Mountain777

FEB. I-130 APPROVED ALREADY?... FOR AN IRAC SPOUSE???

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Fair or unfair, I don't think getting mad about other people getting approved does much for your case. How about getting mad that YOU have NOT yet been approved? The fact that someone from Iraq gets through in 2 weeks isn't what makes the process screwed up. The process is screwed up because the average tax-paying, law-abiding working slob (most of us) has to wait about a year for some a$$hole in a USCIS office somewhere to put his coffee and donut down long enough to yank our file off a shelf and do 15 minutes worth of work on it so that we can reunite with our loved ones.

And as for Iraq, I'd expect my wife would deserve expedited treatment, too, if she risked having her house blown up should her Japanese neighbors learn that she was married to an American.

I, thoroughly agree with the writer. I've always thought myself to be a fair-minded, we are all the same, kind of person. But, having said that, I'm becoming very angry that as Americans- with all the supposed inherent freedoms-we do not have more rights than the average illegal immigrant. Most of us on here try to be together with our spouses the legal and legitimate way, and our government is discussing amnesty for those that circumvent every aspect of the system. Now I know this is a different topic than that brought up by this writer, but it is indeed in the same vein. There are many of us on VJ that have spouses from allied countries that represent absolutely no danger to US citizens. We are waiting forever. Some of us have very extenuating circumstances and still are forced to wait to have the same rights as every average American married couple. Where are our rights to the pursuit of happiness? Do we not have them because we fell in love with someone from another nation? I do think that that approval was much too fast!!! There has got to be something we are unaware of in that case. I even wonder how they can do a proper background check so very quickly on someone from a country such as Iraq that is in such turmoil and I'm sure does not have the systems in place that we do to verify such information. I'm sorry, but I'm very sad and lonely for my very proper church of England husband. We have known each other for two years and have spent a total of five and one half months together. We have been fighting this system for a long time and it seems so endless. This is the world today-many good, honest people pay for what the few bad nuts do. I could go down the street and marry some criminal and it would be legal, but we've got to fight like hell to be with someone we just happened to fall in love with from another country. This is the last of my thoughts-I feel sure that the real frauds and terrorists get through our systems with ease because they know well how to do this. The rest of us just have to endure and live in hope.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are currently exercising the pursuit of happiness. The constitution does not guarantee the outcome of that pursuit, however.

I don't know what to say about cases that should be slam dunks but are delayed for seemingly no reason. There is simply no good reason for it. It sucks but that's the way it is.

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Certainly I believe that all of us here feel angry somehow when we see that someone from a country that has been a tread since the longest is getting more benefits than the rest of us. I'm not upset with the people from IRAQ but yes I'm upset with our government because they brag of being humanitarian and kind to the world but what about their own citizens?? we all here regardless the nation of our spouses are suffering and would like to see progress on our cases but what we get?? NOTHING there is no coordination no reliable workflow system.

080826-_EDSXyUxFY7L.jpg

Feliz con mi amor...

Ni la distancia ni el tiempo podran separar dos vidas determinadas a estar unidas...

Neither time nor distance can separate two lives that are destined to become one..

USCIS- VERMONT OFFICE

I-130 NOA 1 03/05/08

I-129f NOA 1 06/12/08

I-130 NOA2 12/14/08

I-129f NOA2 12/14/08

NVC

12/18/2008 Assigned Case number

12/22/2008 DS3032 and AOS bill generated

12/26/2008 Received INN by mail

12/26/2008 paid AOS bill

12/27/2008 sent DS3032 and I-864 package

12/29/2008 DS3032 choice of agent confirmation

12/29/2008 paid DS230

01/03/2009 sent DS230 package

01/07/2009 Complete Affidavit review and acceptance

01/12/2009 Case complete

04/13/2009 interview (approved)

K3 @ Embassy

sent to US embassy at SDO 12/19/08

received 12/23/08

interview date 04/22/09

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
It is prejudice and nothing more to suggest that all Iraqis are terrorists, and that's exactly what some people are stating in this thread.

And yes, Iraq was dangerous before. That doesn't get us out of responsibility for how dangerous it has become now. I'm not anti-war. But I recognize our responsibility in Iraq.

