nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Follow your heart Tina. You'll find the right path to take. I believe that God has a lot of room in heaven for all of us - Catholic ones like me, too. ;)

:luv:

:thumbs:

Thanks to both of you (F)(F)

It does help to hear positive and supportive things instead of the other stuff. I appreciate you taking the time!! I'd send a hug smiley, if I could find one :)

Got married : 6-3-06

I-130 delivered : 6-12-06 - Appt in Cairo

I-130 Approved : 4-18-08 - USCIS approval!!

Visa Interview Date : 6-22-08

Case sent to WADC: 8-6-08 - FBI check

Email From Embassy 1-09 - Still in AP (7 months)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

1-26-09 - Out of AP, now final review

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

3-12-09 - Arrived in Portland!!

5-29-2010 - Zane was born ** Absolute best day of my life!

6-7-2010 - Ahmed went back to Egypt

8-23-11 - Filed for divorce

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Timeline

Tina- I believe u r already doing the right thing.... searching and getting questions answered. I suggest u keep doing that until one day u will know exactly what u want and what u believe and u will be very confident of it; regardless of ur choice. Keep looking and reading as much as u can -from authentic resources plz- until u have this amazing feeling in ur heart that wow i found it!! im at ease now!!

Try this: www.sultan.org

lyrics.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I guess I was lucky that I had lost my faith in Jesus (as) as the only way to heaven long before I became a muslim, if you could call that lucky to have a crisis of faith, lol. I did traverse a similar path - I went through a universalist faze before I finally settled on Islam.

For me, honestly I just woke up one morning and realized that I believe la ilaha il Allah, Muhammadur rasul Allah. A big part of that was after studying the life of the Prophet (saws) and realizing that this was a man that I wanted as a teacher and a role model. But in the end, after more than a year of considering it, I felt that I needed to know God, and that this was the best way to do so.

Ask yourself what you want from a religion. What do you want from a guide? What do you want to do to be close to God?

I'm working on a list of resources that I recommend to newbies. It's by no means complete, but it will give you some more things to read, listen to, and study - http://rahma.hadithuna.com/converts/

My pm/email is always open too.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

Thank you HLM and Rahma! I will check both sites. You are both very kind to respond to my issue and I'm grateful of the support and help! Rahma, I will probably be using that PM. If I start to bug you with it though, tell me!

I know it's probably wrong to say, but sometimes I tell Ahmed I wish God would just come down and say "Tina, this is the direction I want you to go". I'd drop everyting and go. But like Ahmed says, why would He do that for you when everyone else has to figure it out themselves. He's right. There's just a lot of soul searching and trying to figure things out that I haven't before. I hate to admit I've never been "in to" my religion, it was more of a process I went through. I want to feel my religion and my God in my life, and know exactly what it is and why and believe it more than anything else. I want to be excited about what I believe. Just have to figure out what that is. :blush:

There are so many things I love about Islam and the Muslim people, I know it's a community and family I would love to be in. I just have to know that I'm doing it because I believe it and feel it, and that it's nothing to do with my husband.

Thank you again!! (F)(F)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

3-11-09 - POE JFK - Got stuck there due to immigration taking too long. They didn't change his visa from CR1 to IR1, have to go to immigration here to fix it.

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
Thank you HLM and Rahma! I will check both sites. You are both very kind to respond to my issue and I'm grateful of the support and help! Rahma, I will probably be using that PM. If I start to bug you with it though, tell me!

I know it's probably wrong to say, but sometimes I tell Ahmed I wish God would just come down and say "Tina, this is the direction I want you to go". I'd drop everyting and go. But like Ahmed says, why would He do that for you when everyone else has to figure it out themselves. He's right. There's just a lot of soul searching and trying to figure things out that I haven't before. I hate to admit I've never been "in to" my religion, it was more of a process I went through. I want to feel my religion and my God in my life, and know exactly what it is and why and believe it more than anything else. I want to be excited about what I believe. Just have to figure out what that is. :blush:

There are so many things I love about Islam and the Muslim people, I know it's a community and family I would love to be in. I just have to know that I'm doing it because I believe it and feel it, and that it's nothing to do with my husband.

