jonbless

Will I ever be approved??? 302 day mark

43 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:star: I just wanted to say that I understand that the waiting can be hard and difficult, particularly because it can add disappointment over the frustration when facing such a long time without any positive answers from them. But take heart! It will happen to you soon, you will see. I just want to encourage you a little bit. :thumbs: God bless you both! Edited by Precious

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Naturalization approved: 04-02-2013

Oath ceremony: 04-24-2013

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
302 days since my NOA1 of I130. 266 for the I129F. I'm so sad and angry.

This is really unacceptable. What more can I do? other than wait.

My lawyer has no answers. Each time my congressman calls, they say it is with an officer who still needs to make a decision.(which i guess is good)

How f$%#ing long does it take to make a decision, especially for those couples waiting this long.

I'm saddened even more when I'm seeing all of these VJ members being approved when they filed LONG after me.

I guess I should be happy for you guys, which I am, but it hurts. It really hurts.

If there was a problem with something I would have received an RFE, and I have received none.

Sorry it's my last complaining i will do this week. More to come i'm sure in the next week.

:angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying:

Your case is out of their timelines!! So, you have all the rights to seek help from every avenue possible.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...0000ecd190aRCRD

Have you tried to file for expedite?? based on USCIS error!

USCIS Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual

Extreme emergent situation

Humanitarian situation

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States

Department of Defense of National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)

USCIS error

Compelling interest of USCIS

If they deny you, send a copy of your denial along with the pertinent information to ombudsman, and to Vice President.. and what the heck.. ur there.. send it to Bush too!

You need to call attention to your case. Something tells me that they may infact be adjudicating it now, since its been so long and u got ur rep involved. But, it won't hurt to get started on this.. you've waited long enough! IF there is a problem with your case, then they should notify you and ask for rfe, or whatever. Yes, we should make a thread for those 210+ days.

USCIS (Total 212 days)

05-15-08 Received call from VSC - I was Approved Yay!

NVC (Total Days: 00)

-----

05/21/2008 : NVC Case# Assigned

05/26/2008 : I-864 AOS Fee Bill invoiced in NVC system.

05/26/2008 : DS-3032 generated

05/31/2008 : DS-3032 emailed by my spouse

06/02/2008 : AOS ($70) Paid online

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Barcode cover sheet generated

06/03/2008 : I-864 AOS Generated

06/11/2008 : Choice of agent email accepted at NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : I-864 AOS package entered into NVC system

06/11/2008 : DS-3032 email reply received from NVC to my spouse

06/18/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Bill Paid online ($400)

06/20/2008 : DS-230 IV Fee Barcode cover sheet generated.

06/20/2008 : DS-230 Packet generated and mailed by NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 package mailed to NVC by USPS Express mail

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV Package delivered to NVC

00/00/2008 : DS-230 IV package entered into NVC system

00/00/2008 : Case Completed at NVC

Beirut U.S Embassy (Total Days: 0)

--------------------------

00/nn/2008 : Case Forwarded to Beirut U.S Embassy by DHL

00/nn/2008 : Medical at Beirut

00/nn/2008 : U.S Embassy Interview

-------------

00/nn/2008 : Arrival at U.S Port of Entry

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My lawyer has no answers. Each time my congressman calls, they say it is with an officer who still needs to make a decision.(which i guess is good)

How f$%#ing long does it take to make a decision, especially for those couples waiting this long.

I'm saddened even more when I'm seeing all of these VJ members being approved when they filed LONG after me.

I guess I should be happy for you guys, which I am, but it hurts. It really hurts.

If there was a problem with something I would have received an RFE, and I have received none.

Sorry it's my last complaining i will do this week. More to come i'm sure in the next week.

:angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying::angry::crying:

Timeline

Timeline

My wife and i had the same experience at Vermont serivce center.We applied the I-130 and I-129 just a little while before you(late june/early july),and did all the same things.We were told for months that our files were with an adjudicating officer.We called our Senator's office many times.No RFEs,just endless waiting.Both petitions were approved at the same time in mid-April.I think we both applied at the worst possible time,when the fees changed,and our petitions got lost in the deluge of applications. Just be strong,and keep the faith.Hopefully,you will hear something soon.

My wife and i had the same experience at Vermont serivce center.We applied the I-130 and I-129 just a little while before you(late june/early july),and did all the same things.We were told for months that our files were with an adjudicating officer.We called our Senator's office many times.No RFEs,just endless waiting.Both petitions were approved at the same time in mid-April.I think we both applied at the worst possible time,when the fees changed,and our petitions got lost in the deluge of applications. Just be strong,and keep the faith.Hopefully,you will hear something soon.

You say that both of your petitions were approved at Vermont?Can you please fill in your timeline it would help us a lot here on VJ.I'm sorry that you guys have to wait for so long, with VSC you never know where you stand.They are so unfair approving all those fiance petitions in such a short time, some of them were approved in a month, while married people have to wait 10 times longer!Where's the logic in that?

