lifebegins

What Now??

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

hi

my fiance called NVC ,and they told him our case number and that it was sent Mar 26th , is 2 months normal waiting time??

I did try to call Embassy today but got an automated system telling me i was being charged £1.50 a min , and i should have my passport number and a credit card to pay full fee??

Fee for what my visa? Maybe i used wrong number 09042 450 100??

Anyone ever tried to contact them??

Sadly that is the correct number otherwise known as the extortion line. You have been waiting quite some time. I would recommend calling the Department of State as they are apparently a little cheaper and will be able to tell you if, when and where P3 was sent. You can also call the extortion line again and get an email code from them. Sadly since 9/11 all emails sent to them without the email code are automatically deleted. Once you have the code you will be able to request an update on your case. The other option is writing them a letter but I have no idea how long it would take for them to respond to that.

Good luck and I hope you hear something soon

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It must suck getting to NOA2 so quickly only to stall at this stage! Hope you get your packet 3 soon!

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Yes it sucks!!!!

Thanks Mark and Hannah , i wish you well also

I dont suppose anyone would know Dept Of State telephone number!

Cant seem to find it , the one i thought i found earlier doesnt exist lol

I think im going backwards today lol

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

The thing is, DOS can't give you the email code for the embassy, nor can they ensure that a replacement Packet 3 be sent to you from the embassy. I'm afraid you'll have to call the extortion line and pay the fee. Once you make contact with them you should get the packet quickly. Good luck!!

You wont get an interview date until you return P3 - Sorry! DoS will be able to tell you if your P3 has been sent but Julezabelle is right they can't do much more than that and you will have to call the extortion line if its been sent and you think it is lost. If you do call DoS they will be able to give you your reference number which you need to book the medical so at least you can work on booking that and getting it out the way whilst your waiting for your replacement P3.

You are moving forward! You know more than you did yesterday and tomorrow you'll know more than you did today.

Hope its all helping, VJ is a god send.

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

23.03.09 ~ RFE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Thanks Julezabelle!

Will they be able to tell me though if i have an interview date?

And is it only me that gets paranoid about pack not being delivered by snail mail?? lol

I feel your pain. My husband's P3 was lost in the mail too! In fact, there was a whole slew of us who had P3 lost in Dec '07!! Royal mail is despicable! :lol:

Bex is right though, no interview date until the P3 checklist and associated forms are returned to the embassy.

Give the embassy a call first thing tomorrow. Things will then start happening again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.