Thank you again!! (F)(F)

That's what I felt when I converted to Catholicism. You should feel it all the way in your bones and your soul should sing. That's why one should convert - no more, no less. :thumbs:

Edited by Staashi

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you again!! (F)(F)

Tina, my struggle with religion has been going on all my adult life. i just converted to islam in the last week. i have studyed and still am studying this. And for me this was the thing i needed in my life. I feel more at peace now than i ever did. Good luck!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Thank you Staashi and Turia!

Staashi - That is so how I want to feel it. Right down to my bones and hear the singing from my soul.

Turia - Congratulations on finding your way! :thumbs: I want to find that peace, truly.

Religion and spirituality are such important steps and I want to be sure I took the right one. I was just talking with my hubby and he was explaining some of the washing and praying and a few other things and wow, it seems like a lot of work. He says eventually you get used to it and it's not a big deal.

I'm going to start harrassing the Mosque again to see if they can get me in some classes, as well as check out the sites HLM and Rahma gave.

Thank you all again for your input and suggestions!! It always helps to know I'm not alone. (F)

19 DHL scans - 2-19-09

2-26-09 - Visa in hand!

1-12-12 - Divorce final

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Terrie I have a 'new sister' gift for ya! I'll bring it to the Chicago meetup!

Jackie

Aw Jax, how sweet you are!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

asalaam alaikum

We had issues at the embassy but were able to get past them. I went with my wife and our family to the embassy for her interview for the K-1 and was stunned when they took me a U.S. citizen to a room for an interview :blink: . Don't be intimdated, know your rights. If you think you are not being treated fairly, speak up, it's your right. Don't be afraid to get your congressman or a good immigration lawyer involved. You have a right to pray, at work, in public, and yes, even at the aiport. Get involved at your mosque, stand beside your brothers and sisters, and remember when living and working in a non-muslim country, a good deed, maybe a how are you doing to the guy next to ya, even just a warm smile :yes: , is a great way to make dawah, start a conversation, and helps to break down the barriars and misconceptions.

Filed K1 Petition September 2005

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi December 2005 Denied

Interview at Embassy in Abu Dhabi January 2006 Approved

Nikah April 21, 2006

Biometrics June 2006

Received Green Card August 2006

Waiting for 10 year card since June 2008

Received 10 year card April 2009

U.S. Citizen November 2009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Thank you Staashi and Turia!

Staashi - That is so how I want to feel it. Right down to my bones and hear the singing from my soul.

Turia - Congratulations on finding your way! :thumbs: I want to find that peace, truly.

Religion and spirituality are such important steps and I want to be sure I took the right one. I was just talking with my hubby and he was explaining some of the washing and praying and a few other things and wow, it seems like a lot of work. He says eventually you get used to it and it's not a big deal.

I'm going to start harrassing the Mosque again to see if they can get me in some classes, as well as check out the sites HLM and Rahma gave.

Thank you all again for your input and suggestions!! It always helps to know I'm not alone. (F)

Tina,

I converted a few months ago. I'm not feeling too well right now but if you ever want to talk about why I converted and hear my story just send me a pm. God bless you in your valley of decision.

Tasha

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
asalaam alaikum

We had issues at the embassy but were able to get past them. I went with my wife and our family to the embassy for her interview for the K-1 and was stunned when they took me a U.S. citizen to a room for an interview :blink: . Don't be intimdated, know your rights. If you think you are not being treated fairly, speak up, it's your right. Don't be afraid to get your congressman or a good immigration lawyer involved. You have a right to pray, at work, in public, and yes, even at the aiport. Get involved at your mosque, stand beside your brothers and sisters, and remember when living and working in a non-muslim country, a good deed, maybe a how are you doing to the guy next to ya, even just a warm smile :yes: , is a great way to make dawah, start a conversation, and helps to break down the barriars and misconceptions.

Brad,

In Cairo I was held in a room for 6 hours and told how bad Muslims were and how my husband would beat and possibly kill me because he wasn't getting a visa. (This was only because I asked about the marriage affadavit) I got on the ball when I got home and contacted my senator and low and behold he got the visa and is now a green card holder. It's unbelievable how sometimes Americans outside of our country can make us feel like we have no rights in our own embassy.

Tasha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.