hbunch

HELP! after K3 I-130 approved, What's Next???

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What's next? our I-130 was approved last May 7, 2008 received Hardcopy NOA2 on the 12th of May. While our I-129F is still pending??? Im confused. Based on my observations here if not all, almost all K3 petition got approved the same day/date. Anyone outthere can interpret whats goin on with this? Vermont was the one handling our Case.

What's next? our I-130 was approved last May 7, 2008 received Hardcopy NOA2 on the 12th of May. While our I-129F is still pending??? Im confused. Based on my observations here if not all, almost all K3 petition got approved the same day/date. Anyone outthere can interpret whats goin on with this? Vermont was the one handling our Case.

Hi Hbunch,

First of all congratulations!!

I disagree that almost all K-3 petitions get approved the same day/date. This may be true (in the majority of the cases but not always) for California, if we can base ourselves on the VJ timelines.

But you are at Vermont. And look at the timelines: while in 2007, simultaneous approvals of both I129F and I130 can be found for VSC, it seems that ever since January 2008, they have stopped doing this.

In the VJ timelines, you'll find two I-129F approvals for K-3 (in one case this approval closely follows the I-130 approval; in the other case the I-129F was approved months after the I-130 was approved). I do not know if these numbers can really tell us something about VSC and K-3.

Frankly I am clueless about what'll happen with the I-129F's for K-3 visas in future, at VSC. I truly hope we will start seeing some more of these approvals again soon.

On the plusside, quite a few Feb-march K-3 filers have gotten multiple touches on their I-129F in April. If this petition really is dead in the water, then why waste time doing something with it?

Also on the plusside, check out the very recent threads about NVC-processing. The immigrant visa path seems to be going much faster in latest weeks, at least at NVC level (look for Lotofpatience's excellent posts outlining how you can try to get through it as fast as possible).

This is your call. Do you want to wait for approval of I-129F anyway (at this time it's unknown when/if that will come) or/and do you want to proceed on the visa immigrant path?

Good luck

Edited by Catt

Website US Department of State, Consular Affairs Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1339.html

Timeline

Hi Hbunch,

I disagree that almost all K-3 petitions get approved the same day/date. This may be true (in the majority of the cases but not always) for California, if we can base ourselves on the VJ timelines.

But you are at Vermont. And look at the timelines: while in 2007, simultaneous approvals of both I129F and I130 can be found for VSC, it seems that ever since January 2008, they have stopped doing this.

In the VJ timelines, you'll find two I-129F approvals for K-3 (in one case this approval closely follows the I-130 approval; in the other case the I-129F was approved months after the I-130 was approved). I do not know if these numbers can really tell us something about VSC and K-3.

Frankly I am clueless about what'll happen with the I-129F's for K-3 visas in future, at VSC. I truly hope we will start seeing some more of these approvals again soon.

On the plusside, quite a few Feb-march K-3 filers have gotten multiple touches on their I-129F in April. If this petition really is dead in the water, then why waste time doing something with it?

Also on the plusside, check out the very recent threads about NVC-processing. The immigrant visa path seems to be going much faster in latest weeks, at least at NVC level (look for Lotofpatience's excellent posts outlining how you can try to get through it as fast as possible).

This is your call. Do you want to wait for approval of I-129F anyway (at this time it's unknown when/if that will come) or/and do you want to proceed on the visa immigrant path?

Good luck

Hi Catt,

Thanks much for giving all these informations as you stated above. However my hubby will call Vermont or NVC tomorrow 14th of May to verify the pending status of our I-129F. Our Lawyer did advised us to wait for another week or two for the I-129F. In case there is no action/s, i guess we will be opted to do the CR1 path. This whole process is a nerve wracking and the waiting period is totally INSANE!!! (#######!!!)

Timeline

Hi Hbunch,

Good luck

Hi Catt,

Thanks much for giving all these informations as you stated above. However my hubby will call Vermont or NVC tomorrow 14th of May to verify the pending status of our I-129F. Our Lawyer did advised us to wait for another week or two for the I-129F. In case there is no action/s, i guess we will be opted to do the CR1 path. This whole process is a nerve wracking and the waiting period is totally INSANE!!! (#######!!!)

QUOTE( @ May 13 2008, 07:44 AM) FROM: 000

Vermont has had a pattern of sending your I 130 to NVC now based on the reason that they were both approved at the same time. It is something that no one really understands right now but you can still go the K3 visa route, it only takes a litle more effort and contact with NVC. Most likely you will be getting your NOA2 for your I 129f in the next few days but again it seems as if Vermont has decided to make your I 129f of no use now. You really should call them (USCIS) and make sure that they will forward your I 129f to NVC so that you can continue the K3 route if that is what you want, but the CR1 is the better way to go. It cost less money and gets you away from USCIS for another 2 years.

Hi. thank you for this advised. Today my husband called the National Visa Center in Vermont and the lady there told him that they did a background investigation on the petitioner and the process was given ADVANCED PRIORITY NOW because of my husband's military and Law enforcement background, he was once work for US Government. FBI sent the USCIS his background investigation already and everything is okay. We are now waiting and anticipating for the approval of our I-129F, the lady from Vermont made sure to him that anytime soon we will receive it within this month. It is fair enough that USCIS/NVC was very keen on tracking and investigating every petitions and different types of case/s they received for the safety and security purposes. I guess I-129F still significant for K3 to get approval of both petitions: I-130 & I-129F.

hbunch

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.