nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

inshaAllah in a few years then :)

Interesting publication from the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center (aka the Jordanian government) on the 500 most influencial muslims - http://www.rissc.jo/muslim500v-1L.pdf

Just started skimming it, but the beginning looks to be a decent introduction to islam and it's diversity. I'm a bit suprised to see Sh. Hamza Yusuf at 38 - I know he's big in america (or at least in the circles I run with) - but wasn't aware he had much worldwide influence. Sadly no women in the top 50, but inshaAllah we're making headroads.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Interesting publication from the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Center (aka the Jordanian government) on the 500 most influencial muslims - http://www.rissc.jo/muslim500v-1L.pdf

Just started skimming it, but the beginning looks to be a decent introduction to islam and it's diversity. I'm a bit suprised to see Sh. Hamza Yusuf at 38 - I know he's big in america (or at least in the circles I run with) - but wasn't aware he had much worldwide influence. Sadly no women in the top 50, but inshaAllah we're making headroads.

I would love to see a publication or tv series of just the positive and good things Muslims do. About people who make a difference and are MUslim. Only good things to bring to the world a different prospective because all the propaganda on TV hurts us. I would love that.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Timeline

Meh, doing good in our local communities, volunteering, being good neighbors will inshaAllah provide a better image than television ever will.

Fresh muzlimlolz just in time for Dhul Hijja starting tomorrow

129029591902939651.jpg

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I saw that list too. It was really cool reading some of the bios. As for Hamza Yusuf, he actually has done (not sure if now) at least one show on some Middle Eastern Channel called "Rihla" or something. One time before I was Muslim, I mentioned him to one of my Saudi friends online, he said something like Oh! Hamza Yusuf! He's does a show here, and he speaks Arabic very well and knows a lot about Islam.

He was surprised that I knew who he was. Lol.

02/11/09 Married

11/02/09 Sent I-130

11/09/09 NOA1 (received 11/13/09)

11/10/09 Check Cashed

11/13/09 *Touch*

2/10/10 NOA2 (text and email)

Timeline

Ooo, check out these hijab worthy workout clothes. *pokes pudge* I think it may be time to break out the running shoes again. If I actually kept up with my training, I could be running a marathon right now. Instead, I'm wallowing in pudge *sigh*

I wonder how breathable viscose fabric is. I think it's like rayon. However, an all black outfit for running is not a smart idea. The track suit is cotton, which isn't too good at wicking away sweat. Ah well, it's a start

1F981999-6637-42DF-B0C7-4636FF3DEE60.jpg5AE9E9AA-F76F-4025-A998-722F0B8CA9C0.jpg

I'll probably order this sport's hijab, although I would have to get black, as the brown wouldn't match my work out clothes. I just can't imagine being out on a long run with a black scarf would be too much fun though :(

irhal.jpg

Ooo, check out these hijab worthy workout clothes. *pokes pudge* I think it may be time to break out the running shoes again. If I actually kept up with my training, I could be running a marathon right now. Instead, I'm wallowing in pudge *sigh*

I wonder how breathable viscose fabric is. I think it's like rayon. However, an all black outfit for running is not a smart idea. The track suit is cotton, which isn't too good at wicking away sweat. Ah well, it's a start

1F981999-6637-42DF-B0C7-4636FF3DEE60.jpg5AE9E9AA-F76F-4025-A998-722F0B8CA9C0.jpg

I'll probably order this sport's hijab, although I would have to get black, as the brown wouldn't match my work out clothes. I just can't imagine being out on a long run with a black scarf would be too much fun though :(

Depending on the length of one's hair, ponytail, skull cap, baseball cap, etc, or any combo of such items could do the trick. If it's cold, a winter hat, etc. for outdoor running.

Timeline

Oh believe me, I've tried just about everything in the way of a makeshift sports hijab. I've (attempted) to create a turtleneck sports shirt by sewing part of a buff to the neck, then when I remembered that I suck at sewing, I settled for just pinning it to the neck and then to the visor buff just slipped on my head. Alas, not very practical or throw on and go ready. The fabric was fabulous, so if we could just get some sports hijabs made out of that fabric, I'd be in heaven.

irhal.jpg

Timeline

It's hajj season, which means the hajjis are pouring into the City of Light, Medina al-Munawwarah.

Al-Miskeenah lives there and takes pictures year round, but those during hajj season are always my favorite. There's such a diversity of people all coming together for one purpose and it's just awesome. Also, she'll occasionally take pictures of Medinan kitties for me :luv: Here's the most recent sweet feline:

madinah-streets-haj1430g.jpg

And for your listening enjoyment, Imam Zaid talks about the virtures of the first 10 days of Dhull Hijja that we're in right now -

Edited by UmmSqueakster

irhal.jpg

Timeline

Thanksgiving and the Day of Arafat are Thursday. If possible, delay your thanksgiving feast until dinner time, because fasting on that day is huuuuge:

It was reported from Abu Qutadah (ra) that the Messenger of Allaah (saws) was asked about fasting on the Day of Arafah. He said, 'It expiates for the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.' (Muslim)

irhal.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Palestine
Timeline
Thanksgiving and the Day of Arafat are Thursday. If possible, delay your thanksgiving feast until dinner time, because fasting on that day is huuuuge:

Not at our house. It's a tradition we eat right before the football game! We love us some turkey and ham!!

How' 'bout them Dallas Cowboys!! :star::dance:

Palestine the world's largest open air prison

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It was reported from Abu Qutadah (ra) that the Messenger of Allaah (saws) was asked about fasting on the Day of Arafah. He said, 'It expiates for the sins of the previous year and of the coming year.' (Muslim)

I know....inshallah. It's hard when you have non-muslim relatives and some coming up for just the day. Inshallah I will fast as much of the day as possible. Happy early Eid al adha brothers and sisters!

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have an unrelated question. Is it true that Muslims can lie to their wives, non-believers and in defense of Islam?? My husband says this is incorrect but I have heard it from several different sources and it REALLY bothers me.

Betsy El Sum

I have an unrelated question. Is it true that Muslims can lie to their wives, non-believers and in defense of Islam?? My husband says this is incorrect but I have heard it from several different sources and it REALLY bothers me.

I'd like to know the answer to that one too Sis.

But in my case, I look at the man/my "husband" , not his religion!!! Know what I mean Jelly bean? Hugs!!!

Edited by Paris Heart

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yeah sure I know what you mean. Like I said, it's not that I don't believe hubby. It's just that I want to hear what the Islam experts think!!

Betsy El Sum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.