HikerMark

Tdap Vaccination

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hmmm interesting - I can test the theory on this when I get to that stage because my print out from the GP surgery actually states the batch numbers and clearly shows that I had the combined jab for Tetanus, Diptheria, and Polio. I can't imagine why an adult would need to have a booster for Pertussis, but we'll see what they say at my medical.

On the up side both this and the jab for MMR were completely free from my local GP surgery.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Timeline

Additionally... I'm pretty certain (I used to work as a records clerk at a GP surgery) that the vaccination that incorporates pertussis is DTP or DTaP for diphtheria, tetanus, acellular pertussis... that's in the UK though, so not sure how it differs in the US.

Edited by Mark and Hannah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

just in case it makes any difference, on my little booklet which the nurse filled out detailing all my vaccinations, the Diptheria and Tetnus were printed on to it, but she hand wrote +Polio on to it, and specified that the actual vaccine was Revaxis. So there could have been no confusion where knightsbridge were concerned, which combo of vaccines i'd had. Knightsbridge are only looking for Polio and not pertussis. The misinformation must be between the embassy and Knightsbridge, or even within the Embassy itself.

The UK Wiki

My vaccination saga continues. I went to the pharmacy this morning, which is next door to my doctor's practice, to collect my MMR and take to the practice. After a short wait they found the prescription and said it hadn't arrived and would call to see when it was due in. Five minutes later they come back and say that they are not authorised to order MMR. Only a doctor or hospital can order MMR. So they walked in to the practice and spoke to the head practice nurse to explain the position. The practice nurse then confirmed that she had MMR in stock for babies and that she could use that.

I then got handed over to the practice manager and I had a good chat with her. It turns out that if you are aged over 25 the UK has no requirement for MMR so they are unable to give the injection free on the NHS. They can take some from their baby stock but must charge me £25 as a private patient. That would explain why some people on Visajourney are getting it free as they are under 25. Also it would depend on how switched on the practice is about knowing that they need to charge otherwise they don't get reimbursed by the NHS for doing the injection.

It then got better as I mentioned that I would need some sort of certification of my jabs. She then proceeded to tell me that would be another £25 as per the price list on the wall and as recommended by the British Medical Association. I told her that most people just got a free printout from their doctor or nurse. I guess I am just unlucky that my GP practice is super switched on to what they are supposed to be doing under the modern NHS. :-)

She also confirmed that Tdap is not available for adults in the UK.

So, I will go ahead with my MMR at my doctors (£10 cheaper than Knightsbridge) and leave determination of the pertussis until the medical.

In respect of polio, per the vaccination chart on the US Embassy web site, http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html , it is not required for anybody over the age of 18 so I don't think the p in Tdap refers to polio.

Edited by HikerMark

My time line

CSC

Nov 7, 2004 - First met in Chagford, Devon, UK

Sep 1, 2007 - Married in Chagford

Oct 5, 2007 - Sent I-130 to CSC

Oct 9, 2007 - Received by CSC

Jan 14, 2008 - Rejected by Chicago, wrong date on check 😞

Jan 15, 2008 - Sent I-130 back to Chicago with correctly dated check 🙂

Jan 16, 2008 - Received by Chicago

Feb 14, 2008 - NOA1

Apr 28, 2008 - NOA2

May 6, 2008 - NVC assign case number

May 12, 2008 - DS-3032 and AOS bill generated

May 18, 2008 - DS-3032 request emailed by me

May 22, 2008 - AOS bill paid by check

May 27, 2008 - DS-3032 accepted by NVC

Jun 2, 2008 - IV bill generated

Jun 9, 2008 - IV bill received

Jun 16, 2008 - IV bill paid by check

Jun 21, 2008 - I-864 package received

Jun 26, 2008 - I-864 sent to NVC

Jun 30, 2008 - DS-230 generated by NVC

Jul 11, 2008 - DS-230 received

Jul 26, 2008 - DS-230 sent to NVC

Aug 4, 2008 - DS-230 received by NVC

Aug 12, 2008 - Case completed

Aug 14, 2008 - Papers sent to London Embassy

Oct 20, 2008 - Medical in London

Oct 27, 2008 - Interview in London (was originally scheduled for Sep 23)

Oct 28, 2008 - Visa received

Nov 22, 2008 - Arrived in USA at Phoenix.... Yeah!!!

LMAO, Glyn is definitely not under 25...he will be 41 in June. They charged him nothing for the MMR. Of course they did charge us (another time) 47.00 for the letter to the doctor saying his anxiety was under control and to sign his picture for the police certificate.

10/26/03 Met in Yahoo chat room
06-2004 Glyn flies to Boston for 2 week holiday with me in White Mountains
06/07/2006- HE PROPOSES!!
12/13/2006- Glyn and Simon the best man fly in for wedding.
December 16,2006- Happiest day of my life
12/25/2006- Best and worst Christmas ever. Glyn flies back to England at 6 pm Christmas Night.
02/19/2007- UK spousal visa approved in NY after only 4 days.
March 2,2007- Reunited in England with Glyn.
01/21/2008-mailed I-130 to USCIS in London
01/24/2008-NOA1
04/13/2008-Panic. RFE received
April 17, 2008-Mailed off again.
April 22, 2008-NOA2 received dated April 21, 2008.
April 26, 2008-Packet 3 received
April 28, 2008-Mailed off DS-230
May06,2008-Packet 3 sent
May 08, 2008-Medical scheduled
May 22,2008-Packet 4 received
June 03,2008-Interview APPROVED!!!!!

June 04, 2008-Visa in hand
June 20, 2008-Shippers come for our things.
June 25, 2008-Flying to the USA
November 15, 2010-Sent off VERY late I-751 along with many prayers.
04/09/2011-10 year GC arrives in mail.
09/08/2011-Glyn leaves for UK
01/30/2012-Biometrics for UK spousal & dependent visas sent out w/ application same day
02/24/2012-UK settlement visas issued

04/16/2013-I-130 sent off-----04/19/2013 NOA1

05/15/2013-NOA2

Never received packet 3 although it was mailed to us on May 29th

07/17/2013-Sent off packet 3 after finally getting ALL our documents together

08/19/2013-Medical scheduled (there were earlier appointments but unfortunately, we couldn't get there for them due to hubby's work)

09/24/2013-Interview APPROVED

11/01/2013-POE BOSTON

01/13/2014-10 Year green card received

03/09/2019- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box for step-son

03/20/2019- NOA 1

08/10/2019-NOA 2

Timeline
just in case it makes any difference, on my little booklet which the nurse filled out detailing all my vaccinations, the Diptheria and Tetnus were printed on to it, but she hand wrote +Polio on to it, and specified that the actual vaccine was Revaxis. So there could have been no confusion where knightsbridge were concerned, which combo of vaccines i'd had. Knightsbridge are only looking for Polio and not pertussis. The misinformation must be between the embassy and Knightsbridge, or even within the Embassy itself.

That's a relief to know, I was getting worried I'd have to more jabs!

LMAO, Glyn is definitely not under 25...he will be 41 in June. They charged him nothing for the MMR. Of course they did charge us (another time) 47.00 for the letter to the doctor saying his anxiety was under control and to sign his picture for the police certificate.

Me too - I'm pushing 30. Perhaps it depends what Health Authority you're under? Or perhaps some GPs are just greedy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.