SpiritAlight

Don't you love it when...

874 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I got a nibble on one of the resumes that I sent out. I've only been invited for a phone interview. I wonder if I can turn that into a face-to-face one. In Bermuda, I'd just invite the recruiter to lunch but I'm not so sure that's appropriate here in the US.

~ Catherine

A phone interview is definitely a good sign! The last job i got started with a phone interview. Usually it means they just want to hear you speak and then they'll invite you to meet with the people in the department/division.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I know this is no big whoop, but while I'm waiting for the interview to arrive, it's the most exciting thing to me right now. I decided to go back to school after 20 freakin' years to finish my business degree. It started last week. Earlier this week, I got my first assignment back and got 100%. As if I wasn't excited enough about that, I took my first test yesterday and just saw that I got another 100%. Woohoo!! And I thought I was too old to do this. :rolleyes:

Timeline

Good news both BermyCat and SomberCat. Keeping my fingers crossed for both of you!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I know this is no big whoop, but while I'm waiting for the interview to arrive, it's the most exciting thing to me right now. I decided to go back to school after 20 freakin' years to finish my business degree. It started last week. Earlier this week, I got my first assignment back and got 100%. As if I wasn't excited enough about that, I took my first test yesterday and just saw that I got another 100%. Woohoo!! And I thought I was too old to do this. :rolleyes:

That's awesome, good job! :star:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

So my good news is that even though Passport Canada screwed up and I'll only get my passport on Monday or Tuesday of next week, I have my medical scheduled at Medysis for next Friday and on Monday I am sending in the checklist and DS-230 to get my interview date. YAY! It's been a very busy morning....OH! and my Custom House accounts are all set up as of this morning as well. BONUS!

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!

Timeline

Sounds like things are right on track! Good luck :)

I am just happy that I've started networking/job searching and am feeling really good about it. My instincts are telling me that I'm on the right track. My resume is looking good, 2 recruiters have my resume and I've made about 4 connections at different agencies. I haven't sent out any more cold resumes yet, I'm waiting until I'm closer to the EAD... but I'm just really happy with the networking so far. Once I get my EAD and I'm full force job hunting I think I'll be in good shape. I think my career and the city I moved to is the perfect combination.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline

That's awesome!

You're never too old to go back to school. My grandmother got her BA when she was in her 50s. She had been a teacher since she was 20 but then the rules changed. A degree was required to teach. She dedicated her life to teaching. When she was in her 80s, she was given an honourary PhD in education.

~ Catherine

Timeline

MORE GOOD NEWS! Well the first part starts off not so good....lol....my fiance did lose his job but I ended up finding him a posting for a new job in the film industry which is his field and they called him back IMMEDIATELY and want him for not a one hour interview but TWO HOURS because they are SO interested in him. The interview is Monday and I'm so happy. Being laid off on a Friday and having an awesome interview that next Monday is not the easiest thing to come by so thank god for that.

The next piece of good news is that I will be participating in a horror documentary. A girl I know is filming an independent documentary on women in horror movies and wants opinions and round table discussions done solely by women horror fans.....SO FRIGGIN' AWESOME. I'm a horror freak! HAHA!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
MORE GOOD NEWS! Well the first part starts off not so good....lol....my fiance did lose his job but I ended up finding him a posting for a new job in the film industry which is his field and they called him back IMMEDIATELY and want him for not a one hour interview but TWO HOURS because they are SO interested in him. The interview is Monday and I'm so happy. Being laid off on a Friday and having an awesome interview that next Monday is not the easiest thing to come by so thank god for that.

The next piece of good news is that I will be participating in a horror documentary. A girl I know is filming an independent documentary on women in horror movies and wants opinions and round table discussions done solely by women horror fans.....SO FRIGGIN' AWESOME. I'm a horror freak! HAHA!

That's amazing news, congrats!

Sept.09/06 Married!!!

Dec.21/06 Sent I-130

Jan.04/04 Received NOA1

Feb.23/06 Sent I-129F

March06/06 USCIS Website States: "Approval Notice Sent."

March15/07 Approval notice arrives in snail mail

March 18/07 NOA1 for I-129F

April 10/07 DS-3032+ AOS fee arrive

April 17/07 Sent back DS-3032 + AOS fee via overnight delivery

May 05/07 AOS arrives in mail

May 07/07 IV bill arrives in mail

May 08/08 Sent back IV bill

May 21 NVC generates DS-230

June 4/07 Mailed DS-230 via overnight delivery.

June 7/07 DS-230 entered into the system

June 18/07 Case Complete!

July 25/07 Medical

September 4/07 Contacted State Senator Re: MTL backlog

Dec.6/07 INTERVIEW..... APPROVED!!!! (After being kept awake all night in dirty clothes standing outside my hotel because Air Canada lost my luggage and my hotel started on fire. Meh, sleep is highly over-rated anyways.)

