hbunch

No longer VALID I-129F for VERMONT K3 Petitioners

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I don't really understand this post. If your I130 was approved and you are a CR1 filer how will your case skip the steps of the NVC processing? Thats standard procedure for an immigrant visa. You will have to pay for the immigrant vis which is $400 before you leave NVC so I am confused by your post.

Plus the only people under the rule of having to wait for a certain amount of visas per year are LPR, not USC. USC get priorty and there is no waiting period for a green card for their family, but that doesn't mean that there aren't standard processings you must still go thru. So this is why i am confused. If your petition goes thru NVC in a couple of days and gets forwarded to manilla embassy, then you are not getting an immigrant visa, your getting a non-immigrant visa (K3) and will need to file AOS to become a permanent resident.

First let me correct you, we are NOT A CR1 FILER. Second i apologized if u get confused with my post, my only advised try to read it again and again for you to understand it (no offensement). As i said USCIS has different intrepretations about the rules & procedures how to process K3 visas. Technically we also didnt know what happened to our K3 visa since our I-130 approved and I-129F was no longer valid. Inorder to clarify issues re. K3, we called and spoke to the TWO (2) USCIS Officers named: Miranda & Aimee, whatever information they told us that was the origin of our post! THE USCIS Officers same words!!! Being the K3 petitioner/beneficiary, whatever information we may get from these people matters to us. Now, if u want to dig up more details you can call USCIS and share your own experiences and sentiments and u let us know here in VJ'es too, because as far as our concerned we only hopes to get assistance from the so-called expert-USCIS if they are whole bunch of liars there, that i dont really know. Thank you.

So you called USCIS? haha might as well forget what they tell you, they make up answers on the fly.

Yeah! Sometimes we really didnt know already what happens next. :unsure:

Timeline
It's true that VSC is not approving K3. I have not seen any K3 approval from VSC in last 6 months. On the other side, VSC is moving faster than CSC on the I-130 petitions about 4-6 weeks ahead. So, the amount of time you save at VSC helps you for the time you would spend at NVC. The whole purpose of K3 was to save time. At the end, K3 from CSC and I-130 from VSC take almost the same time maybe 2-3 weeks extra, but would save so much trouble and paper work for AOS.

Thanks at least you did understand my post. Yeah Vermont process first the I-130 when approves I-129F will be no longer valid as per USCIS, NVC will send letter/notification to the Petitioner. They are doing this to save time and expedite the processing period. God bless.

Cheers!

[Thanks at least you did understand my post. Yeah Vermont process first the I-130 when approves I-129F will be no longer valid as per USCIS, NVC will send letter/notification to the Petitioner. They are doing this to save time and expedite the processing period. God bless.

Cheers!

Actually, VSC is simply NOT processing any I-129F for K-3 visas (or so it appears - I really really hope we're wrong on this). If they do not handle any such petitions, of course they'll eventually first approve the I-130.

So the whole "we first approved your I-130 therefore your I-129F is no longer needed" is an excuse. If they were really processing any I-129F, then some early I-130 approvals would simply mean they'd move to more recently filed I-129F petitions. And that is not happening, or we'd have at least seen some I-129F approvals in the past months.

Saving time might be the reason behind this. But they are basically deleting any option people have of obtaining a K-3 visa (while CSC is still treating the I-129 for K-3 and) while this is not mentioned on USCIS' own website (USCIS timeline still mentions K-3) - and that is not right. People filing right now would have no idea that their K-3 visa application is really an immigrant visa application.

Furhtermore I really wonder what you mean by they are expediting the processing period. That is not true. Even with NVC now being faster, it will still take longer to get the CR-1 instead of the K-3. If you mean by basically deleting one visa (K-3), therefore deleting the work they'll have to do for the adjustment of status lateron, then sure, that'll save time. But at all our expense. We all will have to wait longer to be with our spouses in the meantime

And with all due respect, but I think that it is not one USCIS centres task to singlehandedly decide that a certain visa option is no longer possible. Shouldnt the legislator do this, or at least USCIS as a whole?

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Timeline
[Thanks at least you did understand my post. Yeah Vermont process first the I-130 when approves I-129F will be no longer valid as per USCIS, NVC will send letter/notification to the Petitioner. They are doing this to save time and expedite the processing period. God bless.

Cheers!

Actually, VSC is simply NOT processing any I-129F for K-3 visas (or so it appears - I really really hope we're wrong on this). If they do not handle any such petitions, of course they'll eventually first approve the I-130.

So the whole "we first approved your I-130 therefore your I-129F is no longer needed" is an excuse. If they were really processing any I-129F, then some early I-130 approvals would simply mean they'd move to more recently filed I-129F petitions. And that is not happening, or we'd have at least seen some I-129F approvals in the past months.

Saving time might be the reason behind this. But they are basically deleting any option people have of obtaining a K-3 visa (while CSC is still treating the I-129 for K-3 and) while this is not mentioned on USCIS' own website (USCIS timeline still mentions K-3) - and that is not right. People filing right now would have no idea that their K-3 visa application is really an immigrant visa application.

Furhtermore I really wonder what you mean by they are expediting the processing period. That is not true. Even with NVC now being faster, it will still take longer to get the CR-1 instead of the K-3. If you mean by basically deleting one visa (K-3), therefore deleting the work they'll have to do for the adjustment of status lateron, then sure, that'll save time. But at all our expense. We all will have to wait longer to be with our spouses in the meantime

And with all due respect, but I think that it is not one USCIS centres task to singlehandedly decide that a certain visa option is no longer possible. Shouldnt the legislator do this, or at least USCIS as a whole?

Waah!!! :crying: If Vermont is not touching I129 what alternative do I have now? My husband filed only one I130 because of financial constraints so we opted for the K3/K4 path. I have a 6 yr. old daughter which will obviously have a derivative status once my K3 is approved... I dont want to leave my daughter behind.

Cheers!

Waah!!! :crying: If Vermont is not touching I129 what alternative do I have now? My husband filed only one I130 because of financial constraints so we opted for the K3/K4 path. I have a 6 yr. old daughter which will obviously have a derivative status once my K3 is approved... I dont want to leave my daughter behind.

Liz, on Friday 23 May, two VJ members posted they have received approvals on both their I-130 and I-129f petitions for K-3 visa, at Vermont.

So maybe this is an indication that VSC has started processing them again, contrary to the recent rumors. We might know more in the next weeks, in the meantime hang in there k?

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Timeline

Cheers!

Liz, on Friday 23 May, two VJ members posted they have received approvals on both their I-130 and I-129f petitions for K-3 visa, at Vermont.

So maybe this is an indication that VSC has started processing them again, contrary to the recent rumors. We might know more in the next weeks, in the meantime hang in there k?

Thanks for the moral support Catt... I'll try to stay positive through this whole ordeal. God bless us all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.