nunyab

Muslims

2,650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Have I ever mentioned how much I loooove gulf style abayas? Check these out - http://alsundus.stores.yahoo.net/outerwear.html

alsundus_2063_949518.jpg

alsundus_2063_9744241.jpg

alsundus_2063_41509745.jpg

alsundus_2063_42114162.jpg

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Have I ever mentioned how much I loooove gulf style abayas? Check these out - http://alsundus.stores.yahoo.net/outerwear.html

alsundus_2063_949518.jpg

alsundus_2063_9744241.jpg

alsundus_2063_41509745.jpg

alsundus_2063_42114162.jpg

i bought an abaya from there when i was in Washington. They are so nice! And the prices not bad either! Hubby almost had a fit til I told him to MYOB cause it was my vacation money! LOL

Edited by Turia

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Has anyone ordered from this website? I have read a few blogs from people that ordered from them and were pleased. The prices are very reasonable.

www.Eastessence.com

Meriem (F)

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

Ooo, which one? Post pic, post pic!

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline
Ooo, which one? Post pic, post pic!

I will have to take a pic of it later cause I went to their house and bought it, its not on the website! But it is purty!!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
THIS is so cute and looks very light for the summer. Perfect for if you wear a tank top at home and then if you have to go run a quick errand just throw this on and go! I just can't decide what color to buy though :(

I'm returning this shirt btw. It's the type of material that just kind of sticks to you and makes you wicked hot. Like I need that!!! I'm mrs. hotflash2009!!!! I normally wear the lightest of cotton all year round. Oh well it was cute while it lasted. I just HATE bringing things to the post office to return them 'cause I'm lazy.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline

okay, silly question here... are womens feet considered part of their awra? and are you supposed to cover your feet when you're in the masjid, or when you're praying? because apparently if so, i did not get the memo. and it would explain why i was getting the beady eye from some Salafi sisters at the last halaqa i went to. :blink::blush:

Timeline
okay, silly question here... are womens feet considered part of their awra? and are you supposed to cover your feet when you're in the masjid, or when you're praying? because apparently if so, i did not get the memo. and it would explain why i was getting the beady eye from some Salafi sisters at the last halaqa i went to. :blink::blush:

lol! I got the *look* once from a few older moroccan woman when I didn't wear socks. I think this has been argued back and forth so I just suck it up and wear the socks at the masjid and not at home. The way I figure it why would I want to put my feet on a rug that everyone else's stinky feet have been on anyways so socks are good. :thumbs: Someone else I'm sure will give the official standing but I've read a lot about it and it seems like it's 50/50 in terms of being sockless during salat.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

lol! I got the *look* once from a few older moroccan woman when I didn't wear socks. I think this has been argued back and forth so I just suck it up and wear the socks at the masjid and not at home. The way I figure it why would I want to put my feet on a rug that everyone else's stinky feet have been on anyways so socks are good. :thumbs: Someone else I'm sure will give the official standing but I've read a lot about it and it seems like it's 50/50 in terms of being sockless during salat.

I usually wear socks when I go to the masjid and depending if im wearing them at the time or not at home. My question is open toed shoes outside? When im out and about I see sisters wearing close toed shoes and some wearing open toed... your opinion?

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline

I usually wear socks when I go to the masjid and depending if im wearing them at the time or not at home. My question is open toed shoes outside? When im out and about I see sisters wearing close toed shoes and some wearing open toed... your opinion?

My opinion isn't Islamic. Maybe they just have nasty feet, you know? :) I'm probably the worst to ask at this since I am famous for going barefoot whenever I get the chance. I'm sure Umm Squeakster or someone else will have the answers but I have seen some loooooong arguments either way on different Islamic message boards. Who knew feet were such a hot topic? lol

Timeline

Did somebody say my name :luv:

It is one of the position of the hanafis that women do not have to cover their feet during salat (there is a difference amongst hanafi scholars), and the position of the other 3 schools that they should.

Hanafi Answer on permissibility of not covering feet

Hanafi Answer discussing difference of opinions

Shafi'i Answer

General opinion that discusses the hadith

irhal.jpg

Timeline

Ah, thank you UmmSqueak! I guess I will suck it up and wear socks to the masjid. I wear open-toed shoes and sandals all the time, though (and saw a lot of women in Egypt doing the same?) so it's kinda weird :)

Timeline
If you really like abayas, look for abayas from Dubai. Sure, they're on the pricier side, but they are definately lady-like, stylish, and so don't look like sacks.

I found some after you said ababyas from Dubai. I normally do not wear things like this but would like something nice to wear when I visit the mosque without having to scrap the bottom of my closet to find something I am not satisfied with. Thanks for the idea.

Timeline

This is strange you wrote this. I was just reading up on it Friday evening. I was getting two conflicting answers and it must be like Umm suggested.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.