Ricca711

Interview Details

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Samuel arrived at the Embassy at 7:00am. He was let in at promptly 7:30am sharp. After sitting for one hour he was called to the window by a woman and she collected the money for the visa. She gave him a receipt and he was told to return to his seat. After about another hour, he was called to the window to collect the documents that we completed. Samuel handed her the entire package that I told him to assemble, and here is a numbered list of what she took:

1. I-134

2. all the forms in packet 3

3. 2007 Tax returns with w-2’s attached

4. tax transcripts

5. all my pay stubs (I sent an entire year)

6. Letter from my employer

7. Letter from bank confirming my deposits

8. Letter of Intent confirming my continued support for the K1 Visa

9. The entire copy of the original petition and supporting documents

a. if anyone wants specific detail please send me a PM

10. Pictures of my visit to Ghana

11. Samuels Passport, birth certificate, Ghanaian police certificate, and medicals

12. Samuels divorce decree and English translation

13. Letter from the school that I graduated from

a. relevance of this document will be explained later

Now get this….over 100 pages of emails and phone records were given back to him. The lady at the window looked at them and said, “Please that’s too many for us to go through.” Keep in mind I paid over $200.00 to send those to him, but I am wondering if they weren’t available then she might have asked for them.

Samuel was then told to be seated again. :clock: After another hour he was called to the window to be fingerprinted….and of course back to his seat. At around 11:30 he was called in for his interview. Samuel said that he was interviewed by a very nice white lady, and here is a list of questions.

1. Please write your name and your fiancé’s name on this piece of paper

2. Where did you meet her?

3. Where does she live?

4. Are her parents living?

5. How many brothers and sisters does she have and where do they live?

6. Does she have any children?

7. What is her son’s name?

8. Have you ever talked to him on the phone?

9. How does her son feel about your relationship?

10. Where does her son live?

11. Have you ever talked to her mother on the phone?

12. How does her mother feel about the relationship?

13. What does your fiancé do at work?

14. Where does she work?

15. Did your fiancé graduate from college?

Now here is where the letter from my school comes in. When I graduated we applied for a B-2 visa for him to attend the graduation. The school sent the letter of invitation directly to the embassy. She then asked Samuel did we plan to marry then. He told her no…we just wanted to spend some time together to see if we should go further.

16. Do you speak a foreign language?

This is where the questions regarding his time in Netherlands came up

17. Where did you learn to speak Dutch?

18. Did you get married while you were in the Netherlands?

19. Was she white?

(#######!!!! :angry: ) what did her race have to do with our visa

20. Why did you divorce?

21. Do you have any children?

Here is the killer question, which I think was totally irrelevant

22. Why are you marrying a black woman now?

At this point Samuel realized what she was trying to do. In his opinion she was trying to get him flustered. Just like AsanteMaroon stated in her review of their interview, please be confident and know what you are talking about.

Samuel said she only asked him a few questions about himself and his family and then gave him a piece of paper stating that she finds him eligible for a K-1 visa and he can pick it up with his passport and visa on Friday. He thanked her and ended the interview in Dutch. According to him she wanted to know what he said. He told her that he said thank you for granting our visa.

Erika

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thanks for the details Ricca. It'll help Bassi and I when we finally reach the interview. Only six more weeks....But I'm not counting or anything.....

When was he told to pick up his visa? I'm still holding on to hope against hope of Bassi coming home with me in July.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Timeline
Thanks for the details Ricca. It'll help Bassi and I when we finally reach the interview. Only six more weeks....But I'm not counting or anything.....

When was he told to pick up his visa? I'm still holding on to hope against hope of Bassi coming home with me in July.

Hey Zainab,

You are welcome. I figured it was the least I could do since I had so much help from everyone. Zainab, that 6 weeks is going to fly. But I know you will be fine because you are going. I know you know how difficult it was for me to be here and try to orchestrate that interview. Samuel was told he can pick up his passport and visa on Friday between 9:00am and 12:00pm. I told him to please be there at 9:00. I was reading AsanteMaroon's post and I am thinking he may get delayed a couple of days. I would like for Samuel to be here Monday morning...you get me! LOL. But because he insists on doing things his way and because he is paying he will purchase his ticket there in Ghana. I am learning my man though, and I will get the information regarding his "connections" and send you a PM as soon as I get the 411. :secret:

Erika

Edited by Ricca711

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Liberia
Timeline

Thanks for those details and I'm glad it went smoothly. I'm mad that she was all hung up on race...she seemed to have a few personal issues going on. Oh well, as long as he gets that visa- that's all that matters.

