Tom and Teaw

The first packet information

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I did not find the info searching but if I provided all birth certificates, divorce papers for both of us in English and Thai when I mailed in the K-1 application, will I need to supply all that stuff again at the interview in Thailand (which I plan on attending)? I provided pictures of all of my visits that included my fiancee and family members, dated them on the back, copies of my passport stamps. But I am wondering if I have to provide copies of all of the divorce and birth cert. stuff again for her interview. Thanks!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I did not find the info searching but if I provided all birth certificates, divorce papers for both of us in English and Thai when I mailed in the K-1 application, will I need to supply all that stuff again at the interview in Thailand (which I plan on attending)? I provided pictures of all of my visits that included my fiancee and family members, dated them on the back, copies of my passport stamps. But I am wondering if I have to provide copies of all of the divorce and birth cert. stuff again for her interview. Thanks!!

For the petitioner all background info will typically NOT be needed again...

For the applicant, generally yes it will be provided again.

YMMV

You sent copies, correct? Not the originals I hope....

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Timeline

Hey,

Yes you need to provide all the beneficiarys papers, information again at the interview. Also any new and old proof of relationship needs to be provided, as well as other information that you can find on here.

You don't need to worry about that right now if you sent in your I-129f petition packet just recently. You still have a long ways to wait if you just sent it in so you have plenty of time to gather all the needed documents.

yea like someone said above, hopefully you sent in COPIES and not originals.

Also, you should make a timeline so people can see where you are in the process.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I kept the originals and sent copies and I have all the original translated papers from Thailand. I sent in the K-1 late January to Vermont and she got the packet from the embassy I think Saturday...at least it got to Korat which is the address she uses but is in BKK still studying yoga and her sister, who brought it down with her, forgot to give it to her. I am not too worried about establishing the relationship as I have almost 3 years of emails, phone bills, text messages and pictures from 8 trips and going back on June 18th. So I don't think that's going to be a problem. But thanks for the info. This is my first experience with anything of this kind and it's good to have "experts" to look to for info.

I'll do a timeline if I get time. I work a lot...bring home stuff to do almost every night and weekend and I am still feeling my way through this site.

Filed: Other Country: Thailand
Timeline
I kept the originals and sent copies and I have all the original translated papers from Thailand. I sent in the K-1 late January to Vermont and she got the packet from the embassy I think Saturday...at least it got to Korat which is the address she uses but is in BKK still studying yoga and her sister, who brought it down with her, forgot to give it to her. I am not too worried about establishing the relationship as I have almost 3 years of emails, phone bills, text messages and pictures from 8 trips and going back on June 18th. So I don't think that's going to be a problem. But thanks for the info. This is my first experience with anything of this kind and it's good to have "experts" to look to for info.

I'll do a timeline if I get time. I work a lot...bring home stuff to do almost every night and weekend and I am still feeling my way through this site.

If you sent copies then they will ask to see all the originals at the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.