Anyway, I agree that it is the process that's screwed up.

And, anyone who can prove that their spouse is in danger can apply for an expedite. The process allows for it.

MsZ,

Judging from your style of writing... it sounds like you are a confused 16 year old girl.

I did not say that ALL Iraqi's are terrorists. Neither did anyone else in this thread (unless I overlooked something.) Don't write such stupidity... What prejudice? aaghh... GO and read again what was written... by me at least!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Calm down everyone. USCIS has posted recent changes in the policy and it states that beneficaries from both Afghanistan and Iraq will fall straight under the category of cases to be expedited without any expedite request. Seeing the grave condition of both countries, especially Iraq where on average 40 people die in bombings every day I strongly believe anyone applying from there has a right to be considered as a very serious case. Its only human that USCIS has considered this. I do know the frustration of waiting for ever over these petitions but the Iraqis do deserve special attention. I hope we all get approved soon.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow!! This is a RIDICULOUS post. How dare you use such allegations as to call out FSU like that. I think her husband is a refugee from some of her posts. A refugee of war....not sure. But to be upset about his name and being from the Middle East is crazy. Many people on here get approvals out of the normal timelines not just Iraqis. I think its a racist and prejudiced thing you did for placing this post and I hope VJ TOS removes it cause you are specifically calling out a fellow ( and nice) VJ member and basically suggesting her husband as a terriorist.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Calm down everyone. USCIS has posted recent changes in the policy and it states that beneficaries from both Afghanistan and Iraq will fall straight under the category of cases to be expedited without any expedite request. Seeing the grave condition of both countries, especially Iraq where on average 40 people die in bombings every day I strongly believe anyone applying from there has a right to be considered as a very serious case. Its only human that USCIS has considered this. I do know the frustration of waiting for ever over these petitions but the Iraqis do deserve special attention. I hope we all get approved soon.

Exactly and Rocketta stated this along time ago after getting her approval in 2 weeks. Its posted at travel.state.gov. There's many African countries that are under this same expedite. And GOOD FOR THEM. Not all people living in these war torn countries should be considered the inablers of the war. I mean seriously...there's way more U.S. military over there than Iraqis. And the total number death toll is crazy high on the Iraq side not the US side. A human being is a human being no matter what country they happen to be born in. And if there is a way to help a decent human being who cannot help themselves then we all should be for that.

It is prejudice and nothing more to suggest that all Iraqis are terrorists, and that's exactly what some people are stating in this thread.

And yes, Iraq was dangerous before. That doesn't get us out of responsibility for how dangerous it has become now. I'm not anti-war. But I recognize our responsibility in Iraq.

And, anyone who can prove that their spouse is in danger can apply for an expedite. The process allows for it.

MsZ,

Judging from your style of writing... it sounds like you are a confused 16 year old girl.

I did not say that ALL Iraqi's are terrorists. Neither did anyone else in this thread (unless I overlooked something.) Don't write such stupidity... What prejudice? aaghh... GO and read again what was written... by me at least!

Actually you specifically called out the name of FSU and her husband when making your point. So THAT was wrong on your part. If you wanted to make a general statement then why would you mention another fellow VJ'er and her specific case and even show links to it.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Exactly and Rocketta stated this along time ago after getting her approval in 2 weeks. Its posted at travel.state.gov. There's many African countries that are under this same expedite. And GOOD FOR THEM. Not all people living in these war torn countries should be considered the inablers of the war. I mean seriously...there's way more U.S. military over there than Iraqis. And the total number death toll is crazy high on the Iraq side not the US side. A human being is a human being no matter what country they happen to be born in. And if there is a way to help a decent human being who cannot help themselves then we all should be for that.

MsZ,

Actually you specifically called out the name of FSU and her husband when making your point. So THAT was wrong on your part. If you wanted to make a general statement then why would you mention another fellow VJ'er and her specific case and even show links to it.

I used their case as the example... since it was the case in front of me, and this subject. There is nothing wrong with that... nothing prejudice.. or hateful... or nazi... etc.

Timeline
Well I beg to differ. I dont think it was appropriate to use her case with the wording and dialogue you originally stated. I think she would be very hurt by that.

