Gumbolette

parents consent of My fiance' should it be notarized from his State?

6 posts in this topic

To my fellow Vj family,

My hubby will be flying this monday (may 18)from Louisiana, and we are preparing docs for our wedding this June. both of us needs to have parents consent. I'm 19 and he is 22..I dont have any problem with mine cos I just have to bring with me my father when we apply.

Do you guys have example of a parental consent ,and does it still needs to be notarized from his state?

we kinda need to have info as soon as we can cause he only have until fri to accomplish this thing.

thanks for the response in advance.

Cathy

Edited by my_panacea = Greg

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

What I beleive he needs is an " Affidavit in Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage"from US Embassy In Manila or Consulate in Cebu.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha009.html

Edited by Roy and Yazi

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I don't think a US citizen over age 18 needs a parental consent.

In USA once you hit 18 years old, you are no longer a minor and allowed to engage in a contract, go to war, vote, etc.

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

thank you so much for the replies. It was a great help!

cathy

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
What I beleive he needs is an " Affidavit in Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage"from US Embassy In Manila or Consulate in Cebu.

Cathy,

Im a USC and I got married in the Philippines. Your fiance dont need any consent because he is already over 21 but make sure that he gets what Roy said.

It is necessary that he gets this affidavit from the US embassy. They wont give you a marriage license without this.

Also if you are getting married in a Catholic church, ask your fiance to bring his baptismal certificate.

There's good info about all this at US embassy's website.

Kuya noel,

We will just be going to get married in Civil Ceremony only.

So I guess we're on great shape.

He just need to have his passport, Legal Capacity.

I just called Local Civil Registrar here in Las Piñas to check if they still need to have his parents consent, they said only the Legal capacity.

Thanks po...

Cathy

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.