nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

Hi Mindmaster,

Would you mind sharing the list of documents that you sent along with your K-3(I-129F) application? I just want to prepare myself in advance so I can get my application ready..

Thanks!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k3guide

This link from the guides tells you the documents and how to assemble them for mailing.

4-29-08 - Mailed I-130 & I-129F together to CSC

CSC

I-130 I-129F

5-01-08 - NOA1 5-02-08 - NOA1

5-04-08 - Touched 5-06-08 - Touched

5-05-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail 5-08-08 - Rcvd NOA1 in mail

5-14-08 - Touched 5-14-08 - Touched

5-20-08 - Touched

5-29-08 - NOA2................................5-29-08 - NOA2

5-30-08 - Touched............................5-30-08 - Touched

6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy..........6-02-08 - Rcvd NOA2 hardcopy

NVC

6-05-08 - NVC rcvd, new # & IIN.......6-04-08 - NVC rcvd, new #

6-15-08 - NVC invoiced AOS..............6-09-08 - Shipped DHL to Bs. As.

6-15-08 - Paid AOS online..................6-11-08 - Dlvd to Embassy

6-15-08 - Sent DS-3032 email...........6-17-08 - Received e-mail Packet 3

6-17-08 - AOS shows PAID!!!............6-25-08 - Turnned in Packet 3

6-17-08 - Sent AOS pkg Fed Ex.........7-11-08 - Medical

6-23-08 - DS-3032 accepted..............8-14-08 - Interview!!!

6-26-08 - NVC says my I-864EZ is not original Signature (BS!!!)

6-28-08 - IV bill invoiced online.

7-01-08 - Paid IV Bill online

7-01-08 - Re-sent I-864EZ

7-02-08 - IV Bill show "Paid"

7-02-08 - NVC Received I-864EZ, again!!

7-03-08 - Sent DS-230 via FedEx.

7-03-08 - NVC recieves and enters new I-864EZ

7-07-08 - NVC receives and enters DS-230

7-16-08 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

8-14-08 - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

8-19-08 - POE, Washington DC.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

thank you so much KAHM...this was great...i am just wondering where these guys collect the data from....if this is accurate, i may have just made my decision according to the numbers i came up with...(unless my mind changes again in a few hours) :-)

I sent my application last week on Tuesday and I checked USPS website and my application was recieved on Thursday. When do you think I should expect my NOA 1 for I-130?

Hi,

Our I130 was received on 5/11 at Chicago Lock Box (on Sunday) and the notice date on the I-797C is 5/16. The hard copy of NOA1 was received in mail on 5/19. It took seven days to have the hard copy of NOA1 in hand and this is including the two weekends (4 days). If your petition is with CSC, you may receive your NOA1 by end of this week and am not sure about the other Service Centers.

Also, for K3, you can look over the guidelines for filing I129f. I believe it's only I129f form that needs to be submitted without any additional proof or fees. A link to the guidelines has been posted in one of the above posts....

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Timeline
Hi Mindmaster,

Would you mind sharing the list of documents that you sent along with your K-3(I-129F) application? I just want to prepare myself in advance so I can get my application ready..

Thanks!

Here is my list:

I-129F (K3)

Copy of NOA of I-130 petition

Copy of Naturalization certificate

Copy of Marriage Certificate

Copy of Two Affidavit of Marriage Certificate

G-325A for myself

G-325A for my wife

Photo for myself & my wife

I send it to Vermont Service Center. The address is as follow:

To Recipient Name: I-129F (K3) Petition

Company: USCIS Vermont Service Center

Recipient Address: 75 Lower Welden Street

City: Saint Albans State: VT zip: 05479-0001

Hope this helps everyone.

VSC

5/22/2008 - I-130 | 5/30/2008 - NOA1 | 1/22/2009 - NOA2

NVC

2/25/2009 - case completed

4/6/2009 - interview

4/21/2009 - POE/ Washington Dulles Airport

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
To quote Kramer when he was using the old set of the Merv Griffin show "..and we're back".

Thirdsjen, I may have been a little too quick with some statements earlier. If you were to look at your specific case as I did prior to losing the first draft of this, you may want to research this yourself. By filtering the K-3 and CR/IR-1 data by CSC and Philipines some interesting trends start to standout. The data I used has changed already as people are constantly updating their timelines.

The first 20 K-3 petitions that had an NOA-2 date filled in, produced 19 couples that had both 129F and 130 approval dates the same. Of these, 17 had/have an interview scheduled. The average from initial filing to interview was 239 days.

