nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband knew his limits n always covers Alhamdulillah.

I want to add i cover becoz my body belongs to me no one has the privilage of looking at it.. it makes me know what im worth and gives me self-respect so even if my husband doesnt care i wd ve still covered Alhamdulillah.

lyrics.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
nope u still have to wash ur face coz its exposed to the elements. yeah ur feets are fine if u've been wearing socks and have not gotten them dirty (aka going outside sock footed etc).

Ah well, I dont' wear makeup anyway - was just curious ;)

What I really want to know is if there is a place I can order those sleeves online.

I have some, but they are white and I wear them 5 days a week to work and they are slowly turning a greyish color and it's been almost 1 yr. I'm about to switch jobs so maby I could get another 2 white ones and some colored for when I have to wear office clothes and business suites (wearing a chef's uniform right now)

U can prolly find'em cheaper than I got mine. Mine were 5 dollars for 2 pair. There's a shop about what...10 or 15 minutes from my place and I'm all sortsa happy to have been led to it via VP. Thanks

I'm sure u can gettem online but can't remember where exactly. Mine go up to the elbows, not all the way up the arm.

I paid about the same price and mine go to the elbow but have lace around the wrists... and yes I have found that covering does keep you cool.. how is that possible??? I think it's all up to Allah. :star:

I have sleeves and thin t-shirt I found at Target... but I have to have the thin white at work for the uniform, but I can't just wear a thin white longsleeved t-shirt, it's really not modest and defeats the purpose. So sleeves with a pink or light colored shirt work really well under my chef's coat and the double layered shirt plus jacket is just too hot.

I do need ones that go over the elbows though :blush:

I'm too tired to look tonight, but inshalla will find something tomorrow :)

btw: My husband dresses modestly also with t-shirts and sleeves and rarely wears shorts (only to the beach) and those go past his knees anyway. It sucks swiming in pants :wacko: eta I've done it... :whistle:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

One point I would like to make is that hijab is not only for the outside but also its an inside thing too. The modesty in what a Muslimah wears is not only for outside but what she wears in her heart and intentions.

It took me about four years after I became muslim to wear hijab. Then after I divorced my husband and many things happened I went through a time that I did not wear it. Now I have chosen to start wearing it again.

I agree that men also should dress modestly , no tight clothes and so on.

One post was about men and that they should not be so weak and they too have a responsability not to look at the women so cladly dressed. Yes, true. However who knows better than Allah how men can be. They are weak in many ways and also as Muslim women we go to our kids school, some work, and go to stores , parks etc. So there are far more non muslim men who dont care if they look so we should gaurd our modesty as well because of that. So many times I read or hear women talking about how they get harrassed or men come on to them in the work place. However these same women are wearing tight clothes, legs showing , breasts hanging so what should one expect? And honestly our whole society teaches young girls to be "sexy" in they way they act, dress and present themselves.

Another thing that gets me is why people makes such a big deal , in the west when someone is in hijab I mean its funny that if I am in hijab and someone next to me is in shorts and tank top I am the one who stands out . Ill never forget how the news stations made such a BIG deal when Laura Bush wore a scarf on her head in Saudi, when she was talking to women there about breast cancer. Yet the same people dont mind if their daughters walk on the beach in a bikini .

So as Muslim women some wear the hijab and yet they dont have pure hearts, the backbite, show off thier wealth and have a sense of false pride, And some women who dont wear hijab have sincere hearts, pure souls . Its a whole package and I am the weakest of all sometime.However I keep wearing my hijab hoping it will give me strength to remind me of who I am. And in the end I beleive for me its what Allah tells us. But to make a big deal over covering your head and forget that there are so many other things that need to imporve in our Umah is not something I will do. There are alot of other issues more important to me. Hijab in this country has to come from your strength and desire to wear it.

Salam

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My husband knew his limits n always covers Alhamdulillah.

I want to add i cover becoz my body belongs to me no one has the privilage of looking at it.. it makes me know what im worth and gives me self-respect so even if my husband doesnt care i wd ve still covered Alhamdulillah.

I really like the way you said that.. Alhumdulillah..

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
One point I would like to make is that hijab is not only for the outside but also its an inside thing too. The modesty in what a Muslimah wears is not only for outside but what she wears in her heart and intentions.

It took me about four years after I became muslim to wear hijab. Then after I divorced my husband and many things happened I went through a time that I did not wear it. Now I have chosen to start wearing it again.

I agree that men also should dress modestly , no tight clothes and so on.

One post was about men and that they should not be so weak and they too have a responsability not to look at the women so cladly dressed. Yes, true. However who knows better than Allah how men can be. They are weak in many ways and also as Muslim women we go to our kids school, some work, and go to stores , parks etc. So there are far more non muslim men who dont care if they look so we should gaurd our modesty as well because of that. So many times I read or hear women talking about how they get harrassed or men come on to them in the work place. However these same women are wearing tight clothes, legs showing , breasts hanging so what should one expect? And honestly our whole society teaches young girls to be "sexy" in they way they act, dress and present themselves.

