SpiritAlight

Don't you love it when...

874 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I just spent my last day in a long distance relationship. He'll be here tomorrow to spend a week with my family and I then we're off to Colorado together! :)

Awwww.... that's great!

Why does it seem that everyone else will be with their SO before I will be, but I'm the first with the "big" wedding? LOL Hmmmm....?????

Because I'm pushing my 90 days further than most! We'll see how that works out for me in August when I'm freaking out! I will be worth it in the end... I think...

But thanks guys! He's only a couple hours away, I'm getting giddy! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance planned a surprise honeymoon for us in Vegas! We're getting married Tuesday morning and leaving for Vegas for 8 days Tuesday afternoon!

Yay!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline
My fiance planned a surprise honeymoon for us in Vegas! We're getting married Tuesday morning and leaving for Vegas for 8 days Tuesday afternoon!

Yay!!

Aww that is SO exciting and sweet! Have fun!

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Don't you love it when you get to meet face to face with some of your Vj friends? Joe and I just had a lovely lunch with Bermycat (Catherine) and her husband Phil at one of our mutually favourite Indian restaurants, Swapna in North Atlanta. Good food, good conversation, good company - a most enjoyable get together:-). Catherine is just as nice in person as she is on line, too! (VBG!) and Phil is a sweetheart. They also make a great looking couple. Thanks Catherine - we will have to do this again!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
Don't you love it when you get to meet face to face with some of your Vj friends? Joe and I just had a lovely lunch with Bermycat (Catherine) and her husband Phil at one of our mutually favourite Indian restaurants, Swapna in North Atlanta. Good food, good conversation, good company - a most enjoyable get together:-). Catherine is just as nice in person as she is on line, too! (VBG!) and Phil is a sweetheart. They also make a great looking couple. Thanks Catherine - we will have to do this again!

*blush*

It was wonderful meeting the two of you also. The first thing I said to Phil when we were walking to the car is "She's just as nice in person as she is online." :yes:

~ Catherine

Filed: Other Timeline

"Don't you love it when".....AntandD's Good News:

After 10 months/291 days of frustration, stress, and everything else in between....

"AT LAST, I HAVE MY 10-YEAR (13-YEAR actually) GREEN CARD. WHAT A LONG JOURNEY, INDEED!!!"..... :lol:

For more information, read the following VJ post here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2999472

Ant (My I-751 Journey Ends, My Life Journey Continues....)

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

This is more of a "Holy ####### I am Lucky" event than good news, but:

Seaworld, Orlando. My husband and I have annual passes, so he insisted last week we go try out the new rollercoaster; the Manta. For those of you not in the know, this is the Manta:

And I have glasses.

Do you see where this is going?

Now, what ensued was totally my fault. A brain fart of colossal proportions heard 'round the world. I had never had issues with my glasses on any other thrill ride before, but then again, I had never been on a thrill ride that thought being vertical was an awesome idea, either.

Yes, they fell off. Right after the first loop.

My husband and I bolted for the attendant as soon as we were released from the ride -- well, he bolted, I tried to navigate haltingly with sonar because my eyes honestly are that bad. The attendant informed us without hesitation, completely deadpan, that they were shattered.

So my husband and I go onto the grass below the ride, heedless of the DO NOT GO ON GRASS signs, and spend the better part of an hour looking for my glasses. I know they're probably shattered, but my brain won't let me stop until I have the pieces in my hand. Five sympathetic SeaWorld employees were helping us look. We found sixteen other pairs of broken, expensive glasses, prescription and rayban. We found smashed cellphones. We found broken wallets and half of an iPhone. Yes, half. It wasn't looking good.

At this point one of the more elderly employees wanders over and asks where I thought I lost them. My answer is best described as vague. But he just nods and toddles off to a completely different area and returns five minutes later with my glasses.

Intact.

Not a scratch on them.

I think I almost hugged him to death.

First we went to the main office to thank all the employees and write a statement about how awesome they were.

And then we went to the Sharks Underwater Bar. For a while.

So, that was my good news. I think that may have used up whatever karma I had. Time to shake some babies and kiss some more hands, I guess.

