nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Salam everyone...wow so this is MENA huh? everyones all like MENA this and that in the IR1/cr1 forums and im like, what the heck is that? anyway i am married to a muslim man but i am not muslim..."yet". i love my husband very much and one of the things i love about him is how good of a person he is and he says because of islam. you see i was a very bad girl before i met him, had a very troublesome past...rebellious, flunking, partying, you name it. and when i met him i told myself it would almost be too good to be true to keep this man in my life because he so "pure" and i was "dirty". but he loved me, and i thank everyday for his love and patience. he does not force me to convert but it comes up alot. i plan to visit him in the next 2 -3 months and he said, it would be nice if i converted when i see him again. i dont eat pork anymore too...maybe because everytime i was with him for the 4 years we have been together i felt really disrespectful if i ordered anything that had pork in it that when i was not eating with him, i still felt disrespect when i eat pork.

i want to convert...for a long time i have wanted to. i am just finding it in my heart for the right time. i mean i have grown up catholic for 25 years and its not so eays forgetting jesus, am i right? i say to my husband everyday, "i just have to feel that thunder strike my heart then i will convert...GOD has to make me totally feel it so i know this is really for me too..."

and when i do become muslim i want to become a good muslim, do my prayers, give to charity and most of all be respectful and contnue to live a dignified life...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Salam everyone...wow so this is MENA huh? everyones all like MENA this and that in the IR1/cr1 forums and im like, what the heck is that? anyway i am married to a muslim man but i am not muslim..."yet". i love my husband very much and one of the things i love about him is how good of a person he is and he says because of islam. you see i was a very bad girl before i met him, had a very troublesome past...rebellious, flunking, partying, you name it. and when i met him i told myself it would almost be too good to be true to keep this man in my life because he so "pure" and i was "dirty". but he loved me, and i thank everyday for his love and patience. he does not force me to convert but it comes up alot. i plan to visit him in the next 2 -3 months and he said, it would be nice if i converted when i see him again. i dont eat pork anymore too...maybe because everytime i was with him for the 4 years we have been together i felt really disrespectful if i ordered anything that had pork in it that when i was not eating with him, i still felt disrespect when i eat pork.

i want to convert...for a long time i have wanted to. i am just finding it in my heart for the right time. i mean i have grown up catholic for 25 years and its not so eays forgetting jesus, am i right? i say to my husband everyday, "i just have to feel that thunder strike my heart then i will convert...GOD has to make me totally feel it so i know this is really for me too..."

and when i do become muslim i want to become a good muslim, do my prayers, give to charity and most of all be respectful and contnue to live a dignified life...

Take your time keep studying and listen to your heart. You can only convert for you and it sounds like you are on the right path to learn that or not. We are here if you have any questions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Does she have to "forget" Jesus? Don't Muslims think Jesus was a prophet too?

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Does she have to "forget" Jesus? Don't Muslims think Jesus was a prophet too?

No she does not have to forget jesus. He was a prophet. This is was I had kind of a hard time with too before converting.

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Take your time keep studying and listen to your heart. You can only convert for you and it sounds like you are on the right path to learn that or not. We are here if you have any questions.

:thumbs:

Don't forget Jesus, just search for the truth. This was my issue as well. Keep reading and asking questions.

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Timeline

Sister; step back and ask urself....wd u still b interested in Islam if ur husband wasnt in ur life? its a very crucial question. But either way learn about it; search as much as u can; see where it leads u.

lyrics.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

my husband is my life and my son...i can never imagine my life without him and why wouldnt i be without him...thats why i married this man in the first place...

June 2004...i sat down on the bench to tie my shoelaces (literally) not knowing i would marry the man i just sat down next to...

Oct. 18, 2007...Married

Oct. 27, 2007...my beautiful son is born

USCIS IR-1/CR-1 Visa Journey

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

Feb. 05, 2009: I 130 sent

Feb. 12, 2009: NAO1

Feb. 17, 2009: first touch

Feb. 18, 2009: Touch

May 01, 2009: Touch and NAO2 mailed...yeah hey!

May 08, 2009: NAO2 in the mail

NVC Journey

May 15, 2009: NVC case number

May 18, 2009: Gave email add to NVC

May 28, 2009: Received DS 3032 / I-864 Bill

June 1, 2009: Paid I-864 Bill

June 5, 2009: sent AOS stuff

June 29, 2009: sent DS 230

June 28 - Aug. 8: i spent time with my boys in the philippines

IN A BIG HUGE BLUR...OUR CASE WAS COMPLETED AUGUST 5, 2009 (AFTER RFE: HUSBAND'S ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE) AND MY HUSBANDS INTERVIEW WILL BE SEPTEMBER 25, 2009...WE HOPE AND PRAY WE GET IT!

CURRENTLY DOING: PREPARING DOCUMENTS FOR MY SON'S PETITION!

...I am one day further from the last time I saw you but I am one day closer to the next time I will...

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Sister; step back and ask urself....wd u still b interested in Islam if ur husband wasnt in ur life? its a very crucial question. But either way learn about it; search as much as u can; see where it leads u.