Dec.18/07 Moved to the US

Oct. 29/09 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly"

Timeline

I meant to post this this morning but got sidetracked . . .

I was out for a walk last evening. At the bottom of the street next to ours there is a nature trail. A few nights ago when I was walking, in the back yard of the house next to the nature trail there was a good sized, healthy looking deer. I thought at first it was a statue until it turned and jumped away with its white tail in the air. Well, that was pretty cool, I thought :). Yesterday, I went into a parkette that goes behind the houses that border the nature trail. It is nice and quiet back there. I saw a number of rabbits and then when I turned a corner about 50 feet in front of me was a young deer - older than a fawn but not an adult. It saw me and turned to face me and we both watched each other for a while. I slowly walked on and turned back around the corner and the deer watched me the whole time without running away. It was one of those nice, special moments when you feel at peace with nature. This area has become so built up recently, but it is nice to know that wildlife like deer are still around. There is lots of kudzu for them to eat as well!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Some of you know that my hubby has decided to go back to school, as there are no jobs in his field in our area. The college had told him to get a GED because it would be quicker than getting his Canadian transcript and having it evaluated. Well, we got some good advice here on VJ (companies to evaluate transcripts, etc.) and hubby had started the process of getting his records from Canada .... when he talked to someone at the college who told him that he may qualify for admission under this certain act from the department of education. If he qualified, he would not have to get his Canadian records nor would he have to take the GED (which is not until the end of August in our area). So, he took this exam yesterday and ROCKED IT!!! So, now it is just a matter of getting financial aid. We just filled out that worksheet online a few minutes ago. I am so excited that this might come together for him!!!

The funniest thing about the exam: hubby had to write an essay that was graded by a computer. He did well, except it took off points for spelling errors. He realized after he was done that he did not use American spelling of words, and that is why the computer marked him off! Cheque instead of check, labour instead of labor, etc. :lol:

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
...driving at Mach 2 (the over 900 miles from FLA to CHI) and every cop passed is busy giving a ticket to another driver.

YESSS!

B)

...not recognizing "home" due to the fullness and lushness of the trees and other plants.

I need to reorient myself to the neighbourhood(s).

Gotta love Spring in Wintery places.

:star:

:thumbs: that's pretty great.

Mine:

You find your "lost" iPod in a jacket you haven't worn in over a year. :huh:

WOW, ya know, the same thing happened to me!!!!!! Well, ok, it was not an I-pod I found in the jacket. it was my part time girlfriend. She was just hanging there. I was so happy to find her. She was sagging here and there but I just pumped her back up, bit her on the #######, she flew out the window and I ain't seen her since. But I was happy for a little while. :dance: He he he :devil:

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Some of you know that my hubby has decided to go back to school, as there are no jobs in his field in our area. The college had told him to get a GED because it would be quicker than getting his Canadian transcript and having it evaluated. Well, we got some good advice here on VJ (companies to evaluate transcripts, etc.) and hubby had started the process of getting his records from Canada .... when he talked to someone at the college who told him that he may qualify for admission under this certain act from the department of education. If he qualified, he would not have to get his Canadian records nor would he have to take the GED (which is not until the end of August in our area). So, he took this exam yesterday and ROCKED IT!!! So, now it is just a matter of getting financial aid. We just filled out that worksheet online a few minutes ago. I am so excited that this might come together for him!!!

The funniest thing about the exam: hubby had to write an essay that was graded by a computer. He did well, except it took off points for spelling errors. He realized after he was done that he did not use American spelling of words, and that is why the computer marked him off! Cheque instead of check, labour instead of labor, etc. :lol:

Oh autumn, what exciting news!!! What is he interested in studying? What a wonderful opportunity this creates not having work. Sometimes things are just MEANT to be!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My hubby is doing the same thing! The only downside was we *had* to pay to have his Canadian transcripts from HS translated and evaluated before the technical school would admit him. Anywho, we got it done and he's been in school - totally online - since July 8 and he's doing awesome! He's taking Computer Information Systems (Associates Degree). He lost his FT position with the DNR but was offered PT which he took...and that ends in March. We're just so thankful that he qualified for the HOPE Grant here in Georgia which pays for his education.

Best of luck to your hubby. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

My hubby is doing the same thing! The only downside was we *had* to pay to have his Canadian transcripts from HS translated and evaluated before the technical school would admit him. Anywho, we got it done and he's been in school - totally online - since July 8 and he's doing awesome! He's taking Computer Information Systems (Associates Degree). He lost his FT position with the DNR but was offered PT which he took...and that ends in March. We're just so thankful that he qualified for the HOPE Grant here in Georgia which pays for his education.

Best of luck to your hubby. :)

Oh wow, that's great news as well! How long is his course? I would be nice if he finished that up prior to going PT, in hopes of finding something new around that same time! Awesome news about the HOPE grant as well! :thumbs:

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.