nunyab

May 2008 Filers

1,029 posts in this topic

hi everybody! was gonna mail the I-129F today, but guess what? it's going to be put on hold again.. AGAIN! back in '04, hubby only had 3 or 4 major subjects then he could graduate with a bachelor's in public administration. but, like the service centers here in the united states, put all of that on hold. SO NOW THAT HE IS ALMOST HERE, he decided to finish that stupid thing!!! so if I send the k3 and we get approved, how is he to finish the degree?? we have to stay with CR1!!! but he told me he'll let me know later in the day what route we are definitely going with..

he is as indecisive as me!!

KAHM, welcome to the club!

If he only has 3 or 4 more subjects, he could just wait and finish it here in the United States. If he has been waiting since 04 to make this decision, what is a little longer. But if hewants to finish it there, the CR1 is probably better for you.

he really wasn't waiting. he just got tired of it and did a whole bunch of other things.. but the consulate is in Manila. things take forever there.. so maybe we still have time even if I file for K3. average for K3 is like 200 something days.. CR1 is 355 plus days..

:thumbs: Hi to all the May Filers! Just wanted to stop by and add myself to this group. We sent in the packet on May 17th, received on May 19th and May 29th the NOA-1 was sent out for both the I-130 and I-485. I guess this just means the waiting begins? :( Oh well, at least we're in line. :thumbs: Will keep you posted!!!

hello laybar! welcome to the April/May filers thread.. will add your name to the tracker. you can view it in my signature..

Edited by thirdsjen

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome, nightsurf! you gonna stay with the CR1 petition?

Thanks for your welcome thirdsjen. We'll be sticking with CR1 since my wife is not ready to move here yet. She also have a multiple entry visa so she can come visit here anytime :yes:, but I'd rather visit her there.. there's no place like PI B)

:ot: Nice wedding AVP, I remember shooting our pre-nup video and it was so tiring! Now I know how hard it is to become a model :lol:

05/01/08 - Mailed I-130

05/04/08- I-130 delivered

05/08/08 - NOA1

05/09/08 - check cashed

05/15/08 - touched

07/14/08 - I-130 approval email notice received

07/19/08 - received NOA2 hard copy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
:thumbs: Hi to all the May Filers! Just wanted to stop by and add myself to this group. We sent in the packet on May 17th, received on May 19th and May 29th the NOA-1 was sent out for both the I-130 and I-485. I guess this just means the waiting begins? :( Oh well, at least we're in line. :thumbs: Will keep you posted!!!

I-485??? why did u file that already?

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

welcome, nightsurf! you gonna stay with the CR1 petition?

Thanks for your welcome thirdsjen. We'll be sticking with CR1 since my wife is not ready to move here yet. She also have a multiple entry visa so she can come visit here anytime :yes:, but I'd rather visit her there.. there's no place like PI B)

:ot: Nice wedding AVP, I remember shooting our pre-nup video and it was so tiring! Now I know how hard it is to become a model :lol:

lucky her she has a multiple entry.. lucky you too!! no fair! but stick with CR1 if you can. it's the way better visa. i'm still in the debating stage..

haha.. being a model IS hard.. so freakin self conscious. haha! i look like a retard (in my opinion anyway.) that was only a couple of days after i arrived. you can just see stress written all over my face.. not to mention jet lag..

I-485??? why did u file that already?

maybe because the spouse is here already :help: .. correct me if i'm wrong, ya'll...

I-130 Timeline:

5/13 : NOA1

7/21 : NOA2 - APPROVED!!!

NVC Timeline:

7/25 : Case # assigned

9/30 : Case completed!!!! (THANK YOU, LORD!!!)

10/03: Interview date assigned

US Embassy in Manila:

10/30 : Paid Document Verification (just to be on the safe side)

11/12 - 11/13 : Medical at SLEC

11/18: INTERVIEW DATE/MANILA EMBASSY/0630AM - VISA APPROVED!

11/20 : Visa in hand! (that was fast!)

11/30 : Flight to USA!