Another thing that gets me is why people makes such a big deal , in the west when someone is in hijab I mean its funny that if I am in hijab and someone next to me is in shorts and tank top I am the one who stands out . Ill never forget how the news stations made such a BIG deal when Laura Bush wore a scarf on her head in Saudi, when she was talking to women there about breast cancer. Yet the same people dont mind if their daughters walk on the beach in a bikini .

So as Muslim women some wear the hijab and yet they dont have pure hearts, the backbite, show off thier wealth and have a sense of false pride, And some women who dont wear hijab have sincere hearts, pure souls . Its a whole package and I am the weakest of all sometime.However I keep wearing my hijab hoping it will give me strength to remind me of who I am. And in the end I beleive for me its what Allah tells us. But to make a big deal over covering your head and forget that there are so many other things that need to imporve in our Umah is not something I will do. There are alot of other issues more important to me. Hijab in this country has to come from your strength and desire to wear it.

Salam

Well said...... :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline
***bump***

2x :dance::dance:

"Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one's own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.

~John Fitzgerald Kennedy~

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

~Jalal ad-Din Rumi~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

lol..... so I got this new job... and I am working with a bunch of youngens that like to party and drink and date/sleep with the opposite sex. While it's still a new job I hate hearing this stuff.

any suggestions?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hmm a couple of funny things that happened on our trip to california........my mom smokes.....at Disney land she found the smoking area and was setting enjoying her smoking.........dont seem like such a bad thing right lol well this man came and sat down next to her and lit his cig.......took a couple of puffs turned to her and said.........sister ur in full hijab u can not set here and smoke.....my mom turned to him and said brother show me where it says in our book that u or i either one can smoke or not smoke.........he looked at her and said well ur suppose to behave in public where u dont draw attention she said to him if that was the case brother i would not be sitting in full hijab talking to u now would i?......he kind of laughed at that finally he said u have a point anyone in hijab in the usa is drawing attention she said yes so just kindly shut up and smoke and let me enjoy mine.....they got along great after that had a long talks while smoking ( we like to never got on our rides waiting for her to finish)

the other thing was i myself was asked so many questions........one very timid lady came to me and said can i ask u some questions about ur head cover is said of course with a big smile for her she said dont u get so hot under that.......i looked at her and saw that she was also sweating from the heat there ......i told her very honestly u know it does get hot but the difference is after sweating like ur doing i stay cool because the material has become some damp so any breeze i pick up allows me to feel cooler.........she thought about that for a few minutes the next time i saw her she had a cloth wetted down and tied around her neck and head lol

i cant even count how many times i was asked what part of the middle east we come from i always responded oh we come for the west as in the state of OREGON confused them alot lol

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline
lol..... so I got this new job... and I am working with a bunch of youngens that like to party and drink and date/sleep with the opposite sex. While it's still a new job I hate hearing this stuff.

any suggestions?

An Ipod? :unsure:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

any suggestions?

An Ipod? :unsure:

:lol::thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

This conversation about what your husbands can do to make themselves more modest/less attractive is making me laugh.

The reason is women are so different regarding how we find the opposite sex to be attractive. Some women may love a beard. Men will oogle women in a totally different way. For me, I don't like it when my husband shaves his goatee, but others say he looks much better without it.

I don't think the hijab rule could really apply to a man, for them I think its all about actions.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
This conversation about what your husbands can do to make themselves more modest/less attractive is making me laugh.

The reason is women are so different regarding how we find the opposite sex to be attractive. Some women may love a beard. Men will oogle women in a totally different way. For me, I don't like it when my husband shaves his goatee, but others say he looks much better without it.

I don't think the hijab rule could really apply to a man, for them I think its all about actions.

In Islam, the hijab rule applies to both. They have to cover themselves from, at the very least, navel to knees. The beard is also a must (some don't agree... depends on your school of thought I guess).

They also have to lower their gaze and not mix unnecessarily with non related women as a part of modesty.

IMHO, the fact that some women find beards attractive is not a reason for men not to wear them.... some men find women in hijab attractive.... there are veil-fetish-perverts all over the web! :angry: but that doesn't mean women shouldn't wear it. (eta: the mad face is for the perverts not you lol)

Edited by Alhamdulillah

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

In Islam, the hijab rule applies to both. They have to cover themselves from, at the very least, navel to knees. The beard is also a must (some don't agree... depends on your school of thought I guess).

They also have to lower their gaze and not mix unnecessarily with non related women as a part of modesty.

IMHO, the fact that some women find beards attractive is not a reason for men not to wear them.... some men find women in hijab attractive.... there are veil-fetish-perverts all over the web! :angry: but that doesn't mean women shouldn't wear it. (eta: the mad face is for the perverts not you lol)

So, why would the beard be considered a must? There are alot of muslim men who either dont know that or dont believe that and what happens if they dont have a beard? and surely all men should lower their gaze but unfortuneately that doesnt happen all that often. I cant stand seeing a man staring at a woman so hard that their eyeballs crawl out and follow her ! And it happens in all cultures and religions!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.