I agree 100% with you Marlita

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
HAS ANYONE READ THE THREAD WRITEN TODAY INTITLED: 'FEBRUARY 2008 I-130'?

READ THE POST SENT IN BY USER NAME: FSUmome ...THIS PERSON TELLS THAT HER I-130 FOR HER IRAC HUSBAND NO LESS... WAS APPROVED 42 DAYS LATER! READ CLEARLY... 42 DAYS!! SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER HUSBAND IN IRAC TO RECIEVE HIS INTERVIEW DATE. THEY SENT THEIR I-130 INTO THE VERMONT SERVICE CENTER FEB. 6TH 2008

HOW CAN THIS BE? ...BESIDES THE FACT THAT USCIS MUST WORK ON CASES IN ORDER RECIEVED.... THAT IS NOT HAPPENEING IS IT? THIS PERSON IS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST, NAMED 'AHMED'???? WHO MUST GO THROUGH MANY, MANY, MANY, MONTHS OF NAME CHECKS TO SEE IF HE IS IN ANY WAY RELATED TO ALQUIDA ETC... RIGHT? THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED EITHER! COULD NOT HAVE EVER IN 42 DAYS.

HERE IS A LINK TO THEIR TIMELINE: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=32429

I THINK WE ALL MUST START WRITING TO OUR CONGRESSMEN, GOVERNORS, PRESIDENTS, AND/OR TO THE LOCAL NEWS STATIONS AND ANYONE ELSE WE CAN FIND TO START MAKING THIS KNOWN THAT THIS IS HAPPENING AND IT IS NOT CORRECT OR FAIR.

C'mon you get a life, how can you judge a person like this, what about the mess we have created in iraq???

they all are not related to Al quida so dont pass your judgement like GOD.

My Timeline

- - - - -

USCIS Process

Nov 7th, 2007 Petition I-130 to NSC

Jan 22nd, 2008 recieved by CSC

Jan 28th, 2008 received NOA1

Apr 2nd, 2008 received NOA2

NVC Process

Apr 22th, 2008 recevied Case number(generated and sent on april 14th)

Apr 22th, 2008 recevied DS-3032/AOS Bill

Apr 24th, 2008 Sent AOS Bill to NVC

Apr 24th, 2008 emailed NVC for Choice of Agent.

May 2nd, 2008 email accepted for Choice of Agent

May 5th, 2008 Immigrant Visa Fee bill generated

May 8th, 2008 Got IIN and paid Immigrant visa bill Online

May 9th, 2008 packet of information generated

May 12th, 2008 AOS package sent to NVC

June 12th,2008 DS-230 received by NVC

June 16th,2008 DS-230 entered into system

June 19th,2008 Case complete..I am happy.

July 14th.2008 found out my interview date.....which is 5th august.

July 15th,2008 Case forwarded to New Delhi embassy.

July 22nd,2008 Medical Done.

July 25th,2008 VFS fee paid.

Aug 5th,2008 Visa Approved.

Aug 17th, 2008 expected POE.

Aug 27th, 2008 Social Security Number received.

Sep 7th, 2008 Green Card received.

May 22th, 2010 Filed i-751 to remove conditions.

May 30th, 2010 Received Notice of action

July 30th, 2010 Received Appointment letter for Biometrics

Sep 23th, 2010 Application Approved

Sep 28th, 2010 Green Card Received

Timeline
HAS ANYONE READ THE THREAD WRITEN TODAY INTITLED: 'FEBRUARY 2008 I-130'?

READ THE POST SENT IN BY USER NAME: FSUmome ...THIS PERSON TELLS THAT HER I-130 FOR HER IRAC HUSBAND NO LESS... WAS APPROVED 42 DAYS LATER! READ CLEARLY... 42 DAYS!! SHE IS NOW WAITING FOR HER HUSBAND IN IRAC TO RECIEVE HIS INTERVIEW DATE. THEY SENT THEIR I-130 INTO THE VERMONT SERVICE CENTER FEB. 6TH 2008

HOW CAN THIS BE? ...BESIDES THE FACT THAT USCIS MUST WORK ON CASES IN ORDER RECIEVED.... THAT IS NOT HAPPENEING IS IT? THIS PERSON IS FROM THE MIDDLE EAST, NAMED 'AHMED'???? WHO MUST GO THROUGH MANY, MANY, MANY, MONTHS OF NAME CHECKS TO SEE IF HE IS IN ANY WAY RELATED TO ALQUIDA ETC... RIGHT? THAT HAS NOT HAPPENED EITHER! COULD NOT HAVE EVER IN 42 DAYS.

