nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Did anybody get that awful DVD sent out by Clarion called Obsession?

it was in the newspaper yesterday, and now it's in the trash, unopened.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We never got it. It's quiet ignorant but it is causing our local mosques trouble already. At one of them sombody sprayed pepper spray in the open window and it caused people to become ill. They caught them trying to do it at ours last night and arrested them, thank goodness.

It came in our local newspaper as well and by USPS. I guess these ignorants spent like 30 million for that trash.

Edited by Aymsgirl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We never got it. It's quiet ignorant but it is causing our local mosques trouble already. At one of them sombody sprayed pepper spray in the open window and it caused people to become ill. They caught them trying to do it at ours last night and arrested them, thank goodness.

It came in our local newspaper as well and by USPS. I guess these ignorants spent like 30 million for that trash.

Wow, I hadn't heard of this. Terrible. :angry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tasha, please post any updates you may have on that! I've been digging through the news all morning, and there's almost no information out there.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

yep we got one last week in the mail. i watched some of it but got bored so i turned it off.

husband read the envelope it came in and it said something where he said, oh it must be from the mccain people.

Edited by Donna A

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
got a couple of strange questions.....

1. showing affection/touching your spouse in public (islamically)

It's a matter of haya, modesty/shyness that is dependant on culture, urf.

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=...80&CATE=121

Showing overt affection in public isn't considered modest.

2. magic (evil eye etc....)

i've noticed alot of regional beliefs but not Islamically based....

A lot of this is related to culture, although when we look back to the life of the Prohpet (saws), we do find instances of magic

http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=...18&CATE=115

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
I don't get it...what are we talking about?

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/JI26Ak03.html

Here is who is responsible. http://www.obsessionwithhate.com/thepundits.php Suprise suprise that Daniel Pipes is on the list.

How is this even legal????? Would neo-Nazi's be legally able to insert their dvd propaganda into the NY Times, et al?

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
I don't get it...what are we talking about?

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/JI26Ak03.html

Here is who is responsible. http://www.obsessionwithhate.com/thepundits.php Suprise suprise that Daniel Pipes is on the list.

How is this even legal????? Would neo-Nazi's be legally able to insert their dvd propaganda into the NY Times, et al?

My husband watched the trailor on the DVD the other night. It's something..... well I just pray it stays under control. Most people are telling me they just threw it away. They had a meeting at our Islamic Society with the local churches and mosques and I believe the churches are drawing up a petition against the newspaper for distributing these.

the mayor in portland had requested that the big newspaper here not distribute it, but they did anyways. there's a protest downtown about it, that started about 20 minutes ago. nothing major, just kind of a truth promotion thing.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.