Amen, HLM - this is the most important question that everyone should ask themself. No one should ever convert for anyone else - it should be for yourself. As HLM said, if your husband wasn't in your life would you be interested in Islam. I don't mean to be so bold, but conversion is a personal decision between you and God - not between you and your spouse. God bless you on the way to finding your faith.

Edited by Staashi

Timeline

Amen, HLM - this is the most important question that everyone should ask themself. No one should ever convert for anyone else - it should be for yourself. As HLM said, if your husband wasn't in your life would you be interested in Islam. I don't mean to be so bold, but conversion is a personal decision between you and God - not between you and your spouse. God bless you on the way to finding your faith.

That is all she was asking, not that your husband doesn't mean the world to you or your son. It is just that if something happened and you weren't together, would you still practice Islam? It's something that if you can answer yes to then you know you are doing this for you only. We are here to support you and try and help you with any questions you may have.

God bless!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I actually just wrote a post about converting and husbands, because I'm dismayed at a number of recent posts/blogs of sisters leaving the deen/pulling back from practicing because of problems with their husbands. It's just something to think about, not saying that person A or person B will actually do this. But it's good to stop and check your intentions.

I'm compiling a list of resources for newbies here - http://rahma.hadithuna.com/converts/. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask :star:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

salam

i dont know if this topic has been brought up or not one cuz im just too lazy to read thru all the post.........but this is directed at the brothers!!!!!!!!!

once ur wife has converted are u doing ur duty to teach her about islam with kindness? u need to remember that this can never be forced u can not hold back ur husbandly duties because she is not complying with what u feel is correct islam is about kindness, we invite people to pray with us we do not force it.........same for the brothers who have married a non muslim u can not force islam it has to be a choice made on purely the fact that she has studied it and feels it is correct for her......

i know that many new muslims might feel shy about praying with their husband or even with out them because it is new to them........those of us that are muslim need to help them as best we can with out force......brothers remember she is like a new born baby when converting and has to be guided in the most respectful way

normally i dont say much on here cuz of all the controversy, but i felt this was something that needed to be addressed

sara

Timeline

:thumbs: Thanks for your post and I strongly agree with you. When I was first searching my husband honestly didn't want to take part in it at all. He would say look here or look there and point and would only answer questions I asked but he said he didn't want to be the reason for converting and later me blaming him. I would yell and scream and kick and stomp over what I thought was him being stubborn. Now looking back it was the best thing he could have done for me. He has been an inspiration to me and has took me by the hand and showed me the way. He helped me to learn Al Fatha in no time at all (with the help of Jax too) and I prayed with him every time we could. We also study the Quran together and some of our best conversations are regarding Islam. It's is our special time. I thank Allah that he was there to help me through this but was so patient with me and my little fits when I was confused.

Take her advice men and women. It is definately your duty to help the other out.

salam

i dont know if this topic has been brought up or not one cuz im just too lazy to read thru all the post.........but this is directed at the brothers!!!!!!!!!

once ur wife has converted are u doing ur duty to teach her about islam with kindness? u need to remember that this can never be forced u can not hold back ur husbandly duties because she is not complying with what u feel is correct islam is about kindness, we invite people to pray with us we do not force it.........same for the brothers who have married a non muslim u can not force islam it has to be a choice made on purely the fact that she has studied it and feels it is correct for her......

i know that many new muslims might feel shy about praying with their husband or even with out them because it is new to them........those of us that are muslim need to help them as best we can with out force......brothers remember she is like a new born baby when converting and has to be guided in the most respectful way

normally i dont say much on here cuz of all the controversy, but i felt this was something that needed to be addressed

sara

Timeline
:thumbs: Thanks for your post and I strongly agree with you. When I was first searching my husband honestly didn't want to take part in it at all. He would say look here or look there and point and would only answer questions I asked but he said he didn't want to be the reason for converting and later me blaming him. I would yell and scream and kick and stomp over what I thought was him being stubborn. Now looking back it was the best thing he could have done for me. He has been an inspiration to me and has took me by the hand and showed me the way. He helped me to learn Al Fatha in no time at all (with the help of Jax too) and I prayed with him every time we could. We also study the Quran together and some of our best conversations are regarding Islam. It's is our special time. I thank Allah that he was there to help me through this but was so patient with me and my little fits when I was confused.

Take her advice men and women. It is definately your duty to help the other out.

salam

sara

masha Allah Tasha :D that was so beautiful.

Sara i agree with u a 1OO%

Taj- sister...im here for u if u ever have any questions. my post earlier as the sisters explained only trying to make u understand what ur intentions are really about? thats very essential in Islam...its beautiful that u have this amount of love for ur family; and that u r striving for them as much as u can :D

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just beautiful - both of you! pPpperspecti

I would just like to say that I can in no way be responsible for what is typed on a blackberry. :lol: But I do think that Tasha what you and Sara pointed out was beautiful! :thumbs: Love to you both!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.