The first 25 CR/IR petitions with an approved petition, NOA-2 date, had only 9 couples with an interview date. The average time for these couples from filing to interview was 0.3333 days over one year (365.3333). I know for you ####### people out there with the leap year that it is actually 366 days this year.

Straight number crunching, no outliers, no standard deviations, just simple averages. I hope that anyone does not take this for anything other than what it is, a small piece of info at one specific time.

One more thing thirdsjen, ever wonder if all the people in Laguna Niguel are all Clipper fans?

hi Longbranch! I have done that timeline search over and over. I keep coming up with the same thing. K3 are getting through faster in Manila than CR1.. so why the heck have i still not filed? don't know. indecision. one of my weaknessess..

but thank you so much for your input! i just need assurances, that's all.. haha.. insecure too! i'll file the K3 monday. everything in the Philippines just takes a little bit more time than the usual. don't know.. the culture maybe.. look at me.. i take my time! :wacko:

if they were all Clipper fans, then nobody would have gotten any approvals at all!! :lol:

OK young lady. here's your chance to call your shot, Lakers in 4? I hope it goes 7 as I need something to take my attention away from this ####### process. Only 92 days until the NFL kicks off. Luckily I'll be back to China in 87 days.

hahaha.. i want to say Lakers in 4 but I'll go with Lakers in 5.. just want the month of June to go by a little faster.. IT STARTS TOMORROW!!! and i'm off! even better!!

I will be in the Philippines around the start of the Olympics.. so close yet so far away.. no way can I see the Olympics. Too expensive! i've always wanted to go to China. don't know why I haven't. Hong Kong doesn't count. Did you know my grandma climb the Great Wall 2 years ago and I haven't?? ridiculous..

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

Timeline
Hi Mindmaster,

Thanks!

Here is my list:

I-129F (K3)

Copy of NOA of I-130 petition

Copy of Naturalization certificate

Copy of Marriage Certificate

Copy of Two Affidavit of Marriage Certificate

G-325A for myself

G-325A for my wife

Photo for myself & my wife

I send it to Vermont Service Center. The address is as follow:

To Recipient Name: I-129F (K3) Petition

Company: USCIS Vermont Service Center

Recipient Address: 75 Lower Welden Street

City: Saint Albans State: VT zip: 05479-0001

Hope this helps everyone.

Thank you mindmaster for providing with accurate information.

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I guess that I will start giving my info, as I am a May filer. I got my first NOA1 on May 9. I am an I-129f filer at VSC. Things are looking better now than they have the past 4 years, timewise. I have been dating Ukranian girls, looking for the right one. What a journey. At times I feel like an expert on international travel and immigration. My passport has been stamped more than Paris Hilton's ###. One of my friends is thinking of getting engaged to a girl from Belarus. I travel to Ukraine every 3 months to see my fiancee. We had a wedding ceremony on May 10th for her family. What a party. The vodka flowed heavy. I had to stay straight, not unlike New Years there. Never, ever think that you can out-drink a Ukranian. I have grown tired of all of the travel and look forward to her being stateside. I will still visit 2 or 3 times a year, but I will wake up next to her the when I am stateside too. The embassy in Kiev seems to have their ####### together and if we are lucky and Vermont keeps it up, we could possibly have the interview in August. I have told Julia that it could be Sept. or Oct. I do not want to get her hopes up. Too bad our goverment officials do not work like the ones in Ukraine. A couple hundred Hgrivna and I could have it all done in a week. The price we pay for living here. Here is to good luck for everyone on their journey, and hopefully no speed bumps in the road, especially me.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
hahaha.. i want to say Lakers in 4 but I'll go with Lakers in 5.. just want the month of June to go by a little faster.. IT STARTS TOMORROW!!! and i'm off! even better!!

I will be in the Philippines around the start of the Olympics.. so close yet so far away.. no way can I see the Olympics. Too expensive! i've always wanted to go to China. don't know why I haven't. Hong Kong doesn't count. Did you know my grandma climb the Great Wall 2 years ago and I haven't?? ridiculous..

I guess that in the big circle of life it truely is ironic. I have always wanted to go to Bataan but never have. I am still hopeful that we will get to see many shots of Bill Walton and his current wife. Just makes me laugh every time they are on camera.