Pushbrk..............I do not know anything about the factors in my case which are complicating the decision?

I have not been told anything more.

My question was "What do you know about the factors in your case......?" not what has USCIS told you?

For instance, some people are aware of certain red flags that might cause delays. Sometimes you get stuck in name checks because you formerly had a security clearance or worked in sensitive security areas. Sometimes its an issue of a common name or something amiss in documentation.

Usually people with cases hung up, have some idea why that might be. Do you?

In our case we got an RFE in January for a mere Divorce stamp which we had overlooked. Then after submitting, we waited almost a month and had to call before they updated our case to resume processing and told us to wait 60 days for a decision. We called on the 62nd day, but the rep told us, it's only 2 days after 60 days, blah..blah...

Are they going to do more checking after an RFE?? after we called there was no touch update on our case online so that means nobody had really check it. It's just so frustrating.As beneficiary I could not think of anything I had done that may cause red flags.

1190776ucw831u5nf.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Pushbrk..............I do not know anything about the factors in my case which are complicating the decision?

My question was "What do you know about the factors in your case......?" not what has USCIS told you?

For instance, some people are aware of certain red flags that might cause delays. Sometimes you get stuck in name checks because you formerly had a security clearance or worked in sensitive security areas. Sometimes its an issue of a common name or something amiss in documentation.

Usually people with cases hung up, have some idea why that might be. Do you?

In our case we got an RFE in January for a mere Divorce stamp which we had overlooked. Then after submitting, we waited almost a month and had to call before they updated our case to resume processing and told us to wait 60 days for a decision. We called on the 62nd day, but the rep told us, it's only 2 days after 60 days, blah..blah...

Are they going to do more checking after an RFE?? after we called there was no touch update on our case online so that means nobody had really check it. It's just so frustrating.As beneficiary I could not think of anything I had done that may cause red flags.

I see, well it may not be so simple as something you did wrong. It could be just about anything in the history of either of you. If you haven't learned the process and studied what causes problems with other cases, you would be in the dark as to what it might be. Where is the petitioner? Why are they not here learning the process?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

What do you know about what factors in your case are complicating the decision?

hi jonbless

i too feel so sad and so bad.. still no approval... for almost 10 months!!!

have you made any service request and if you did, what did they tell you!!

we plan to do that this comings weeks if we dont have any good result by then...

i too don't know what more we can do...

God help us all...

Service requests have been made. I received a letter in response to the service request made on the 129F on April 14th which said......

"Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter"

Like I said in a previous post.....the word "should" is probably their scapegoat in the case that I don't receive a decision within 60 days.

My congressman here in Brooklyn has also sent a letter requesting action to be taken on my petition. The reply they received to this letter was that my case is currently with an adjudicating officer. A follow up call was made today, when he was told that the officer still needs to make a decision.

Also my senator (hillary clinton) has yet to reply to me. They told me they would contact me when they send a letter to USCIS. I called her office again today only to get the answering machine which I always get. Left a message and will wait to hear from them.

I basically feel like I've done everything I can do and that I'm being punished for doing the right thing.

I now consider leaving this country once again in order to be with my wife. Not the best option, but we are both very desperate.

Bless

send a letter to the ombudsman office complaining about the delay

send a fax to the vice president, personally can vouch it did work for me though it took a month but i reacted as soon as my dates were current. VP office is a gem compared to the senators i have dealth with. most senators i spoke to were clueless about immigrant petition didn't even know what K3 visa was and kept questioning me why i filed a fiance visa when i'm married. anyways

goto the ombudsman site and download the form and send it by fedex to the address on teh website not to the address on the form, it makes a huge difference i.e. the inclusion of Via Courier Service:

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

Attention: Case Problems

Department of Homeland Security

245 Murray Lane

Mail Stop 1225

Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_dhsform7001.pdf

Send a letter to the Vice President requesting his help with your case.

best wishes

M

Removal of Conditions I797C - Dec 7th 2010

FP Jan 14th 2011

approved May11th 2011

BEST WISHES!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

What do you know about what factors in your case are complicating the decision?

Thank you all for the support and ideas.

I'm going to pursue the ombudsman idea and VP letter on Monday.

I really appreciate all of you.

Thanks.

Bless

hi jonbless

i too feel so sad and so bad.. still no approval... for almost 10 months!!!

have you made any service request and if you did, what did they tell you!!

we plan to do that this comings weeks if we dont have any good result by then...

i too don't know what more we can do...

God help us all...

Service requests have been made. I received a letter in response to the service request made on the 129F on April 14th which said......

"Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter"

Like I said in a previous post.....the word "should" is probably their scapegoat in the case that I don't receive a decision within 60 days.

My congressman here in Brooklyn has also sent a letter requesting action to be taken on my petition. The reply they received to this letter was that my case is currently with an adjudicating officer. A follow up call was made today, when he was told that the officer still needs to make a decision.