Congrats again on getting visa :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

(F) Thank you Ricca for the update on the whole interview process. I am more scared now after reading your man's interview process then I was before.

LET ME EXPLAIN: I am more "shookety shook" because the interviewer was asking some left field/off the wall type of questions. Even asked about the race his ex-wife and then about your race and the whole bit was pretty personal and deep. So, it made more nervous like what kind of questions could they possible come up with to try and make my fiance furious or lose his cool, balance during the interview. Your man's interview experience has let me know to expect the unexpected. "I see the Ghana consulates mean business ...either go hard or go home!" When you come for the interview you better have your little angel sitting on your shoulder cuz Ghana not playing!...Thanks a mil for sharing!! May you enjoy every waking moment in marital bliss when your fiance finally arrives on U.S. soil! (F)

Edited by K&A

TIME LINE

09/2007 - Gathered all documents for I-129F petition.

11/09/2007 - Sent I-129F

11/21/2007 - Package sent back to me( I forgot to sign one of my G-325A forms) I cried my eyes out but sent it next day delivery back to USCIS.

11/27/2007 - Received NOA1

02/13/2008 - Received NOA2

02/20/2008 - Package left NVC

02/22/2008 - Case uploaded into Ghana consulate data system

04/08/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 sent to fiance

04/16/2008 - Packet 3 & 4 received by fiance

06/24/2008 - Interview date (God blessings on this day)

06/24/2008 - DENIED visa at interview

06/25/2008 - APPROVED visa at 2nd interview with senior consulate

06/27/2008 - Picked up VISA

07/03/2008 - Fiance entered USA at JFK POE & Got EAD Stamp in passport

07/18/2008 - Married

08/07/2008 - Mailed AOS application

Check out pics K&A pics from Ghana: http://missymoet.hi5.com

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congrats again and thanks for the details on what occurred in your interview. I am glad Samuel kept his cool! Send an update when he has his visa in hand! I hope we will still hear about your progress and how things are going...

Jackie

8262.gif

JACKIE

Timeline
(F) Thank you Ricca for the update on the whole interview process. I am more scared now after reading your man's interview process then I was before.

LET ME EXPLAIN: I am more "shookety shook" because the interviewer was asking some left field/off the wall type of questions. Even asked about the race his ex-wife and then about your race and the whole bit was pretty personal and deep. So, it made more nervous like what kind of questions could they possible come up with to try and make my fiance furious or lose his cool, balance during the interview. Your man's interview experience has let me know to expect the unexpected. "I see the Ghana consulates mean business ...either go hard or go home!" When you come for the interview you better have your little angel sitting on your shoulder cuz Ghana not playing!...Thanks a mil for sharing!! May you enjoy every waking moment in marital bliss when your fiance finally arrives on U.S. soil! (F)

Do not be scared. I am a believer that through posting you will learn a lot about this process. So, when you have questions, just post them. There are a lot of people here that enjoy helping you.

Congrats again and thanks for the details on what occurred in your interview. I am glad Samuel kept his cool! Send an update when he has his visa in hand! I hope we will still hear about your progress and how things are going...

Jackie

Oh please believe! I aint going no where. All you married ladies now have the daunting task of getting me through the AOS process. LOL! :P

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Congratulations on the visa!!!

I-130

03-17-07 Mailed

03-23-07 Recvd fwd to CSC NOA1

03-27-07 Update

APPROVED 09-05-07

09-06-07 Update

09-10-07 NOA2 in mail

I-129F

04-04-07 Mailed

04-24-07 Updated Recvd NBC NOA1

04-26-07 Update

05-08-07 Update

05-11-07 Update trnsfr to CSC

05-15-07 Update

05-17-07 Recvd trnsfr letter in mail

06-05-07 Update case pending @ CSC

06-06-07 Update

APPROVED 09-05-07

09-06-07 Update

09-10-07 NOA2 in mail

09-27-07 Arrived at NVC

10-06-07 NVC notice via mail

10-31-07 Mailed to the Embassy

11-04-07 Recvd at the Embassy

02-20-08 Medical Appointment

03-11-08 Redo Police record

04-11-08 Interview

02-17-09 Interview

06-04-09 redo medical & Police Record

06-09-09 Resubmit info @ Embassy

ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.