"Your mom is in my head right now, and she's saying don't do that."

"For Sale. One Parachute . Used only once, never been opened. Small stain."

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay!!

How fun!!! That was so sweet of him! :)

This is more of a "Holy ####### I am Lucky" event than good news, but:

Seaworld, Orlando. My husband and I have annual passes, so he insisted last week we go try out the new rollercoaster; the Manta. For those of you not in the know, this is the Manta:

And I have glasses.

Do you see where this is going?

Now, what ensued was totally my fault. A brain fart of colossal proportions heard 'round the world. I had never had issues with my glasses on any other thrill ride before, but then again, I had never been on a thrill ride that thought being vertical was an awesome idea, either.

Yes, they fell off. Right after the first loop.

My husband and I bolted for the attendant as soon as we were released from the ride -- well, he bolted, I tried to navigate haltingly with sonar because my eyes honestly are that bad. The attendant informed us without hesitation, completely deadpan, that they were shattered.

So my husband and I go onto the grass below the ride, heedless of the DO NOT GO ON GRASS signs, and spend the better part of an hour looking for my glasses. I know they're probably shattered, but my brain won't let me stop until I have the pieces in my hand. Five sympathetic SeaWorld employees were helping us look. We found sixteen other pairs of broken, expensive glasses, prescription and rayban. We found smashed cellphones. We found broken wallets and half of an iPhone. Yes, half. It wasn't looking good.

At this point one of the more elderly employees wanders over and asks where I thought I lost them. My answer is best described as vague. But he just nods and toddles off to a completely different area and returns five minutes later with my glasses.

Intact.

Not a scratch on them.

I think I almost hugged him to death.

First we went to the main office to thank all the employees and write a statement about how awesome they were.

And then we went to the Sharks Underwater Bar. For a while.

So, that was my good news. I think that may have used up whatever karma I had. Time to shake some babies and kiss some more hands, I guess.

OMG... That IS good luck!!! Luck you!!! :)

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Why does it seem that everyone else will be with their SO before I will be, but I'm the first with the "big" wedding? LOL Hmmmm....?????

:lol::lol: That is true and you are the next one to get married (well now Sapphire is first, then you and Poprocks or the reverse)

June 22nd is not too far ...

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

:lol::lol: That is true and you are the next one to get married (well now Sapphire is first, then you and Poprocks or the reverse)

June 22nd is not too far ...

I know... my friends here keep reminding me! LOL I just can't believe everything is actually happening and the time is almost here! He proposed just about 1 year ago... June 14, 2008. *sigh* Such a lovely evening.... :blush:

Speaking of Sapphire getting married first... Hey, Sapphire... perhaps pics of the civil celebration??!! If not, then maybe your favorite pics from Vegas??

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Where is that list again? Where we had all the next weddings listed?

Needs to be updated now Sapphire is taking first place :lol:

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline

It's in the Wedding Details thread. But... here's the list.

June 9, 2009 - SapphireDreams Civil wedding

July (?), 2009 - PopRocks

July 17, 2009 - July09Bride

August 6, 2009 - HuggleBuggles

September 5, 2009 - Chadlaure

October 10, 2009 - Minnew

November 14, 2009- Hapycloud

August 21, 2010- Krikit's daughter

September 4, 2010 - JillA

September 25, 2010 - SapphireDreams Church wedding

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

Aww! Thats so nice! I love meeting people. :D

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Thanks July!!

Wow we're jumping almost a year between Nov. 2009 for Hapycloud and Aug. 2010 for Krikit's daughter

When are the ones who got their interview in July getting married??

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline

Thanks July!!

Wow we're jumping almost a year between Nov. 2009 for Hapycloud and Aug. 2010 for Krikit's daughter

When are the ones who got their interview in July getting married??

November 14, 2009 - Hapycloud

June (?), 2010 - Kristin & TorontoGuy Ceremonial wedding

August 21, 2010 - Krikit's daughter

That's all I could find... Kristin & TorontoGuy... none of the others have anything posted on their timelines.

Edited by July09Bride

Event Date

ROC

9/28/11 - Check cashed

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.