HERE IS A LINK TO THEIR TIMELINE: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=32429

I THINK WE ALL MUST START WRITING TO OUR CONGRESSMEN, GOVERNORS, PRESIDENTS, AND/OR TO THE LOCAL NEWS STATIONS AND ANYONE ELSE WE CAN FIND TO START MAKING THIS KNOWN THAT THIS IS HAPPENING AND IT IS NOT CORRECT OR FAIR.

C'mon you get a life, how can you judge a person like this, what about the mess we have created in iraq???

they all are not related to Al quida so dont pass your judgement like GOD.

Yes I strongly agree with you all. That person and her husband from Iraq mentioned in this thread deserve a written apology from one who began this thread.

My Timeline

I-130:

NVC

I-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Unbelievable!! You go on about Iraqi ppl as IF u begin to know any. That Iraqi man is the husband of USC and she has equal rights to yours and mine!! If you don't like this policy the USA has made, then go to complain to Bush about it. Here in VJ all spouses, fiances, etc are the same... it is not USCIS that made that policy, it is your government. And get used to it, as they have fallen behind on approvals for Iraqis and have yet to approve something like 9,000 in the next few months!!!

Roza, Marlita, S AL, MsZ, Hyd,000 :luv: You are the cat's meow.

Edited by kitty loves moudi

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Unbelievable!! You go on about Iraqi ppl as IF u begin to know any. That Iraqi man is the husband of USC and she has equal rights to yours and mine!! If you don't like this policy the USA has made, then go to complain to Bush about it. Here in VJ all spouses, fiances, etc are the same... it is not USCIS that made that policy, it is your government. And get used to it, as they have fallen behind on approvals for Iraqis and have yet to approve something like 9,000 in the next few months!!!

Roza, Marlita, S AL, MsZ, Hyd,000 :luv: You are the cat's meow.

i totaly agree with kity.. if u r married to a us citizen spouse then in the US u r treated like one.. ppl need to move on with life and stop hating on other humans, i mean come on everyone is in this.. everyone is going thru a hard time.. deal with it.. if u dont like it here then move to ur foreign spouses country.. but being an american, you should treat eveyone equally..

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Mountain, I read what you wrote and the implication is clear. That it wasn't stated outright does not erase the motivation behind the posts. Using language that skirts what you are clearing implying does not change the implication. It is clear to most 16 year old girls and probably quite a few 13 year olds as well. Shall I ask my daughter her interpretation of what you wrote so we can get an actual 13 year old to call your post prejudiced? Then how would you insult her? Would you call her a 10 year old? Or maybe a 6 year old?

Sent I-130 to VT 25-Oct-2007

I-130 Moved to California 6-August-2008

My petition has been in 3 states (1, twice) in 9 months!

Rec'd by CSC 8/9, touched 8/11, 8/12, 8/15, 8/20, 8/25

Approved Tuesday, 25-August-2008

10 months since we mailed the petition

Rec'd NVC 9/3, Invoice Generated 9/10, DS-3032 emailed 9/11.

Rec'd AOS invoice 9/15, paid online 9/15, Accepted as Paid 9/18, mailed I-864EZ 9/19

IV Invoiced 9/18, paid online 9/19, Accepted as paid 9/22

DS-230 sent 10/2

Case complete @NVC 10/8 - 11 months, 1 week and 6 days

Interview in Montreal December 18, 2008 - scheduled 1 year, 1 week and 3 days after the start of our journey. Takes place 1 year, 1 month, 3 weeks and 2 days after the start...

[X] Passed [ ] Failed Interview

Thursday, April 2, 2009 Activated Visa - 1 year, 5 months, 1 week and 1 day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.