes.

My husband comes tomorrow night hopefully. If he makes it to the airport 1 am our time or 8 am their time and starts getting ready to board, the beginning of our adventure starts I guess.

:dance: Woohoo! How exciting! Best of luck and I'm sure you're over the moon right now! English will be cake to learn!! I know a lot of community colleges offer great classes (listening, pronunciation, spelling, etc.) if its something you guys can fit in, its well worth it. :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Congratulations Wahrania!!! I hope you have a wonderful reunion and a happy and blessed life together.

Please tell your husband " Welcome to the USA" from Hachemi and Meriem!

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Congratulations Wahrania!!! I hope you have a wonderful reunion and a happy and blessed life together.

Meriem (F)

He is on the plane now. I was so scared that somehow he wouldnt be on the plane , or would miss it or would change his mind. No, when I called to check on him with his Mom.. he told me call me at 7 and wake me up (I am thinking his Mom is lying next to him HELLO SHE CANT WAKE HIM UP?) I didnt say anything. I said yes ok honey. Meanwhile I set my alarm and didnt wake up till 720. I called and said honey I am so sorry.. I didnt wake up with the alarm ( I was so dead tired at this point) I think he just wanted to see if I would set my alarm in the middle of the night and wake up for him LOL

Anyway, He is on his way to Chicago right now as we speak in the plane so even if he hates it when he gets here LOL ( here you see my panic) at least he got on the plane and boarded and is on his way to the USA. Hes flying towards us... Its a long long long flight. Then he has to clear immigration...then its ANOTHER wait and then a flight...just a long long long way to get here...as you know I couldnt sleep last night, couldnt eat ( thats alot for someone pregnant, and have been generally freaking ut all over the place

Meriem (F)

He is on the plane now. I was so scared that somehow he wouldnt be on the plane , or would miss it or would change his mind. No, when I called to check on him with his Mom.. he told me call me at 7 and wake me up (I am thinking his Mom is lying next to him HELLO SHE CANT WAKE HIM UP?) I didnt say anything. I said yes ok honey. Meanwhile I set my alarm and didnt wake up till 720. I called and said honey I am so sorry.. I didnt wake up with the alarm ( I was so dead tired at this point) I think he just wanted to see if I would set my alarm in the middle of the night and wake up for him LOL

Anyway, He is on his way to Chicago right now as we speak in the plane so even if he hates it when he gets here LOL ( here you see my panic) at least he got on the plane and boarded and is on his way to the USA. Hes flying towards us... Its a long long long flight. Then he has to clear immigration...then its ANOTHER wait and then a flight...just a long long long way to get here...as you know I couldnt sleep last night, couldnt eat ( thats alot for someone pregnant, and have been generally freaking ut all over the place

He landed in Chicago about an hour ago. I think he is still clearing customs and moving his bags to the next belt to be fowarded onto here. His plane doest leave until 5 hours from now so he has a good long wait at the airport before the next plane.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Meriem (F)

He landed in Chicago about an hour ago. I think he is still clearing customs and moving his bags to the next belt to be fowarded onto here. His plane doest leave until 5 hours from now so he has a good long wait at the airport before the next plane.

You're gonna have on EXHAUSTED man on your hands once he is here!!!! I'm so excited for you I have butterflies in my stomach just reading that he's in Chicago!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i guess we won't see much of you after today :innocent:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i guess we won't see much of you after today :innocent:

Oh I will be around.... He doesnt get here until tonight and I really have lots of errands to do for him like get his ss card and all that mess plus hold down my job... and I AM PREGNANT... so all those appointments..I needed to go to work today but I had to get him new sheets for the bed, and his own new towel and washcloth and I havent cleaned out closets yet etc

The big thing is none of it seemed real to me until I knew he was on that plane from Paris to Chicago. I still have not heard from him yet ( no phone calls) He landed about 10 after one and I know immigration there is a huge huge thing with lots of planes landing simultaneously, then there is customs he has to go through, then put the bags back on the belt to transit again. I am sure the whole thing is overwhelming to him. I dont know if he will call me cause I dont know even if he changed money into American money or not and I know for sure he is really really tired. His next plane leaves in about 4 and a half hours so I wil l need to rest because Ill be out at the airport very late tonight picking him up

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.