Hong Kong definately counts as a classic party spot though. A little Jim Rome "Classic".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I guess that I will start giving my info, as I am a May filer. I got my first NOA1 on May 9. I am an I-129f filer at VSC. Things are looking better now than they have the past 4 years, timewise. I have been dating Ukranian girls, looking for the right one. What a journey. At times I feel like an expert on international travel and immigration. My passport has been stamped more than Paris Hilton's ###. One of my friends is thinking of getting engaged to a girl from Belarus. I travel to Ukraine every 3 months to see my fiancee. We had a wedding ceremony on May 10th for her family. What a party. The vodka flowed heavy. I had to stay straight, not unlike New Years there. Never, ever think that you can out-drink a Ukranian. I have grown tired of all of the travel and look forward to her being stateside. I will still visit 2 or 3 times a year, but I will wake up next to her the when I am stateside too. The embassy in Kiev seems to have their ####### together and if we are lucky and Vermont keeps it up, we could possibly have the interview in August. I have told Julia that it could be Sept. or Oct. I do not want to get her hopes up. Too bad our goverment officials do not work like the ones in Ukraine. A couple hundred Hgrivna and I could have it all done in a week. The price we pay for living here. Here is to good luck for everyone on their journey, and hopefully no speed bumps in the road, especially me.

Welcome to May filers.... I love the Paris Hilton's ##s comment.. lol. I had to send my passport in to get my name change. I really felt sad cause it had all my stamps in it. And I feel a little naked without it. Weird :whistle:

Oh and yeah... sent the I129f today... insha'allah things will pick up for us.

Timeline

hi guys,

i think i have made a tiny mistake on my form I-130. i dont know if this is a tiny mistake or a blunder. on question 17, i listed none instead of writing my name as the husband. do you think that would cause an issue?

i am worried :-(

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hi guys,

i think i have made a tiny mistake on my form I-130. i dont know if this is a tiny mistake or a blunder. on question 17, i listed none instead of writing my name as the husband. do you think that would cause an issue?

That's a weird one. Yes it might cause an RFE...maybe under the category of incomplete form.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline
hi guys,

That's a weird one. Yes it might cause an RFE...maybe under the category of incomplete form.

do you suggest i send in the form again outlining my error or wait until i get a RFE? i still havent recieved the darn NOA1. i feel like kicking myself :-(

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
hi guys,

do you suggest i send in the form again outlining my error or wait until i get a RFE? i still havent recieved the darn NOA1. i feel like kicking myself :-(

You have not received the NOA1 yet? I should be a little suspicious if I were you. I think you should call USCIS and speak to someone there. Tell them your problem and ask them what is to be done now.

I don't trust the USCIS and the RFEs to be honest. We had filed our petition back in January and then found out that we had not included a marriage license. Even though we had registered our marriage but then the USCIS did not send an RFE and here we are...refiling the whole case and waiting for the fugly NOA2. Check with USCIS please.

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline
hi guys,

You have not received the NOA1 yet? I should be a little suspicious if I were you. I think you should call USCIS and speak to someone there. Tell them your problem and ask them what is to be done now.

I don't trust the USCIS and the RFEs to be honest. We had filed our petition back in January and then found out that we had not included a marriage license. Even though we had registered our marriage but then the USCIS did not send an RFE and here we are...refiling the whole case and waiting for the fugly NOA2. Check with USCIS please.

you know, its really weird. i had sent in the application on tuesday last week. the USPS website does indicate that the application was received on thursday last week. i had opted for a return receipt which i never recieved till date. the check hasnt been cashed. so i dont have a case number or anything. its starting to worry me now as i am seeing others getting their NOA1s in like 3 days or 5 days and here i am waiting for a week. i would rather correct my mistake and send in the corrected form now then to find out later and get my case delayed for months.

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline
hi guys,

Question 17 (Information about your alien relative (continued)) if you are the petitioner (husband) than you should put your wife name here and not yours. In my opinion if you put your name here then i think the beneficiary name on NOA1 would be your and not your wife. I mentioned it my earlier post about this typo on a vj sample I-130. Some people have mentioned that the beneficiary name on NOA1 were reversed. I think it is due to the fact that they followed vj sample I-130.

I was about to make this mistake too but upon a close scrutiny I read "Information about your alien relative (continued) several times to clear my reasoning that it is about beneficiary and not about the petitioner information.

My advise is to give 15 days for NOA1 to arrive and see who the beneficiary is. And stop worrying it does not solve any things. Keep yourself calm and explore your options.

Sorry to hear about your case.

VSC

5/22/2008 - I-130 | 5/30/2008 - NOA1 | 1/22/2009 - NOA2

NVC

2/25/2009 - case completed

4/6/2009 - interview

4/21/2009 - POE/ Washington Dulles Airport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.