Also my senator (hillary clinton) has yet to reply to me. They told me they would contact me when they send a letter to USCIS. I called her office again today only to get the answering machine which I always get. Left a message and will wait to hear from them.

I basically feel like I've done everything I can do and that I'm being punished for doing the right thing.

I now consider leaving this country once again in order to be with my wife. Not the best option, but we are both very desperate.

Bless

send a letter to the ombudsman office complaining about the delay

send a fax to the vice president, personally can vouch it did work for me though it took a month but i reacted as soon as my dates were current. VP office is a gem compared to the senators i have dealth with. most senators i spoke to were clueless about immigrant petition didn't even know what K3 visa was and kept questioning me why i filed a fiance visa when i'm married. anyways

goto the ombudsman site and download the form and send it by fedex to the address on teh website not to the address on the form, it makes a huge difference i.e. the inclusion of Via Courier Service:

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

Attention: Case Problems

Department of Homeland Security

245 Murray Lane

Mail Stop 1225

Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_dhsform7001.pdf

Send a letter to the Vice President requesting his help with your case.

best wishes

M

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Marriage : 2006-12-13

AOS

I-485 & EAD Sent : 2008-11-07

NOA : 2008-11-24

Biometrics appt.: 2008-12-11

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Same here, 280 days since NOA1 ...the hubby called but the rep who answered seems to be annoyed that we called even just to check on what's happening. They said just to wait.

Maybe someone needs to start a new thread for people waiting more than 250 days?

That sounds like a very good idea.I myself am on day 402 since my NOA1.I have traveled back and forth to my husbands country(NIGERIA),and it is very expensive.This is crazy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

same here, pushbrk.. all they told me was under "additional processing" and I was under Name check.. so I took the liberty of faxing the president and vice president and others (you guys know me, lol).. and they fowarded the letter to the Dept of Justice who then fowarded to FBI.. so I got a letter in the mail directly from the "Names Records Division" Chief , Michael Cannon.. something like that.. and saying there were no security checks on both of my cases and to "recheck with the local office".. they are just making excuses, jonbless :angry: :angry: that's why I'm doing what I'm doing now.. the "Writ of Mandamus" lawsuit for them to hurry it up.. a bit expensive, but it's worth it..

http://www.visalaw.com/05feb3/2feb305.html

http://www.ailf.org/lac/pa/lac_pa_081505.pdf

some info about it..

Edited by gogo

I-130 STAGE 1 : 533 days - 1 year 6 months (4/16/2007 to 9/22/2008)

Priority Date I-130 : 4/16/2007 ( 533 days , APPROVED 9/22/2008)
Transferred to local office based on "security checks" : 11/27/2007
wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

5/2/2008 - (lawsuit) Writ of Mandamus - OFFICIAL DATE (7/29/2008)
9/22/2008 - CALL AND EMAIL COPY OF APPROVAL NOTICE FROM LAWYER

NVC STAGE 2 : 99 days - 3 months (9/30/2008 to 1/7/2009)

NVC Received : 9/30/2008
Received Packet 3 (I-864/DS-230) : 11/10/2008
NVC says "RFE sent out 12/9/08 for missing documents" : 12/10/2008
CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

CONSULATE STAGE 3 : 96 days - 3 months (1/8/2009 to 4/14/2009)
CLEARED CUSTOMS - 3/10/2009
**APPOINTMENT DATE : 4/14/2009, 7:15AM**
** BLUE SLIP **

AP STAGE 4 : 97 days - 3 months (4/14/2009 to 7/20/2009)
DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009
CALL-IN LETTER NOTIFIED : 7/8/2009
CALL-IN LETTER (APPROVAL)!! : 7/16/2009
ALL DONE!! (got both GREEN CARD & SSN CARD) : 10/1/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

HER PARENTS - 10 months so far

I-130 Sent In : 1/7/2013

I-130 Approval : 3/28/2013

Transfer to NVC : 6/12/2013

Case Complete : 8/25/2013

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

DHL Tracking : arrived 9/24/2013

P4 Letter : 11/21/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Interview Passed : 12/9/2013

Visa "Issued" on CEAC : 12/10/2013

Timeline

some info about it.. I also paid a team of lawyers to handle it.. hopefully it will come through and I get approved soon.. and for those who haven't followed, I did all the things you can do 1) faxing them everyday multiple times and to multiple people (have about 50+ on my list, senators, congressmen, presidential candidates (all 3 of them), US attorneys, governor, whoever), 2) service requests - they are stupid - did 3 of them on I-129F already and 2 of them on I-130.. 3) expedite requests , but the director didn't approve it, even called his office - I can give you the direct number, lol ... and wrote to ombudsman too.. basically the lawyers will push for the I-130 (since the I-129F was suppose to be faster, but isn't, and they said it isn't worth it now - I would still need to adjust later)..

Edited by gogo

wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

** BLUE SLIP **

DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Timeline

forgot another good article on "Writ of Mandamus"

http://www.ailf.org/lac/clearinghouse_mandamus.shtml

CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

** BLUE SLIP **

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.