Life in America:

11/30 : POE:LAX

12/04 : SSN issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

12/04 : "Green Card" issued - 12/13: card received in the mail

NOVEMBER 30, 2010 : CR1 expires

Timeline

hello all,

can anyone please outline the required documents for filing 1-129F for K3?

Thanks,

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi Rajaa

just passing by to let you know i recieved my transcripts today? not bad it only took 3 days

how about you?

uuugghhh you will not believe this... or you will who knows, but I haven't been getting my mail lately??? I live in an appartment complex and haven't been getting any mail??? I don't think it's been stolen my net flix just has been sent back. I left a note in the box for my postal person cause i didn't want to miss out on my new social security care (married name) and passport AND the tax transcripts... so now you're saying 3 days??? I haven't gotten mail in a week?????

I sooooo am having issues these days

Timeline

Ok.. so I did what you guys suggested and looked at the consulate in Morocco based on the "portal" time lines and CSC's. So get this... the last CR1 app that got approved since early 2007 is a case that was filed 5/31/2007 and they just got their interview for 6/25/2008.

I have to say this.... I 've got the I129f already now... the time lines (and alot more data) that are still waiting but they're looking @ 9 months instead over a year??? Plus.. if i send the I129f and the CR1 gets approved than no worries....if the K3 goes faster than... no worries. I don't think I have anything to lose right now.

I'll let you know.

Timeline

Received NOA1 today. Have I-129F (K3) ready to mail tomorrow. Seeking advice, suggestions & comments.

Thanks

VSC

5/22/2008 - I-130 | 5/30/2008 - NOA1 | 1/22/2009 - NOA2

NVC

2/25/2009 - case completed

4/6/2009 - interview

4/21/2009 - POE/ Washington Dulles Airport

Timeline
Received NOA1 today. Have I-129F (K3) ready to mail tomorrow. Seeking advice, suggestions & comments.

Thanks

What might i be able to help you with? Mine is all put together and ready to go today. comments? well it costs more.... did you check on the time lines for you k3 versus CR1 yet for your consulate?

First you should see if it's worth it.

Timeline

Thanks

What might i be able to help you with? Mine is all put together and ready to go today. comments? well it costs more.... did you check on the time lines for you k3 versus CR1 yet for your consulate?

where exactly is this portal thing?? cant seem to find it..

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks

Top Left of this page right under VisaJourney.com

next to Home, Forums...there is Portals...

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline

Thanks

Hi cmnb,

You can also compare the Immigration Timelines for K3 and CR1.

Click on 'Immigration Timelines from the top of the page, and then select Statistics.

You can view the stats for K3 visas and CR1 visas. Scroll down to India and then to your Embassy. Hope this helps.

California Service Center:

05/09/08: Sent I-130

05/16/08: NOA1

07/23/08: NOA2

NVC :

07/29/08: NVC case received

09/05/08: CASE COMPLETED

Embassy:

10/20/08: Interview/VISA Approved

Timeline

FedEx I-129F (K3) overnight. What are the chances of getting NOA1 before I go on vacation next week?

VSC

5/22/2008 - I-130 | 5/30/2008 - NOA1 | 1/22/2009 - NOA2

NVC

2/25/2009 - case completed

4/6/2009 - interview

4/21/2009 - POE/ Washington Dulles Airport

Timeline

Thanks

Hi cmnb,

You can also compare the Immigration Timelines for K3 and CR1.

Click on 'Immigration Timelines from the top of the page, and then select Statistics.

You can view the stats for K3 visas and CR1 visas. Scroll down to India and then to your Embassy. Hope this helps.

thank you so much KAHM...this was great...i am just wondering where these guys collect the data from....if this is accurate, i may have just made my decision according to the numbers i came up with...(unless my mind changes again in a few hours) :-)

I sent my application last week on Tuesday and I checked USPS website and my application was recieved on Thursday. When do you think I should expect my NOA 1 for I-130?

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Timeline

Hi Mindmaster,

Would you mind sharing the list of documents that you sent along with your K-3(I-129F) application? I just want to prepare myself in advance so I can get my application ready..

Thanks!

NVC Journey

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.