cying

best time to do doc verification

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NVC sent a letter to my wife indicating there that i already have an MNL #. My queston is, when can i start doing doc verification in order to avoid delays of issuing the visa? Ive seen some post here that doc verification sent to delbros and delbros sending it to NSO takes almost a month and issuing the visa becomes delayed. Is it possible to do and finish doc verification before interview date comes?Like right now that i already know my MNL # from NVC, can i start doing it?So that when my interview date comes and pass it, i wont wait for my visa that long. Anyone, please advice. Thank you very much.

Also, can someone please post their experience regarding doc verification. Ive read a post.. a step on how to avoid delays in doc verification but i think it was deleted. Thanks again.

My Timeline:

My husband and I were college sweethearts. In fact, we were each other's first love. We broke up for a while and after 8 years, we started talking again. We finally got back together in 2007 and decided to get married last December.

I-130

12.28.07- Civil wedding in the Philippines

01.15.08 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.16.08 - I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox by Venancio Bustamante

02.16.08 - Received NOA1

03.25.08 - Touched (for typographical error)

05.07.08 - Touched

05.07.08 - NOA2

05.12.08 - Received hardcopy of NOA2

05.22.08 - Received AOS fee bill

I-129F:

02.19.08 - Mailed I-129F application to CSC

02.20.08 - I-129F received at CSC

02.21.08 - I-129F NOA1

02.26.08 - Received hard copy of NOA1

03.27.08 - Touched (for typographical error)

05.07.08 - Touched

05.07.08 - NOA2

05.12.08 - Received hardcopy of NOA2

05.19.08 - Received MNL case number from NVC

06.25.08 - Interview date - USEM Manila

06.25.08 - VISA APPROVED !!

07.12.08 - Going home to the Philippines to see my hubby

07.26.08 - Church wedding

08.04.08 - Travel to USA with my hubby!!

NVC sent a letter to my wife indicating there that i already have an MNL #. My queston is, when can i start doing doc verification in order to avoid delays of issuing the visa? Ive seen some post here that doc verification sent to delbros and delbros sending it to NSO takes almost a month and issuing the visa becomes delayed. Is it possible to do and finish doc verification before interview date comes?Like right now that i already know my MNL # from NVC, can i start doing it?So that when my interview date comes and pass it, i wont wait for my visa that long. Anyone, please advice. Thank you very much.

Also, can someone please post their experience regarding doc verification. Ive read a post.. a step on how to avoid delays in doc verification but i think it was deleted. Thanks again.

The question is Do you want to pay or not? :D

Steps on how to AVOID!!

Sorry its not about how to avoid it.. Its a guide on how to pay properly to DELBROS to make sure they do their job right.

Docs Verification is a random..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations! :dance: Since you have your MNL case number you can pay document verification already, and visa fee.. :thumbs: pls read sheriff uling's Manila Embassy K1 visa Guide post. and read link http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3023.html.

hope this could help.. God Bless.. :innocent:

Edited by jack&anais

AOS Timeline

Oct. 3, 2008 - Married

Oct. 31, 2008 - AOS packet sent to USCIS Chicago, IL via USPS

Nov. 3, 2008 - Packet delivered, 6:56 am, Chicago, IL 60680

Nov.12, 2008 - Check cashed

Nov.14, 2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, I-131 received

Nov.24, 2008 - I-485 transferred from Chicago Service Center to California Service Center

Dec. 5, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment -- done

Dec. 8, 2008 - I-765 Touched

Dec. 9, 2008 - I-485 Touched

Jan. 12, 2009 - EAD card and Advance Parole Received

Jan. 13, 2009 - Applied for Driver's Instruction Permit

Jan. 15, 2009 - Driving written test passed

Jan. 26, 2009 - I-485 Touched

Jan. 31, 2009 - Actual Drive test passed "got my Driver's License"

Feb.25, 2009 - Took NCLEX-RN -- PASSED--- Anais,RN

March 9, 2009 - Green Card received

March 31, 2009 - Got a JOB!!! PCU nurse in the making...

hZPK-109.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.