Am I forgetting anything?

11 posts in this topic

Ok ...

So far we have ...

The letter of appointment

3 passport photos

Affidavit of Support from fiancee plus supporting evidence

Affidavit of Support from fiancee's Mum plus supporting evidence

Evidence of self-sponsorship - house deeds, mortgage statement, bank letter, estate agents letter

Letters from both of us about willingness to marry

Copy of DS156K and attached sheet

Copy of DS157 and attached sheet

Copy of DS230 parts 1 and 2 and attached sheet

Copy of DS156 and attached sheet

Decree NISI plus 1 copy

Marriage Certificate plus 1 copy

My birth Certificate plus 1 copy

Copy of Mercedes passport

Police Certificate plus 1 copy

8 photos of us together plus Mercedes with my family and my kids (and our dog)

Letters to us both from Mercedes family in the US, Christmas cards to us both from both families, engagement cards to us both from both families, 3 boarding cards each, joint utility bill, I'm bringing Mercedes credit card (she's additional holder on mine)

Letter to Mercedes saying she's been accepted to Law School for the the old why US and not UK question ...

My kids birth certificates plus 1 copy of each

K-1 and K-2 plus 1 copy of each

Copy of entry stamps into the USA from my old and new passports

Calls from our home phone to my mobile from Mercedes and calls to her number in Oregon

Calls and texts to Mercedes mobile from my mobile

Various emails

That's it so far ...

Anybody care to suggest some more evidence or forms and official docs I've overlooked?

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

you need a book or magazine to distract yourself while waiting for your interview!

Any by the way, since you have a kid, you might be interested to know that they don't stop you bringing in food or drinks.

Edited by Poiteen

The UK Wiki

Thanks Poiteen,

And a little of your namesake to calm the nerves methinks ...

My daughter Éire isn't joining us now, she's going to come over when she's 18 ... that was her choice so ....

I'll bring the book I'm reading at the moment ... 'Oil' by Upton Sinclair ...

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I had a gaggle of brainless new recruits from BA cackling and screaming in front of me. I coulda really done with a small glasseen of poítín to help me block them out. The worst was the guy who forgot all his forms and spent the whole morning screaming about how someone should have told him to bring them :blink::angry::dead:

Ohhh, is the book good? Have been meaning to see There will be blood, but never got around to it.

The UK Wiki

Ohhh, is the book good? Have been meaning to see There will be blood, but never got around to it.

Yeah, the book is great ... I read The Jungle a while back (nearly out me off emigrating) and Oil is a far easier read ... and pretty funny. Or as funny as Sinclair gets ...

I sent in all the forms with the Packet 3 but bringing them again as a back up ... sounds like it's just as well, eh?

R

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Decree NISI plus 1 copy

Good luck! You look well prepared :D Just one thing...is it the Decree Nisi they ask for or the Decree Absolute? I assume you sent a copy of this early on in the process and it was acceptable?

Good luck! You look well prepared :D Just one thing...is it the Decree Nisi they ask for or the Decree Absolute? I assume you sent a copy of this early on in the process and it was acceptable?

It's the same as the one I sent for the K-1 which was accepted ... except it was just photocopy that I got off my ex-wife so i got a new one from the court which is sealed and officially signed etc etc.

I just rechecked and it's a 'Decree Nisi Absolute' - phew.

Thanks for that!!!

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

:) sounds like u have just about anything that could be asked for but can i make the suggestion of chewing gum? why?

cuz it keeps ur mouth from drying out and also gives u something to do lol

Good luck my prayers are with u guys

It's the same as the one I sent for the K-1 which was accepted ... except it was just photocopy that I got off my ex-wife so i got a new one from the court which is sealed and officially signed etc etc.

I just rechecked and it's a 'Decree Nisi Absolute' - phew.

Thanks for that!!!

Great! You look good to go! All the best of British :D

All the best of British :D

Now don't be wishing that on a good Irishman!!!

R

PS Thanks ...

i-710 Process

02/25/2011 - NOA1

All the best of British :D

Now don't be wishing that on a good Irishman!!!

R

PS Thanks ...

:lol: opps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.