Beauty for Ashes

Transit visa in hand and ticket purchased

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

After waiting so much time for the damn French embassy to hand over the transit visa, my husband finally has it in hand. He bought his ticket to paris today, will see his mom for the first time in 5 or 6 years on the way over( so waiting for me for almost 2 months after he got the visa turned out to be worth it!!!!!!!!!!) The stupid French embassy made him wait almost a month for an interview alone for a transit visa then walked around the embassy with his passport showing everyone his american visa. They all wanted to know ( the employees there) how hard it was for him to get. I just wondered why they made him wait a month for an appointment and a week for a transit visa when he is already a cr1 visa holder. I guess they had to contact the American embassy to see if its real

Anyway, my asthma has been in full force..nebulising again so needless to say, I need him here and all of this #### over with to say the least

this just proves the transit visa is possible on the way here ( I am sure this would apply to Moroccans wanting to visit family in France on the way here or other Algerians or Tunisians or whatever in Europe who want to stop off) But its a hell of a wait adding time to an already miserable wait

CHEERS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well, at least he got it and is on his way, inchallah! :thumbs:

Hope he will arrive soon! (F) (F)

love0038.gif

For Immigration Timeline, click here.

big wheel keep on turnin * proud mary keep on burnin * and we're rollin * rollin

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: yay wahrania!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
After waiting so much time for the damn French embassy to hand over the transit visa, my husband finally has it in hand. He bought his ticket to paris today, will see his mom for the first time in 5 or 6 years on the way over( so waiting for me for almost 2 months after he got the visa turned out to be worth it!!!!!!!!!!) The stupid French embassy made him wait almost a month for an interview alone for a transit visa then walked around the embassy with his passport showing everyone his american visa. They all wanted to know ( the employees there) how hard it was for him to get. I just wondered why they made him wait a month for an appointment and a week for a transit visa when he is already a cr1 visa holder. I guess they had to contact the American embassy to see if its real

Anyway, my asthma has been in full force..nebulising again so needless to say, I need him here and all of this #### over with to say the least

this just proves the transit visa is possible on the way here ( I am sure this would apply to Moroccans wanting to visit family in France on the way here or other Algerians or Tunisians or whatever in Europe who want to stop off) But its a hell of a wait adding time to an already miserable wait

CHEERS

This is wonderful news I am so happy for you. I was wondering why it was taking so long. But for them to contact the American embassy is on the ridiculous side? I know they felt foolish afterwards if that was the case. When will he arrive home? I would not worry much about cleaning your pregnant and he knows this so if he expects to come home to a glorified dust free/spot free home well good luck with that one!!!!

Take Care

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

CHEERS

This is wonderful news I am so happy for you. I was wondering why it was taking so long. But for them to contact the American embassy is on the ridiculous side? I know they felt foolish afterwards if that was the case. When will he arrive home? I would not worry much about cleaning your pregnant and he knows this so if he expects to come home to a glorified dust free/spot free home well good luck with that one!!!!

Take Care

Yeah it was like wait wait wait .. then they actually met him and saw the cr1 visa and were like heyyyyyyyyyyyy we never saw one of these before then showed it to everyone .. then they said we will have your transit visa within a week. The transit visa meet the same threshold as a tourist visa etc. So they have to not only verify you have it ...they have to believe you have strong enough ties not to hang out in the country you are transiting in. I dont know if they will do this with k1s or not. This remains to be seen. But at least you can try. I hadnt seen anyone else do a transit and get out and wander around before entering the usa. It made sense to me because if we hadnt have done it, there would have been a huge pressure to travel back to France to see her pretty soon and this alleviates some of the pressure on me. I know he will want to go to Algeria next year and I am already mentally planning on that. I am really not the type to tell my husband.. oh you cant go back home and see your family etc etc. because I know this is part of the package marrying someone from there.. they like to go home all the time ( every Algerian I know anyway) They like to go home and eat their food and see their families and I knew as part of marrying someone from there that he would be going home alot. Also, the cr1 helps in one huge way versus k1 or k3. He will already have his greencard pretty fast and wont have to advance parole to go back and visit nor see his mom in France I dont think. I think greencard holders can visit europe without visas but I am not real sure. I guess I ll find that out later.

I am not really excited to go back to Europe anytime soon because the dollar is so bad. I lived in Europe alot of my young life so I really miss it but with all the cell phones and stuff,,people yakking on the trains.... its lost alot of its charm for me. Algeria feels like europe used to be. Not completely internet and atm connected.. far but not impossibly far. France just doesnt feel the same for me like it used to growing up and even 7 years ago. I totally was pissed about this long wait for him to get the transit visa to see his mom while i have been super sick but the happiness I know his mom will feel seeing him and him seeing her makes this 2 month hell wait all worth it

CHEERS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

On the way back from Jamaica my husband had a 10 hour layover in France. He did not need a transit visa and was able to go though immigration. He only hung out at the airport and took a shuttle buss to a nearby hotel to eat. I think it was only good for 24 hours or the amount until his plane was to depart.

Samira and Jaouad

K3 and AOS

8-13-07: Sent package with I-129F to CSC overnight

9-25-07: NOA 1 recv

3-04-08: Approval Notice Sent

5-15-08:Interview Date

07-28-08:Visa Received (AP Hell 73 days)

08-02-08:US Entry (K-3)

08-05-08: Sent EAD package to CSC

12-07-08: Finally recvd EAD

04-20-09: AOS sent

07-23-09: AOS Interview-APPROVED!

Next file for Naturalization!

.png

and our family keeps growing and growing.....

x5Kpm8.png

On the way back from Jamaica my husband had a 10 hour layover in France. He did not need a transit visa and was able to go though immigration. He only hung out at the airport and took a shuttle buss to a nearby hotel to eat. I think it was only good for 24 hours or the amount until his plane was to depart.

remember each country has a different set of rules about European countries. Its also possible to never leave airport property and go all over the airport and still be within the confines of the airport. Algeria has a set of restrictions governing transit visas and you have to have a visa to leave the airport, even if just for few days. He was not even allowed to purchase a ticket to Orly until he had a transit visa by the travel agent because he was not connecting in Charles de Gaulle. The Airlines will not allow it( the ones that paper ticket over there) I dont think they could have prevented me buying the ticket online but they dont fly to cdg from Oran anyway. Its Orly and he would have to transit to get there

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

OHMYGOSH Wahrania !! Im sooo happy for you, girl ! This is just awesome!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Many congrats W!!!

FYI even with a green card he will need a visa to go to Europe as visa requirements follow the passport (exception is Canada and Mexico where LPRs can travel without a visa). Of course, it is easier to get a visa for France (including transit) when you have a green card than it is without one. So, you have to jump through the paperwork hoops but they will say yes which is a pleasant change. And, you will not need AP if he is arriving with a CR1. The CR1 in his passport is, technically, a green card and he can use it as such until his actual card arrives. When my husband arrived with his IR1 we went straight to the French Consulate in the US, got a visa and flew back and forth to France before his card got here. (All to avoid dealing with the Fr Embassy in Algeria.) No problems.

I know it was a wait, but relish the fact that he has a CR1 now. You are home free!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.